How corrupt is Detroit?

How corrupt is Detroit?

There are 46 comments on the Metro Times story from Mar 13, 2012, titled How corrupt is Detroit?. In it, Metro Times reports that:

Last week the federal government announced that it would stop sending a $50 million annual grant to the Detroit Human Services Department due to nepotism, reckless spending and corruption.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Metro Times.

Floyd

Dallas, TX

#25 Mar 6, 2013
reality is reality wrote:
well the people of Detroit & Chicago got EXACTLY what they have voted for since 1964.
One party & union corruption in charge of everything since 1964.
Noting will or can change in either city until there is a complete change in city structure.
So voters have a clear choice, vote the way you have been voting since 1964. How's that long voting record for one party been working for ya Hummmmm?
or vote for all new people from new parties
new races, faces, ideas.
cause what ya got now is not working for anyone except the union fat cats and da people mismanaging the Detroit Budget.
Voting aside, blacks have been busy inventing away over the years.
For example, Madam C. J. Walker invented the straightening comb in
approx 1905.
Credit where credit is due I say. Credit is like sex. Some get it and some don't.
Pete

Livonia, MI

#26 Mar 9, 2013
$50 million seems such a pittance compared to what the criminal enterprise may have stolen from Detroiters. We hear of a million here and there or even a few million. In reality, the flow was hundreds of millions. Even the "B" word crops up when dealing with the water department contracts. The money is in contracts for water, schools and city services.

Part of the reason these three thugs feel a sense of innocence and righteousness is because they only put a small portion in their personal pockets while certain contractors over-billed mega millions. It ain't easy being green.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#27 Mar 9, 2013
Whites have been sucking Detroit dry since the 1920's
Faygo Kid

Montréal, Canada

#28 Mar 10, 2013
Faygo goes back to 1899. Vernors goes back to 1866.
Yet Mickey's Malt Liquor in the 40 is very popular in the city.
Detroit is far from dry.
bensleys Best

Nashua, NH

#29 Mar 10, 2013
snapcracklepop wrote:
hummm a sided distorted view of city history.

it was the negro population of da city that burned out the business district, forced business to close or move from repeated robberies.

negro drug gangs shooting killing anyone even babies in drive by shootings burning empty crack houses with no remorse.

white & black responsible hard working middle class moved out years ago and the population that was left have finished off the city.

kiss your drug dealer before he shoots you

Pete

Livonia, MI

#30 Mar 10, 2013
bensleys Best wrote:
<quoted text>
it was the negro population of da city that burned out the business district, forced business to close or move from repeated robberies.
negro drug gangs shooting killing anyone even babies in drive by shootings burning empty crack houses with no remorse.
white & black responsible hard working middle class moved out years ago and the population that was left have finished off the city.
There was far less crime and fiscal concern when the city was mostly white. Racism was also far more rampant. Progress in ending racism was not enough for militant blacks. They had to burn cities to the ground and take them over. Now, like a son who kills his parents and cries that he is an orphan, blacks complain that whites left. Nevermind that blacks wanted to run the show. They did and the result has been a disaster. Don't blame me.

One positive thing came out of those mid 60's riots. Hospital emergency rooms were seeing war type wounds come in in large numbers and people were dying from lack of treatment in transport. Before about 69', ambulances were old hearses where they only transported victims and did no treatment along the way. Transport care changed and tools and training were added so victims could be stabilized and ultimately saved. Now modern ambulances have oxygen, difib devices and much more plus the training. Except where are these services severely lacking? Detroit, where the blacks run the show. Karma is at work.
Philagain

Reading, UK

#31 Mar 10, 2013
justsayN wrote:
How corrupt a city is depends on how much government funding they get to cover up their corruption.
Feck off homophobe.

If there is one thing that history has taught us, there is no dialogue..no debate..no discussions to be had with racists and fascists...They must be defeated and driven off our streets!
Randy

Chelmsford, MA

#32 Mar 10, 2013
Philagain wrote:
<quoted text>
Feck off homophobe.
If there is one thing that history has taught us, there is no dialogue..no debate..no discussions to be had with racists and fascists...They must be defeated and driven off our streets!
That's what I told my wife, less talk and more affirmative action.
Philagain

Reading, UK

#33 Mar 10, 2013
Randy wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I told my wife, less talk and more affirmative action.
Good for you Randy!

Since: Nov 11

Phenix City, AL

#34 Mar 10, 2013
Big_Country wrote:
I say we allow the blacks keep their jobs as elected officials but allow a really smart white guy run the business end of city government. This is a large major city, and it seems black ppl don't have what it takes to get the job done without stealing or appointing family members to important positions without having a background needed to do the job intelligently.
Right. Black people don't have what it takes and white people do?? They walk some higher path of morality?? If you really believe that then I pity you. Ignorance really is bliss.

Phenix City, AL

#35 Mar 10, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
There was far less crime and fiscal concern when the city was mostly white. Racism was also far more rampant. Progress in ending racism was not enough for militant blacks. They had to burn cities to the ground and take them over. Now, like a son who kills his parents and cries that he is an orphan, blacks complain that whites left. Nevermind that blacks wanted to run the show. They did and the result has been a disaster. Don't blame me.
One positive thing came out of those mid 60's riots. Hospital emergency rooms were seeing war type wounds come in in large numbers and people were dying from lack of treatment in transport. Before about 69', ambulances were old hearses where they only transported victims and did no treatment along the way. Transport care changed and tools and training were added so victims could be stabilized and ultimately saved. Now modern ambulances have oxygen, difib devices and much more plus the training. Except where are these services severely lacking? Detroit, where the blacks run the show. Karma is at work.
There was far less crime and fiscal concern because there was nearly 2 million people in the city with jobs a plenty! So before you go off on white people self-righteous tirade, examine all the facts. When white people, the ones who had all the jobs and political power left, the city went done. What a surprise. You talk about militant blacks, well, racism was alive and well at the time. Black people were sick of being treated like second class citizens and so they reacted out rage and frustration. Why is it you don't get that?
Pete

Livonia, MI

#36 Mar 10, 2013
Kallark27 wrote:
<quoted text>
There was far less crime and fiscal concern because there was nearly 2 million people in the city with jobs a plenty! So before you go off on white people self-righteous tirade, examine all the facts. When white people, the ones who had all the jobs and political power left, the city went done. What a surprise. You talk about militant blacks, well, racism was alive and well at the time. Black people were sick of being treated like second class citizens and so they reacted out rage and frustration. Why is it you don't get that?
Black people are not sick of living off the dole. They won't even shop in their own areas, wouldn't if they had their own stores. Blacks believe the white man's ice is colder. Give me all the excuses and babel as to why blacks don't study and learn. Why not pool their capital and start businesses? There is plenty of black capital, certainly enough for a start. Why not stop bragging about running the last K-Mart out of Detroit as I hear so often on WCHB. White people and black people with jobs and common sense left Detroit after the riot. Why is the percentage of felons in Detroit so high? Who makes blacks commit all these crimes? Why do blacks come to my city to rob Verizon outlets?

You have only BS to provide. YOU ARE THE PROBLEM.

Spartanburg, SC

#37 Mar 10, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Black people are not sick of living off the dole. They won't even shop in their own areas, wouldn't if they had their own stores. Blacks believe the white man's ice is colder. Give me all the excuses and babel as to why blacks don't study and learn. Why not pool their capital and start businesses? There is plenty of black capital, certainly enough for a start. Why not stop bragging about running the last K-Mart out of Detroit as I hear so often on WCHB. White people and black people with jobs and common sense left Detroit after the riot. Why is the percentage of felons in Detroit so high? Who makes blacks commit all these crimes? Why do blacks come to my city to rob Verizon outlets?
You have only BS to provide. YOU ARE THE PROBLEM.
And you sir believe that white skin makes you akin to God. I'm not going to keep arguing with you about the socio-economic, political, and emotional ramifications of outsourcing jobs amongst other things.
Pete

Livonia, MI

#38 Mar 10, 2013
Kallark27 wrote:
<quoted text>
And you sir believe that white skin makes you akin to God. I'm not going to keep arguing with you about the socio-economic, political, and emotional ramifications of outsourcing jobs amongst other things.
You are not capable of arguing. Arguing is when one person presents a point and another answers that point, not going on dribbling about the edges. You have no answers. Quit dribbling.

Spartanburg, SC

#39 Mar 10, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not capable of arguing. Arguing is when one person presents a point and another answers that point, not going on dribbling about the edges. You have no answers. Quit dribbling.
Dribbling about the edges huh?? Well, if you say so lol.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#40 Mar 11, 2013
bensleys Best wrote:
Not really, at the core of every filth is the white man who started it all.
bensleys Best wrote:
Only after the white man kept the blacks in cages like animals and treated them like rotten meat. Don't complain when an abused animal gets loose when you are the one that was doing the abusing.
bensleys Best wrote:
All taught by the white man, they sure learn quick, uh?
bensleys Best wrote:
Of course they did, that's what chickenshit white people do, they create a problem and never fix it, they just run away. Blacks didn't force anything, white people are the weaker species now, get use to it.
Doppleganger

Orchard Park, NY

#41 Mar 11, 2013
Well, Kwame is the one who will be in a cage for years. Let's keep all the abused animals locked up. Live would be better.
Bernard

Buffalo, NY

#42 Mar 11, 2013
My son didn't take a dime.
Pete

Livonia, MI

#43 Mar 14, 2013
When the story breaks in 2035 of his release from federal pen, folks will ask "Kwame who?" and ponder the story of an old man who used to live in Detroit.
bensleys best

Nashua, NH

#46 Mar 17, 2013
snapcracklepop wrote:
yo your popness,

try to focus here, blacks have been mismanaging city hall city government , then add blacks burning, looting, stealing, doing armed robberies, selling drugs on every corner , doing them drive by shootings, overloading the welfare offices with bunches of little negro babies with no fathers, paying off greedy union contracts, black building inspectors taking bribes under da table.

Detroit was a great city until hell night when the population burned out the business district.

ain't no whites in those crimes just blacks doing the damage, ask them babies shot dead in cribs be da drive by morons.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Rouge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Detroit drivers are nation's best, according to... 3 hr @Kelly 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 16 hr Fitius T Bluster 20,947
I hate all white people. They all are like Trump (Sep '16) Mon you hate the truth 40
News Pregnant woman shot 4 times outside Detroit home Jun 25 @Kelly 1
AK Steel/UAW contract Jun 25 Real 25
News 48 Hours: Best things to do in Metro Detroit Jun 24 ThomasA 2
Ak steel contract negotianons Jun 21 did they 3

River Rouge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

River Rouge Mortgages