How corrupt is Detroit?

Mar 13, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Metro Times

Last week the federal government announced that it would stop sending a $50 million annual grant to the Detroit Human Services Department due to nepotism, reckless spending and corruption.

Comments
1 - 20 of 46 Comments Last updated Mar 19, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
justsayN

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2012

How corrupt a city is depends on how much government funding they get to cover up their corruption.
phil

Clinton Township, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2012

Judged:

this is why they dont want a goverment manager coming in and taking over they will find how much corruption and where all the money has been going
Mike

Eastpointe, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2012

Detroit Human Services? Kind of oxymoronic.
Panafrican

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2012

Mike wrote:
Detroit Human Services? Kind of oxymoronic.
Babylonians,Romans, sumarians all knew about corruption way before the 1st century and we are in the 21st century.
Mike

Eastpointe, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2012

Panafrican wrote:
<quoted text>
Babylonians,Romans, sumarians all knew about corruption way before the 1st century and we are in the 21st century.
So that makes it right?

??????????
Al Reiki Modeki

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2012

Panafrican wrote:
<quoted text>
They knew about murder too. So everything is ok because they did it first.
Come on.
Give me a break.
kev

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2012

Judged:

Many of these officials and cronies have proved they r not trustworthy. Like have foxes watching over chicken coops. Sad to say but reality
Sean Ohaney

Secaucus, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2012

A fox only kills for the food when hungry or to feed its young. County officials like to steal to keep in practice.
Big_Country

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2012

Sean Ohaney wrote:
A fox only kills for the food when hungry or to feed its young. County officials like to steal to keep in practice.
What? Foxes and feeding babies. I'm against county officials making any rules about hunting Foxes, especially when nursing cubs. And no I don't think anyone has the right to steal a law practice business.
kev

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2012

Figure of speech Big country. U would make a great comedians! Lol
Big_Country

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2012

Judged:

I say we allow the blacks keep their jobs as elected officials but allow a really smart white guy run the business end of city government. This is a large major city, and it seems black ppl don't have what it takes to get the job done without stealing or appointing family members to important positions without having a background needed to do the job intelligently.
Charlene

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2012

Judged:

Rough wrote:
Percentage of blacks=percentage of corruption
So sick of these violent, yet lazy animals. They are the true domestic terrorists.
Big_Country

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2012

Judged:

Charlene wrote:
<quoted text>So sick of these violent, yet lazy animals. They are the true domestic terrorists.
You hit a bullseye Charlene. Domestic terrorist. Yes, that is exactly correct. They all should be subject to homeland security jurisdiction ....SERIOUSLY
kev

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2012

Now let us be fair. The turkia Mullins scandal involves white people. One black man claims he was fired because he would not divert money illegally that turkia wanted him to when she was economic director.The board at airport has Caucasians that were doing things wrong .they admitted they hired turkia illegally. We have to be sure in the future who we elect will have people appointed by them that have best integrity possible regardless of race.agreed?
Terry

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2012

Judged:

turkia Mullins is not white
Dorothea Knight

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Detroit is not the only community experiencing government corruption. ST. CLAIR COUNTY CORRUPTION – FRAUD PERPETRATED UPON ITS CITIZENS: A large portion of 451 residents were overcharged by $16 each for their Delinquent Dog Licenses, in violation of the St. Clair County Animal Control & Protection ordinance, before the Board of Commissioners amended the ordinance as a cover-up. All our elected officials know this happened – our Attorney General knows it – and the director of the of the AG’s Criminal Division, located right in the City of Detroit knows it – he accuses me of being “frustrated” because I believe those persons who were overcharged should receive a refund. This is black & white corruption – should not be tolerated – but nobody cares. Visit @www.knightsanimalwelfaresocie ty.com
Floyd

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Dorothea Knight wrote:
Detroit is not the only community experiencing government corruption. ST. CLAIR COUNTY CORRUPTION – FRAUD PERPETRATED UPON ITS CITIZENS: A large portion of 451 residents were overcharged by $16 each for their Delinquent Dog Licenses, in violation of the St. Clair County Animal Control & Protection ordinance, before the Board of Commissioners amended the ordinance as a cover-up. All our elected officials know this happened – our Attorney General knows it – and the director of the of the AG’s Criminal Division, located right in the City of Detroit knows it – he accuses me of being “frustrated” because I believe those persons who were overcharged should receive a refund. This is black & white corruption – should not be tolerated – but nobody cares. Visit @www.knightsanimalwelfaresocie ty.com
And I ask you, who invented the biscuit cutter?
The biscuit cutter was invented in 1875 by Alexander P. Ashbourne, an African-American inventor.
So they always got that going for them.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Detroit was corrupt since the 20's and 30's under white supremacy. Blacks learned everything from their white masters.
Floyd

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

snapcracklepop wrote:
Detroit was corrupt since the 20's and 30's under white supremacy. Blacks learned everything from their white masters.
Not everything young man. Check your history. A. L. Cralle invented an ice cream scooper on February 2, 1897.
reality is reality

Nashua, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

well the people of Detroit & Chicago got EXACTLY what they have voted for since 1964.

One party & union corruption in charge of everything since 1964.

Noting will or can change in either city until there is a complete change in city structure.

So voters have a clear choice, vote the way you have been voting since 1964. How's that long voting record for one party been working for ya Hummmmm?

or vote for all new people from new parties
new races, faces, ideas.

cause what ya got now is not working for anyone except the union fat cats and da people mismanaging the Detroit Budget.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

River Rouge Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

River Rouge People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

River Rouge News, Events & Info