Napoleon explains his plan to reduce ...

Napoleon explains his plan to reduce crime in Detroit

There are 2 comments on the Michigan Radio story from Sep 17, 2013, titled Napoleon explains his plan to reduce crime in Detroit. In it, Michigan Radio reports that:

On today's "All Things Considered," Host Jennifer White talks with Wayne County Sheriff, Benny Napoleon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Michigan Radio.

Pete

Livonia, MI

#1 Sep 17, 2013
Benny has a great idea as expressed in his 25 page PDF. It's more like a 25 slide show of major points without detail.

All the items mentioned are great, but it would take six times as many officers to execute a plan to achieve all those things.

When huge numbers of 911 calls keep coming, about all that can be done is take down names and addresses. If major crime could be cut to some critical mass, say with National Guard troops, perhaps the trend could be turned.
walter cronkite

Detroit, MI

#2 Sep 18, 2013
Last time national guard was used in detroit.july 1967.i was in Orlando then.detroit was never the same. Been on decline ever since. Who ever thought detroit would be the butt of jokes less than 25 yeats later instead of Cleveland ?if Napoleon can reduce murder and crime, he should be given a medal at whitehouse.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Rouge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News State Senator Accused of Shooting at Car Shows ... 8 hr reality is a crutch 1
News Sharia scare threatens religious freedom (Nov '10) 11 hr Swedenforever 6
Review: A And M Express 1 LLC Tue Concerned citizen 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Tue Bam 19,928
Dearborn doctor Pleads Guilty to 4.2 million $ ... Mon News 1
Reuniting with his mother 41 years after being... May 25 Top Runner 1
Frozen Dog Apr '15 lewws 2
More from around the web

River Rouge People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]