Former mayor is arrested for drunken ...

Former mayor is arrested for drunken driving

There are 43 comments on the Heritage Newspapers story from Aug 12, 2006, titled Former mayor is arrested for drunken driving. In it, Heritage Newspapers reports that:

Former Mayor Suzanne Hall was arrested Thursday evening for drunken driving. On the advice of legal counsel, the Police Department is not releasing the report on the incident, an official said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Heritage Newspapers.

Pappy

AOL

#21 Oct 29, 2006
Ron wrote:
Every week there's a front page story (with a color picture) about Sue Hall's drunk driving arrest, and I for one am sick of it. For God's sake how can the newspaper justify this while putting stories about Downriver soldiers killed in Iraq on page 3. Robberies, car thefts, and burglaries rarel rate better than page 5. Where are our priorities? Enough is enough. She made a big mistake and admitted it. We forgave the Tigers and Mim Leyland for losing the World Series and look how many mistakes they made. That's because we know that inside they're a good team that will use this as a learning experience for the future. I think the same of Sue Hall.
Right on Ron! Sue Hall made one mistake and I for one forgive her. Heck, the Tigers made 5 times that many mistakes in the first game of the World Series and I paid $250 a seat ($500 total) to watch them! The day after the Tigers lost the Series, people were still carrying around signs that read, "Jim Leyland for Governor". Do yourself a favor Jim and take some advice from a guy who's old enough to have watched the Tigers at Briggs Stadium. Forgive and Forget. If my wife hadn't forgiven me so many times over the years, I don't know where I'd be today.
Brian

AOL

#22 Oct 29, 2006
Sue Hall is a good person who made a mistake and admitted it. Nothing more and nothing less, and now we know she's only human. That's just all the more reason that I'll vote for her the next time she runs for office. Keep your head high Sue, because a lot of people in this town think the world of you.
Brian

AOL

#23 Oct 29, 2006
Brian wrote:
Sue Hall is a good person who made a mistake and admitted it. Nothing more and nothing less, and now we know she's only human. That's just all the more reason that I'll vote for her the next time she runs for office. Keep your head high Sue, because a lot of people in this town think the world of you.
Amen! Sue's one of the only politicians I've ever known who actually admitted a mistake. She's a friend to people in need and she's a good person. Sue's got everyone in my family's vote too!
Lois

AOL

#24 Oct 30, 2006
I'm glad that Sue is putting this behind her and moving ahead. There's nothing to be gained by living in the past. And there's no reason not to forgive a person who made a mistake. We all make them. Sue is the type of decent, good hearted human being that the world needs more of. I hope she runs for office again. We need more pro-life politicians. God Bless you Sue.
Brandon

AOL

#25 Oct 30, 2006
Why does the newspaper keep running front page stories about Sue Hall's drunk driving arrest? What do they want, blood? She made a mistake, got caught, plead guilty, and has a right to move on with her life. She regrets what she did, just like I did when I got popped a few years ago by the State boys. That little night on the town cost me an arm and a leg, and it darn near cost me my job and marriage. These are the type of penalties you should expect if you drink and drive, but not to have your face plastered all over the front page of the newspaper week after week. It's not right to condemn others for making mistakes. Good Christians forgive and move on.
Cathy

AOL

#26 Oct 30, 2006
Hang in there Sue, WE LOVE YA!!!
Brian

AOL

#27 Nov 14, 2006
I was a bit skeptical when Sue Hall got arrested for DWI. I thought she was probably get off because of her connections. Boy was I wrong. I see that she accepted full responsility for her actions and got hammered by the judge, and I MEAN HAMMERED. A bunch of us were talking about it the other night at bowling, and a few really don't like her old man. We couldn't believe how much she got fined, and then to have community service, have to go to alcohol classes, and be put on a year's probation to boot! SHE GOT HAMMERED. Trust me I know what I'm talking about. I got arrested for the same thing 6 years ago, and I sure didn't get the sentence that Sue got. This doesn't sound right, but she really took it like a man. I RESPECT THAT AND SO DO MY FRIENDS.
Betty and Ray

AOL

#28 Nov 15, 2006
LOVE YA SUE! You'll be back and we'll be right there supporting you.
RichardKCMo

United States

#29 Nov 15, 2006
All i can say is what if!!!
Bob and Lorraine

AOL

#30 Nov 19, 2006
Sue Hall is a wonderful person who made a mistake, no more, no less. If there were more people like Sue, the world would be a much better place. SHE HAS OUR VOTE!
PAUL

Livonia, MI

#31 Jan 30, 2007
YES SUE HALL WAS THE MAYOR THAT DID THE MOST IN S.GATE.
YES SUE SHOULD HAVE GOT ARRESTED FOR DUI.
BUT SHE WAS SETUP AND THATS NOT RIGHT.
I'VE BEEN TOLD BY SEVERAL OFFICERS OVER THE PAST FEW YEARS THAT THEY WERE JUST WAITING TO SEE HER DRIVING LATE AT NIGHT.
THEY NEVER GAVE HER 1 BREAK, I'VE GOT AT LEAST 20 BREAKS LATE AT NIGHT WHILE DRUNK.
THEY KNOW EVERYONE WHO CALLS IN. THEY WAIT FOR YOU OUTSIDE OF THE BAR AND YOU CANT CONTEST A THING.
been there

Wyandotte, MI

#32 Apr 30, 2007
I do my best driving when I'm drunk
SMG

Cleveland, OH

#33 Jul 9, 2007
What I find interesting is that all the good comments seem to come from people that know Sue. All the negative, from people who don't. Obviously, her track record speaks for itself. She seems like a great person. A great person who made a mistake. Move on.
pinkplate

United States

#34 Jul 16, 2007
wow, I wonder how many police officers had to follow her around until they found something on her? More than likely, it took several shifts and man hours for them to finally arrive at that. It just goes to show you that if you keep looking you will find something on anyone. And the beat goes on....
Doug Maynard

Royal Oak, MI

#35 Apr 18, 2009
PROVEN LEADERSHIP.......SUE HALL....yeah right.....I got BREAKING NEWS for you people! Wake up! Her "leadership" obviously DID NOT, I repeat, DID NOT connect with the Southgate voters! In fact, the citizens of Southgate (or a good majority of them) got sick of the Halls whining, bickering, and their "leadership". She has a childish and immature husband Larry (whom she appointed Police Chief even though she said she wouldn't, which is a lie) who would whine everytime you turn around about everything, except when her precious wife was in office (ex: Dennis David days as Mayor; the bickering would go on and on between the Mayor and Police Chief with virtually every decision made (by the Mayor).

Shortly before leaving the mayor's office, Sue Hall's belongings (both at her job and house) were searched by government officials for something in which I can't remember at the moment. The News-Herald reported this story a few years back.

Well, when election time came again for Dennis David, he lost (most likely due to the bickering with Police Chief Hall). Sue Hall tried running for Mayor again and surprisingly, former Mayor Norma Wurmlinger did too, with a strong message "Stop the Nonsense!" That slogan worked. Sue Hall lost the election and Norma Wurmlinger returned to the Mayor's office.

Here's where it gets good and it shows how much of a baby and a whiner Larry Hall is. Right after Wurmlinger defeated his wife, Hall left a note on the desk at the Southgate PD saying "I'm taking a leave of absence,"

-Larry

Well, that "leave of absence" soon turned into a RESIGNATION from the SPD in general. Charles Castle (thankfully) is now Police Chief of the Southgate Police Department, and our government is finally NORMAL and run PROPERLY again!

Since: May 09

michigan

#36 May 11, 2009
I hope she gets the chair.
lilr3dh3n

Edinburg, TX

#37 Feb 15, 2010
the Sedalia news paper sucks and they print things to satisfy themselves ( the people who own it )
you never no what their hands are in
Hilarious

Daytona Beach, FL

#38 Jul 8, 2013
Sue Hall has never done anything for the poor. This is a bizarre mental disorder of the American people. They find the most prominent person in a story (usually a President of the United States), and attribute all things good or bad to them. It's the tax dollars and charitable donations of the whole of the citizenry who does these things for the poor, not some politician playing with other people's resources.
spearscrue

Trenton, MI

#39 Aug 20, 2013
I personally do not know Sue Hall but I am glad to hear that she is a Christian and a GOD fearing women, We all are sinners and we all make mistakes daily. But on the other hand if she is guilty she should be held accountable as everyone else should, just because you are a politician, athlete, Hollywood movistar, rapper, country/rock singer etc. etc.. you should not receive special treatment or be excluded. And NO I do not harbor any harsh feelings towards her!
Cesar

Valencia, Venezuela

#40 Nov 13, 2013
Does everything there, just pop out of the womb and latch onto a bottle of firewater?

That place is the most psycotic liquor bowl of beasts, drugged up on firewater I have ever heard of.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Rouge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Have We Done To Ourselves ? 2 hr TrumpaccusedofChi... 3
Communist Castro Greedy Rich like Trump 2 hr CommieCastroRichL... 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr south amboy 20,699
Diana 4 hr anonymous 1
What would be the best way to CLEAN UP DETROIT? (Sep '14) Dec 1 Population control 194
News Suspected drunk driver rear-ends school bus Dec 1 Ray 1
News Missing Detroit man has Alzheimer's, dementia Dec 1 former democrat 1

River Rouge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

River Rouge Mortgages