Fund To Help Struggling Detroit Water...

Fund To Help Struggling Detroit Water Customers, Flood Cleanup

There are 5 comments on the CBS Local story from Aug 22, 2014, titled Fund To Help Struggling Detroit Water Customers, Flood Cleanup. In it, CBS Local reports that:

Detroit residents with unpaid water bills and others looking at an expensive cleanup from recent flooding will get some help from $2 million contributed by the Michigan Health Endowment Fund.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS Local.

reality is a crutch

Nashua, NH

#1 Aug 23, 2014
Gee don't the citizens of Detroit do anything without government assistance?

No wonder the city is in such a mess folks always waiting for government instead of taking action and doing things for themselves.
Free Kwame

Wayne, MI

#2 Aug 23, 2014
It's either lend a hand or they will burn our once proud city to the ground!
Besides, compared to the $$$'s we give away in foreign aid, this is a "drop in the bucket".
Wandering

United States

#4 Aug 23, 2014
Some people are elderly or unwell. I myself lost my furnance washer and dryer. Those things are hard for anyone to replace all at once not to mention other personal belongings. I think people who think everyone in Detroit is looking for a hand out should be ashamed of themselves for their lack of compassion. Iam a taxpayer and live in a wonderful neighboorhood where neighbors are always extending a hand with my lawn and snow shoveling. I only lived in the suhburbs once and couldn't wait to get back to my city Detroit but not for a handout , I guess being red lined for car insurance is like getting robbed every month without a gun. You try paying $2.000 for a 10 year old vehicle that's never been stolen, vandalized nor do I have any DUIs not to mention tickets.its people like you that keep me grounded where it's real
Wandering

United States

#5 Aug 23, 2014
Let me just add to my just previous post , I know people who lost lots of things. My girlfriend lives in a basement apartment and lost everything, she had to evacuate. Until you have walked in someone else's shoes you should be more thoughtful about your comments. Does this mean Oakland and Macomb county's are looking for a hand out too ?
Wandering

United States

#6 Aug 24, 2014
By the way I have a white sheet you can have it was in the flood. It's enviromentaly unsafe so when you cut out the 2 eyes apply over your head with no holes for nose and mouth and take a deep breathe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Rouge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I like to masturbate to a picture of Hitler? 1 hr Jeremy 5
News Detroit Man Charged In Shooting Of 7-Year-Old B... 1 hr Jeremy 2
Here is a NICE SWEET GOOD OL N(EYE)_G_G_E_R POEM! 1 hr Jeremy 3
nascar 1 hr Jeremy 2
Why do ALL Black People SMELL (and steal, and r... 16 hr Enterusername 5
Trump will control all blacks in Detroit 20 hr Karen 2
News Making Bicycles in Detroit Is an Uphill Ride Aug 20 TRUMP SARCASM SUCKS 2

River Rouge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance