Farrakhan urges Detroit to redevelop ...

Farrakhan urges Detroit to redevelop all neighborhoods, not just downtown

There are 460 comments on the MLive.com story from Feb 24, 2014, titled Farrakhan urges Detroit to redevelop all neighborhoods, not just downtown. In it, MLive.com reports that:

The black community must unite across Christian-Muslim lines and recognize the common goals among the diverse approaches of its past leaders, from Malcolm X to W.E.B. DuBois, because they all "wanted our liberation," Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan told thousands of supporters Sunday in Detroit.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MLive.com.

Spyke Leee

Brunswick, OH

#27 Mar 8, 2014
Leave the city alone! You just want rich white folk to move back in there!

Since: Jun 12

Hoddesdon, UK

#28 Mar 8, 2014
reality is a crutch wrote:
is louie the big mouth going to pay for all this redevelopment of all the neighborhoods of Detroit with his own money or is he just running off at the mouth again.
Hey your louieness
why don't you go back to Chicago walk the streets of the south side and take the guns and drugs out of the hands of the N word youths of Chicago??
You should be on the streets of chicago walking protesting the thousands of dead black people at the hands of other black people with unregistered unlicensed guns.
But that would take a courage you just don't have cause you is just another black moron who is all mouth and no action.
I'm no fan of farrakhan but this makes sense to me..just read between the lines. Properties in deprived Detroit are going for a song these days...you could actually buy a dilapidated property and just sit on it until the market picks up..its risky but so what...the Chinese are well in there...trust me.

The benefit will always be close proximity to down town...the closer the better.
Richard Prior

Atlanta, GA

#29 Mar 8, 2014
freddie47 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm no fan of farrakhan but this makes sense to me..just read between the lines. Properties in deprived Detroit are going for a song these days...you could actually buy a dilapidated property and just sit on it until the market picks up..its risky but so what...the Chinese are well in there...trust me.
The benefit will always be close proximity to down town...the closer the better.
But first he has to figure out how to read the lines, let alone between the lines.
Bombardier

Charlestown, IN

#30 Mar 8, 2014
Give the devil his due. Farrakhan is good at fleecing the masses.

Since: Jun 12

Hoddesdon, UK

#31 Mar 8, 2014
Richard Prior wrote:
<quoted text>

But first he has to figure out how to read the lines, let alone between the lines.
You take advantage of the opportunities or you donít.

Since: Jun 12

Hoddesdon, UK

#32 Mar 8, 2014
Bombardier wrote:
Give the devil his due. Farrakhan is good at fleecing the masses.
No..banksters are good at fleecing the masses..I hope you don't live on the same street as a subprime lender.
Bombardier

Charlestown, IN

#33 Mar 8, 2014
freddie47 wrote:
<quoted text>
No..banksters are good at fleecing the masses..I hope you don't live on the same street as a subprime lender.
True. But Farrakhan is good at it too.

Since: Jun 12

Hoddesdon, UK

#34 Mar 10, 2014
Bombardier wrote:
<quoted text>

True. But Farrakhan is good at it too.
True but farrakhan hasn't impacted on your everyday life...the man is nothing more than an opportunist.

What I find disturbing is that Detroit is being picked over by all and sundry...it's a free for all.

I blame the conservatives and you probably blame the Liberals..while all the infighting goes on the likes of farrakhan gets to pick over the leftovers.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#36 Mar 10, 2014
freddie47 wrote:
<quoted text>
True but farrakhan hasn't impacted on your everyday life...the man is nothing more than an opportunist.
What I find disturbing is that Detroit is being picked over by all and sundry...it's a free for all.
I blame the conservatives and you probably blame the Liberals..while all the infighting goes on the likes of farrakhan gets to pick over the leftovers.
You blame the Conservatives, even though the city has been run into the ground by liberals. Liberals that stole everything they could from the city. Does Kwame ring a bell? Or is that a fiasco you are still trying to forget?

Nothing like sticking your head in the sand and avoiding the real issues. Blame everyone but yourselves.

By the way, have you seen the list of demands from NOI? You should.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#37 Mar 10, 2014
freddie47 wrote:
<quoted text>
You take advantage of the opportunities or you donít.
He's not taking advantage of opportunities, farrakhan takes advantage of people. Black people.

But you're too blind to see it.

Since: Mar 11

Columbus Ohio

#38 Mar 10, 2014
Ravenclaw wrote:
<quoted text>
You blame the Conservatives, even though the city has been run into the ground by liberals. Liberals that stole everything they could from the city. Does Kwame ring a bell? Or is that a fiasco you are still trying to forget?
Nothing like sticking your head in the sand and avoiding the real issues. Blame everyone but yourselves.
By the way, have you seen the list of demands from NOI? You should.
Really? The auto industry went into the tank in 2007 under a republican president that is the reason Detroit is in the financial situation it is in today.You can blame it on the liberals all you want but its not true do the research and see how much tax money left Detroit with the auto industry.

Since: Jun 12

Hoddesdon, UK

#40 Mar 10, 2014
Ravenclaw wrote:
<quoted text>
You blame the Conservatives, even though the city has been run into the ground by liberals. Liberals that stole everything they could from the city. Does Kwame ring a bell? Or is that a fiasco you are still trying to forget?
Nothing like sticking your head in the sand and avoiding the real issues. Blame everyone but yourselves.
By the way, have you seen the list of demands from NOI? You should.
Kwame?..WTF did a Mayor have to with the demise of Detroit?...get real will you. This is Federal Government business since they control the purse strings and, this is not something that just suddenly happened.

What issues?... I'll bet you don't even know what the issues are. All you see is a Black face and then fall for the classic ruse.

If anyone is burying their head in the sand it's you.

Since: Jun 12

Hoddesdon, UK

#41 Mar 10, 2014
@Rav...,

Motor City was dead in the water long before Kwame came along..when I was living in the US there werenít that many Asian cars trust.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#42 Mar 10, 2014
iamcuriousnow wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? The auto industry went into the tank in 2007 under a republican president that is the reason Detroit is in the financial situation it is in today.You can blame it on the liberals all you want but its not true do the research and see how much tax money left Detroit with the auto industry.
Because of NAFTA. That little 'gift' was signed by Clinton, although originating with Bush SR. 30 seconds spent in Google would have given you facts to work with, instead of the 'blame Bush' you liberal crybabies are still chanting.

I lived on the West side of Michigan for years - and worked in the cesspool aka Detroit. Most of the state tax dollars went to support welfare programs in Detoilet. Nothing like throwing good money after bad.

Are you really trying to say that Kwame and his 'brothers' didn't damage Detroit? LMAO

If you'd like another prime example...New Orleans under good old mayor Nagin. Where is he now? Headed to prison. LOL He screwed over his black constituents too, but what the heck. He's a brother.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#43 Mar 10, 2014
Blacks Be Plague wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, all the working people left and all that was left was parasitic nighurs like you.
Yep, and now the Detroit Police Chief has warned decent citizens to stay away from Detoilet, because his police force can't keep them safe.

Gotta love that bastion of liberalism!

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#44 Mar 10, 2014
freddie47 wrote:
<quoted text>
Kwame?..WTF did a Mayor have to with the demise of Detroit?...get real will you. This is Federal Government business since they control the purse strings and, this is not something that just suddenly happened.
What issues?... I'll bet you don't even know what the issues are. All you see is a Black face and then fall for the classic ruse.
If anyone is burying their head in the sand it's you.
How many millions did Kwame pilfer from the city? Then you wonder why Detoilet is bankrupt, and screwing their own city retirees (mostly blacks by the way - but what do you care)???

Here, read something. Learn some facts. Try not to be so ignorant.

Kwame M. Kilpatrick, Former Detroit Mayor, Sentenced to 28 Years in Corruption Case
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/11/us/former-d...

DETROIT ó Kwame M. Kilpatrick, the former mayor of Detroit, stood before a federal judge on Thursday and apologized for putting the people of his city through a corruption scandal so vast that prosecutors say it helped accelerate Detroitís march toward bankruptcy.

~~~~~~
And that comes from a left wing rag!

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#45 Mar 10, 2014
From the same article:

Mr. Kilpatrick, 43, was convicted in March of two dozen counts that included charges of racketeering and extortion, adding his name to a list of at least 18 city officials who have been convicted of corruption during his tenure. His punishment ranks among the harshest major state and local public corruption cases.

~~~~~

Golly gee, I wonder how many of those 18 city officials were democRATS.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#46 Mar 10, 2014
Here's what NOI (farrakhan) wants, their own website, in their own words.

http://www.noi.org/muslim-program/

Nothing more than a list of terrorist demands. The 'freedoms' they are demanding already apply to all lawful citizens of the US.

Oddly enough, you NEVER hear them griping or doing anything constructive about their African brothers and sisters who are still being used and abused as slaves TODAY. The slave masters are muslims. The conditions these Africans live in are hell. But American blacks are too busy griping about slavery that ended nearly 150 years ago. They don't care.

All NOI is interested in is lining their pockets - to the detriment of their own 'people'. Shameful.
theres

Howell, MI

#47 Mar 10, 2014
if you don't have A job do everyone a favor And become A crab fishermen.. IT IS A HIGH PAY HIGH RISK Job ANd people won't hate yuo for doing it like they will if your a drug dealer!

Since: Jun 12

Hoddesdon, UK

#48 Mar 10, 2014
@Rav...,

Ok I remember that now...my point though is that he was picking from a dead carcass.

I think you were trying to make out like Kwame caused the demise of Detroit.

Thatcher brought about the demise of the Northwest of England.. Manchester/Liverpool and, Thatcher was in bed with reagan at the time...we detest conservatives and all they stand for here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Rouge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Eboni Mcewen-Ross Sat Kacey 1
Bad Boy 1991 Sat Poo-Bear 3
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Sat Fitius T Bluster 21,382
Is der ny knee grows dare? Sat Planet of apes 1
Ecorse -- REMEMBER WHEN .... (Aug '07) Jan 18 Mr Danovich 4,739
Do you think Wyandotte Police are out of contro... (Mar '09) Jan 18 Anonymous 60
Abuse of opiates Jan 17 three blocks 3

River Rouge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

River Rouge Mortgages