Bon Jovi in cruise control at Ford Field show

There are 20 comments on the Jul 19, 2013, Detroit News story titled Bon Jovi in cruise control at Ford Field show. In it, Detroit News reports that:

Bon Jovi plays to a near-capacity crowd at Ford Field on Thursday night. Bon Jovi revved up at Ford Field on Thursday night, playing on a massive stage that was shaped like the front end of a '59 Buick.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit News.

reeder

Cedar Rapids, IA

#1 Jul 19, 2013
Not really a good review. Was anyone from the board there?? Would love to hear your thoughts.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#2 Jul 19, 2013
A couple of the people I follow on twitter went. They said the band was great but not the same. They said PX did a good job though.
Rundem

Guelph, Canada

#3 Jul 19, 2013
Charlotte 6 wrote:
A couple of the people I follow on twitter went. They said the band was great but not the same. They said PX did a good job though.
I went and it was an awesome show. The band was on fire.....no criuise control. You should read the review from the Detroit Free Press. They loved it.
It was a bad day for Detroit City as they declared bankruptcy. The fans were overjoyed to see one of their favourites on a backdrop of a car from "American Steel"
reeder

Cedar Rapids, IA

#4 Jul 19, 2013
Rundem wrote:
<quoted text>I went and it was an awesome show. The band was on fire.....no criuise control. You should read the review from the Detroit Free Press. They loved it.
It was a bad day for Detroit City as they declared bankruptcy. The fans were overjoyed to see one of their favourites on a backdrop of a car from "American Steel"
Thanks! Will go and read the reviews there. I totally get its not the same without Richie but it bothers me to see a review like that.
Rundem

Guelph, Canada

#5 Jul 19, 2013
http://www.macombdaily.com/article/20130719/E...

Here is a review to read.
Also after the show Jon wrote a very touching letter to Detroit on their website. It was pretty special for a beleaguered town.
I am not from Detroit but I lived in Windsor Ontario a number of years ago and often went over to Detroit and it makes me sad that they are having such a tough time.
Sterling

Sterling Heights, MI

#6 Jul 19, 2013
Detroit is having such a tough time from all the corrupt leaders its had the past 30 + years. Its going to be a long time IF it ever bounces back. City went from 2 million residents to 700,000 & it looks like one big rat hole. I had no desire to drive 30 minutes to even see Bon Jovi down there. From what I heard too, it was a short vanilla show, as always.
Nicky

Providence, RI

#7 Jul 19, 2013
Sterling wrote:
Detroit is having such a tough time from all the corrupt leaders its had the past 30 + years. Its going to be a long time IF it ever bounces back. City went from 2 million residents to 700,000 & it looks like one big rat hole. I had no desire to drive 30 minutes to even see Bon Jovi down there. From what I heard too, it was a short vanilla show, as always.
Heard the same but also heard that tico was having problems and had to use an oxygen mask at 1 point and Jon asked him if he was ok and he said no. All just things I've read online, could be completely false.
Jasper

Sydney, Australia

#8 Jul 19, 2013
Nicky wrote:
<quoted text>
Heard the same but also heard that tico was having problems and had to use an oxygen mask at 1 point and Jon asked him if he was ok and he said no. All just things I've read online, could be completely false.
He is fine. Both David Bergman and Matt Bongiovi said that its not true.
Sterling

Sterling Heights, MI

#9 Jul 19, 2013
Well hope Tico is OK but Detroit always does get the crappiest shows of all the U.S. cities.
natyb

Toulouse, France

#10 Jul 19, 2013
Yesterday all French tv news were talking about detroits going bankrupt. They talked about the impressing number of people who left the town and we saw many images of abandonned houses and streets. It was kind of unreal, how can things come that tough, how can a city government nowadays can be enabled to let things getting that down. Some time ago I watched a report on the Spanish situation where in some deep South towns, city employees were not being paid and city services such as lights and garbage collecting were often not provided anylonger. We keep on hearing that through this crisis, the richest ones are getting even more rich....the stock exchange is making even more profit for some..... yesterday French media seemed only concerned whether that could happen or not to, a French town..... that 'larva or slug' kind of president we have down here keep on saying the worse is behind and things are getting better : he is not increasing the taxes of course but he has changed the calculating quota and there are a huge number of people who did not pay income taxes or very little so far and have to pay some more this, year.... he, or his,'normal'(that was what he claimed during the presidential campaign, that he would be a normal president for normal people.......) has changed the quota for students allowances so that many lower middle class families cannot have any help for their kids university studies (and I know what I am talking about....). The other day one member of that 'normal' government was claiming they had increased the taxes on biggest fortunes....but honestly what the highest fortunes have to pay (when they did not manage to make some kind of actions that lessen their taxes) is like a water drop while the lower middle class here is suffering a tsunami in their expenses and taxes....
Sorry for, that long post but I feel so, angry at all that mess worldwide and I am certain detroits situation is not isolated and will be followed by many other towns worldwide.... it is just disgusting how they are fooling us around....
asiorson

Swarzedz, Poland

#11 Jul 20, 2013
here is "prayer" and smiling Tico at the end. Rather Jon was the one who left the stage so quickly:

I guess Tico was saying "awsome" to Jon who wear the white blouse and our creator of the rumor read in it "no no":/
Ace

Littleton, CO

#12 Jul 20, 2013
Packed with no RS.....the final nail of his tenure in Bon Jovi....not needed...adios.
Lucky1

Oceanside, CA

#13 Feb 28, 2014
natyb wrote:
Yesterday all French tv news were talking about detroits going bankrupt. They talked about the impressing number of people who left the town and we saw many images of abandonned houses and streets. It was kind of unreal, how can things come that tough, how can a city government nowadays can be enabled to let things getting that down. Some time ago I watched a report on the Spanish situation where in some deep South towns, city employees

were not being paid and city services such as lights and garbage collecting were often not provided anylonger. We keep on hearing that through this crisis, the richest ones are getting
even more rich....the stock exchange is making
even more profit for some..... yesterday French
media seemed only concerned whether that could happen or not to, a French town..... that 'larva or slug' kind of president we have down here keep on saying the worse is behind and things are getting better : he is not increasing the taxes of

course but he has changed the calculating quota and there are a huge number of people who did not pay income taxes or very little so far and have to pay some more this, year.... he, or his,'normal'(that was what he claimed during the presidential
campaign, that he would be a normal president for normal people.......) has changed the quota for students allowances so that many lower middle class families cannot have any help for their kids university studies (and I know what I am talking
about....). The other day one member of that
'normal' government was claiming they had increased the taxes on biggest fortunes....but honestly what the highest fortunes have to pay (when they did not manage to make some kind of actions that lessen their taxes) is like a water drop while the lower middle class here is suffering a
tsunami in their expenses and taxes....
Sorry for, that long post but I feel so, angry at all that mess worldwide and I am certain detroits situation is not isolated and will be followed by many other towns worldwide.... it is just disgusting how they are fooling us around....
Brilliantly said!!! Agree 100%. Natyb for Pres.!
Rosie57

United States

#14 Mar 8, 2014
I was there. Kind of "packed" there were over 40-50 non used seats in the pit alone.

The people I was sitting next to left half way through. They were not happy at all with Richie not being there.(Don't know how they didn't know...)
My seat was upgraded into the pit from half way up the venue on the side. An extreme upgrade They were trying to pad the house.

. My friend got a ticket from someone who out of principal would not go as Richie was not there. So we both ended up with inner circle pit tickets.Went as a friend wanted to go for her birthday. We decided to go anyway after we knew Richie would not be there.

Phil did fine. He is a good musician in his own right. Jovi is way too tame for him.

The show was okay. Nothing special or different. The set list was predictable. I am not bashing the show just saying it was okay. Not great.
Big mike

Brooklyn, NY

#15 Mar 8, 2014
Kiss forever
Brian Adam

Wixom, MI

#16 Mar 9, 2014
reeder wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks! Will go and read the reviews there. I totally get its not the same without Richie but it bothers me to see a review like that.
They were still a bunch of phony, wop hairpies though, right?
Jim Bon Johnny

Cleveland, OH

#18 Mar 11, 2014
Just keep going to our concerts and buying our albums so we can make a lot of money and buy things!
M Robert

Brooklyn, NY

#19 Mar 11, 2014
Bon Joni stinks

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#20 Mar 11, 2014
bon joVi?
M Robert

Brooklyn, NY

#21 Mar 11, 2014
Educate Yourself wrote:
bon joVi?
anyway you spell it they still stink

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Rouge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Genital Herpes 8 hr Meanie 21
News Detroit's Alice Cooper: 'You just can't shock a... 12 hr Kelly 4
News Truck caught on camera dumping in Detroit 12 hr Kelly 1
Jack Van Impe is dead (Mar '11) 22 hr elmo 477
News Detroit police pay battle heats up Fri Free Kwame 2
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Fri Hiawatha 19,847
Frozen Dog Apr 12 lewws 2
More from around the web

River Rouge People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]