Man charged in porch shooting wants n...

Man charged in porch shooting wants new judge

There are 6 comments on the Northern Michigan News story from Apr 3, 2014, titled Man charged in porch shooting wants new judge. In it, Northern Michigan News reports that:

Lawyers for a Detroit-area man who fatally shot a young, unarmed woman on his porch are asking a rookie judge to step aside and are signaling that the victim's lifestyle should be fair game at a June trial.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Northern Michigan News.

Jodi

Dallas, TX

#1 Apr 3, 2014
He wants a new judge because she has personal and political relationships with prosecutors. If this concept held water, the judge could not participate in any trials. This is a non starter.

Some of Wafer's other defense moves are much more credible. If the defense can cast suspicion that the woman thought she was breaking into a drug house, jurors might, I say might, buy the self defense argument up to about 8%. It still crashes since he opened the door and shot and unarmed person.
Inquiring Mind

Schaumburg, IL

#2 Apr 3, 2014
How could the woman drive there if she was unarmed?
mike

Akron, OH

#3 Apr 4, 2014
If some spook shows up on my porch in the night - I would shoot them as well.
Steve

Columbia, SC

#5 Apr 4, 2014
Only 2% of all felonies even go to trial so this case will be a rarity if it does. Prosecutors thrive on confessions and plea deals. They can't afford to have trials for everybody and too many people would walk away if they did.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#6 Apr 7, 2014
I just want to know what they think he did wrong?
Steve

Columbia, SC

#7 Apr 7, 2014
Poo-Bear wrote:
I just want to know what they think he did wrong?
This will be for the jury to determine the facts of the evidence.
Reports suggest Waverly was safe in his home. Then he opened the door. Then he fired 6'-15' away at an unarmed woman. Maybe the jury will award a gold star.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Rouge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What would be the best way to CLEAN UP DETROIT? (Sep '14) 11 hr ThomasA 195
What Have We Done To Ourselves ? 15 hr TrumpaccusedofChi... 3
Communist Castro Greedy Rich like Trump 16 hr CommieCastroRichL... 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 16 hr south amboy 20,699
Diana 17 hr anonymous 1
News Suspected drunk driver rear-ends school bus Dec 1 Ray 1
News Missing Detroit man has Alzheimer's, dementia Dec 1 former democrat 1

River Rouge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

River Rouge Mortgages