Wendys makes me sick

Oak Park, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2009

On my last visit to Wendy’s on 01-08-2009 I had such an awful experience at the location in Harper Hospital 3990 John R Detroit, Mi that complaining to customer service wasn't enough. I had a late lunch with a friend around 4:00 pm. When we placed our order we were informed that the establishment ran out of medium cups, and we would have to take a large cup half full. I tried explaining to the employee half of the 46 oz large cup would be close to a small 22 oz cup because the medium was a 32 oz cup. I just ordered the large for the sake of keeping the peace. She never asked if our order was for here or to go either.
After placing our order we waited 17 minutes before our order was complete. during the wait a disgruntled customer returned and made a scene with one of the cashiers claiming her teenage daughter was cheated by the cashier giving her the wrong change. While this escapade was escalating the shift manager just stood around looking lost. He had the facial expression of a scared turtle wanting to retreat in his shell for safety. Finally after getting our order in to go bags even though we wanted to dine in. The food was prepared in a very poor standard compared to Dave’s way.
The spicy chicken breast fillet had definitely exceeded its hold time! The meat was old, dried out, and tasteless. The bake potato’s we ordered with cheese sauce was watered down. It appeared someone was trying to cut cost in the restaurant by mixing the cheese sauce with excess water making the sauce flavorless & soupy. The two jr bacon cheese burgers I ordered had undercooked bacon on them which I promptly removed. I usually order the jr cheeseburger deluxe, but this New World Order of Wendy's has discontinued the sandwich. The straw that broke the camel’s back occurred when a loud mouth male employee was walking around the dining room cursing on his cell phone. After that terrible experience I won’t be attending Wendy's anytime soon.
Wendy's has made so many dramatic changes that it conflicts with Dave Thomas "Quality is Our Recipe" pledge. Wendy's was founded by a man with a vision of providing old fashioned hamburgers with high quality ingredients. This New World Order of Wendy's has abandon this way of thinking and replaced it with a corporate bottom line. In the last several years Wendy’s stopped toasting hamburger buns and began microwaving them(this isn’t old fashion?). I have noticed if these buns sit in the warmer too long and served they seem to turn into bagels.
They eliminated the popular Big Bacon Classic ® and replaced it with the Baconator ® a sandwich you would expect to see at Hardees . The Big Bacon Classic ®
was my favorite sandwich too. They have been steadily raising the price of chili over the last 18 months from .99˘ to a $1.69. I find this very strange because the concept of the chili was created to use beef that was over cooked or left over at the end of the night so it wouldn’t be wasted. They don’t seem to have any standards to cooking bacon either. Its displayed as crispy in the ad images but in all actuality its always undercooked & chews like rubber whenever I ordered it.
They discontinued their last line of salads, and replaced those with altered downsized versions. They also serve chili that looks like soup. I have complained to management on several occasions for receiving watered down Chili. The Chili’s container says its suppose to be Rich and Meaty, not soupy and bland. The managers responses are always the same. They have to add water through the day to keep it from getting to thick. That may be true, but don’t open the flood gates of the Hoover dam in the pot. I only listed a few of the major quality issues, but I am sure you readers have your own ideas and opinions about this New World Order of Wendy’s. Thankfully I live near Windsor, On and the Wendy’s in Canada still operate as if Dave Thomas is still around.
Runny

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2009

Judged:

picky,picky,picky,try saying grace before you feed that fat face of yours.....lol

“Seek the Truth First, and Know”

Since: Mar 08

Trenchtown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2009

Judged:

that location does need a quality check.
I've personally chosen to not eat from there unless the other two places to eat are closed, and I don't want what's in the machines in the cafeteria.

have you been to the cafeteria, since they reopened ? it's quite well stocked, even at 3am. much better than harpers' wendys house of horrors
Angel

Clinton Township, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

That Wendy's should be shut down. They have thr most rudest and unprofessional ppl working there that I have ever seen. The only reason why they are still there is because they really don't have much competition so basically everyone is forced to eat there, so that's why their allowed to be so nasty.
anon

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

If you eat at wendys you deserve crap service because you have awful taste and absolutly lack standards. Shut up with your poor reviews of a known bad restaurant.
Kelly

Three Rivers, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

So shut up and go to Mcdonalds
Obskeptic

Farmington, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

Angel wrote:
That Wendy's should be shut down. They have thr most rudest and unprofessional ppl working there that I have ever seen. The only reason why they are still there is because they really don't have much competition so basically everyone is forced to eat there, so that's why their allowed to be so nasty.
So are all those rude employees and unqualified management white?
Shell Bell

Killeen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

Yes they are
Chet Booswahnicki

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Shell Bell wrote:
Yes they are
YOU gotta be kidding.
Tubby

Beaver Dam, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Type of folk that go there you gotta be careful if waiting in line too long or they may start nawing on your arm of leg.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Chet Booswahnicki wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU gotta be kidding.
Yes they're kidding. Have you noticed who's the majority of people working in fast food places now? It takes some serious concentration to flip burgers , get them wrapped , and put in a sack.
Obskeptic

Walled Lake, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>Yes they're kidding. Have you noticed who's the majority of people working in fast food places now? It takes some serious concentration to flip burgers , get them wrapped , and put in a sack.
They're the same kind, considerate and classy folk that have been assaulting the bus drivers that pick them up to take them to the "job". At least when one of their classy customers call 911 because they are out of chicken nuggets, the EMT staff are close at hand.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

River Rouge Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

River Rouge People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••