Young African American men are not on...

Young African American men are not only part of Detroit's turnaround, they are the key to it

There are 68 comments on the Detroit Free Press story from Mar 9, 2014, titled Young African American men are not only part of Detroit's turnaround, they are the key to it. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

We have been called to act. Young black males in America are in trouble, and President Barack Obama's recently unveiled My Brother's Keeper initiative -- as well as a tandem philanthropic-sector effort -- to offer help.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Nov 11

Taylor, MI

#68 Mar 25, 2014
Jim Crow wrote:
<quoted text>How's that working out for you Leroy ? Not knowing who your father is, A fifteen year old sister with two kids. Yea you all be reproducing alright. Raising A family takes more effort and effort is in short supply in the African culture. Happy Father's Day.
That wasn't the point of the post. Being born out of wedlock is not a guarantee of failure inasmuch as being born in wedlock a guarantee of success. But I will say that having two responsible parents at home helps a child tremendously. And I will also say that that has been a big problem in the black community. But I place much blame for that on LBJ'S welfare policies which encouraged absentee father's in the black community.
mike

Akron, OH

#69 Mar 26, 2014
LBJ's policies never 'encouraged' anyone in my family or any of my friends to have a child out or wedlock.

Quit shifting the blame.
Jim Jones

Edmonton, Canada

#70 Mar 26, 2014
Kallark27 wrote:
<quoted text>
That wasn't the point of the post. Being born out of wedlock is not a guarantee of failure inasmuch as being born in wedlock a guarantee of success. But I will say that having two responsible parents at home helps a child tremendously. And I will also say that that has been a big problem in the black community. But I place much blame for that on LBJ'S welfare policies which encouraged absentee father's in the black community.
I totally agree. We need to stop all black welfare for the good of the nation. Start at the top and make the Obamas pay for their own vacations.

Since: Nov 11

Charlotte, MI

#71 Mar 26, 2014
Jim Jones wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree. We need to stop all black welfare for the good of the nation. Start at the top and make the Obamas pay for their own vacations.
This is probably one of the dumbest statements I have ever read. You should probably have your head examined since you clearly have issues.
Runs with Scissors

Fairfield, CA

#72 Mar 27, 2014
I would hate to be black and poor. You have to rob and steal to eat. You don't own any homes and if you do its not worth anything to anyone. Very sad, very sad, poor blacks.

“AFRO beauty”

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#74 Apr 2, 2014
Jim Crow wrote:
<quoted text>How's that working out for you Leroy ? Not knowing who your father is, A fifteen year old sister with two kids. Yea you all be reproducing alright. Raising A family takes more effort and effort is in short supply in the African culture. Happy Father's Day.
just stay mad because we WILL reproduce.

“AFRO beauty”

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#75 Apr 2, 2014
Kallark27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Another way they have marginalized our family is through economics. oppressing our men's ability to provide for their families is really the crux of the break down of our families ability to thrive.

Lyndon B, Johnson even acknowledged this during his speech at a popular college. can't remember which one.... think it was Howard University.
reality is a crutch

Nashua, NH

#76 Apr 2, 2014
Kallark27 wrote:
<quoted text>
And as I told you, find out yourself. Oh I forgot, you really don't care. Cut the crap. Stop lying to yourself. If you were genuinely interested you would do your own research and you know it. Cut the crap. Google is your friend.
with your attitude we, you & I will never be even you will always be behind the curve because of your attitudes.

harbor no ill will to any peoples. grounded in reality I see the way peoples live an see some are doomed to failure because of inbred hate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Rouge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Miss you (Jun '15) Wed Worried mom 3
Looking for Jerry Renfro Tue nomorearabslave 6
we have an arab housekeeper Tue nomorearabslave 1
iamallah Tue mahhamadswhore 1
News Supreme Court declines appeal request from ex-D... Jun 27 Summer Friend 1
Do u think David J Banaszak sucks cock in Gaylo... Jun 26 Anonymous 1
News Obama reduces sentence of Detroit-area man with... Jun 12 Cordwainer Trout 10

River Rouge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

River Rouge Mortgages