Chrysler CEO: Sales of new Dart fall ...

Chrysler CEO: Sales of new Dart fall short

There are 9 comments on the The State story from Jan 14, 2013, titled Chrysler CEO: Sales of new Dart fall short. In it, The State reports that:

And the company's CEO says that fact is holding back sales of Chrysler's first innovative small car in years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The State.

Snot

Romulus, MI

#1 Jan 14, 2013
There's a FLOOD of economy cars now and the only pizazzz is to have one that has a turbo under the hood like Chevy's do !
Pete

Livonia, MI

#2 Jan 14, 2013
This from their Consumer Reports:
"I think in Europe they kind of forgive it," said Fisher, who added that the transmission shifts like "someone who's not driving a manual transmission very well."

Fix It Again Tony.
WTFwiththat

Pittsburgh, PA

#3 Feb 18, 2013
Pete wrote:
This from their Consumer Reports:
"I think in Europe they kind of forgive it," said Fisher, who added that the transmission shifts like "someone who's not driving a manual transmission very well."
Fix It Again Tony.
Peter, you need to get back in your pants, your looking a little limp...lol
Pete

Livonia, MI

#4 Feb 18, 2013
WTFwiththat wrote:
<quoted text>
Peter, you need to get back in your pants, your looking a little limp...lol
This is Detroit. "Pants on the ground, pants on the ground......"
RelicsOnTheShelf

Pottstown, PA

#5 Mar 22, 2013
Dodge: the old bankrupt and bought out/soldout Chrysler.

Our local Dodge Dealerships are nothing but throw back used car lots using high pressure and ignorant sales tactics that shouldn't even exist in this day and age. They are also incompetent sales people failing at customer service, courtesy and methods & tactics.

They also fail to sell the product first ie the CAR itself. My last trip into the local Dodge dealer they spent more time begging me, hounding me and/or trying to manipulate me into to their financing plans before we even looked at one car. The salesman avoided the price and features of the actual product:THE CAR and instead brought over his manager(over used and tiresum car selling tactic) to convince me to finance. To top it off I would be turning my old Dodge and if they checked they would've saw I was a decades long Mopar/Chrysler customer.

What a fracken joke the old big three ESPECIALLY Dodge/Chrysler or Fiat has become BUT it shows why they have failed miserably over the DECADES. Darn right their sales are falling short and they are comparing to crappy sale numbers to begin with.
Pete

Livonia, MI

#6 Mar 22, 2013
RelicsOnTheShelf wrote:
Dodge: the old bankrupt and bought out/soldout Chrysler.
Our local Dodge Dealerships are nothing but throw back used car lots using high pressure and ignorant sales tactics that shouldn't even exist in this day and age. They are also incompetent sales people failing at customer service, courtesy and methods & tactics.
They also fail to sell the product first ie the CAR itself. My last trip into the local Dodge dealer they spent more time begging me, hounding me and/or trying to manipulate me into to their financing plans before we even looked at one car. The salesman avoided the price and features of the actual product:THE CAR and instead brought over his manager(over used and tiresum car selling tactic) to convince me to finance. To top it off I would be turning my old Dodge and if they checked they would've saw I was a decades long Mopar/Chrysler customer.
What a fracken joke the old big three ESPECIALLY Dodge/Chrysler or Fiat has become BUT it shows why they have failed miserably over the DECADES. Darn right their sales are falling short and they are comparing to crappy sale numbers to begin with.
For all their shortcomings, Chrysler made $436 million in the second quarter to save Fiat from going under. They own more than 11% of the market, which is huge for them. If they don't treat people with respect in the showroom, this is the town for them. It's working for them. Chrysler has long been the quality underdog. Those K cars were crappy. The minivans burned transmissions regularly. Somehow, price and warranty got people to buy. I do not understand it or endorse it. I drive GM.
RelicsOnTheShelf

Pottstown, PA

#7 Mar 22, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
For all their shortcomings, Chrysler made $436 million in the second quarter to save Fiat from going under. They own more than 11% of the market, which is huge for them. If they don't treat people with respect in the showroom, this is the town for them. It's working for them. Chrysler has long been the quality underdog. Those K cars were crappy. The minivans burned transmissions regularly. Somehow, price and warranty got people to buy. I do not understand it or endorse it. I drive GM.
I don't understand the business model that basically puts the dealers, the manufacturers and the customers at odds with each other. It's a game of cut throat where frequently nobody wins. They're using the same business model that sank 2 of the big 3 and female dog slapped Chyrsler several times in one decade. We'll ignore the embarassing humiliation of begging for money in the 80s.
Dodger

Pittsburgh, PA

#8 May 15, 2013
RelicsOnTheShelf wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand the business model that basically puts the dealers, the manufacturers and the customers at odds with each other. It's a game of cut throat where frequently nobody wins. They're using the same business model that sank 2 of the big 3 and female dog slapped Chyrsler several times in one decade. We'll ignore the embarassing humiliation of begging for money in the 80s.
People like you pick on Chrysler because you drive inferior foreign junk...lol..
If you can't say anything nice,..then stuff it..
RelicsOnTheShelf

Pottstown, PA

#9 Jun 13, 2013
Dodger wrote:
<quoted text>
People like you pick on Chrysler because you drive inferior foreign junk...lol..
If you can't say anything nice,..then stuff it..
Wrong answer Chrysler probably work there defender. YOU are ASSuming you know what I drive. Chrysler and other American car manufactures have MANY problems including car quality and the franchise/dealer system.

Chrysler's brand new baby, the Dart is not only over priced and not selling here but have quality problems already.

http://www.thecarconnection.com/news/1084775_...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Rouge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 48 Hours: Best things to do in Metro Detroit 6 hr ThomasA 2
Ak steel contract negotianons Wed did they 3
is dearborn heights safe ?? (Dec '11) Wed WATCHING LIVONIA 14
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Jun 19 Fitus T Bluster 20,945
Why Trumps have so much Plastic Surgery? Jun 19 ThomasA 2
News 'Meet Your Muslim Neighbor' (Oct '09) Jun 18 Here boy 1,122
News Michigan lawmaker proposes bill banning Sharia Law Jun 18 Muzzie confusion 12

River Rouge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

River Rouge Mortgages