Dearborn Heights Police issue enough tickets to bail out Auto Industry

Posted in the River Rouge Forum

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Live near DH

Inkster, MI

#1 Nov 26, 2008
I come from a family full of Police Officers. They have a difficult job that most people are unwilling to do and the first to criticise. But, If anyone thinks that it's normal for a city the size of DH to issue 49,000 traffic violations in one year(2007) thats crazy. The neighboring community of Dearborn only issued 20,000 in the same year. It must be something about driving past telegraph that makes drivers go wild. I'm not talking about speeding or running red lights. I'm talking about sitting in one spot and writing 25 cars for not comming to a complete stop. Then the officers explian how to go in and avoid points on your record. They do this out of guilt for writing a ticket to someone that was not endagering a soul. I don't know if the officers do it for extra pay or they are directed to by their superiors but I USED TO do 90% of my shopping and dining out in DH. I bet that construction on Telegraph north of Ford all but paid for the shinny new Police HQ where everyone can go donate. So if any of you DH residents happen to get a ticket for a dangerous offence like rolling thru a stop sign at .05 MPH just see the Magistrate and you won't get any points on your driving record. Oh but the fine is an extra $40.
Anon

United States

#2 Nov 29, 2008
Live near DH wrote:
I come from a family full of Police Officers. They have a difficult job that most people are unwilling to do and the first to criticise. But, If anyone thinks that it's normal for a city the size of DH to issue 49,000 traffic violations in one year(2007) thats crazy. The neighboring community of Dearborn only issued 20,000 in the same year. It must be something about driving past telegraph that makes drivers go wild. I'm not talking about speeding or running red lights. I'm talking about sitting in one spot and writing 25 cars for not comming to a complete stop. Then the officers explian how to go in and avoid points on your record. They do this out of guilt for writing a ticket to someone that was not endagering a soul. I don't know if the officers do it for extra pay or they are directed to by their superiors but I USED TO do 90% of my shopping and dining out in DH. I bet that construction on Telegraph north of Ford all but paid for the shinny new Police HQ where everyone can go donate. So if any of you DH residents happen to get a ticket for a dangerous offence like rolling thru a stop sign at .05 MPH just see the Magistrate and you won't get any points on your driving record. Oh but the fine is an extra $40.
Act like a grown up and take responsability for your actions! You only get a ticket if you are breaking the law! And yes running a stop sign is against the law.
a wish

AOL

#4 Nov 29, 2008
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Act like a grown up and take responsability for your actions! You only get a ticket if you are breaking the law! And yes running a stop sign is against the law.
You have issues. I hope your tires go flat and your hair frizzes !!

Since: Nov 08

Canton, MI

#5 Nov 30, 2008
I recently recieved a "Red Light" ticket but feel it was unfair. The lights float near Beech & Mi Ave. I did what everyone does, entered intersection as it turned yellow, cleared before red, but got nailed anyway. The officer gave an unclear & vague account that "a car" failed to stop at the red light. He stated later that he gave me a break with a "Very Minor Ticket". I looked at it more closely and it is a whopping 3pt "Red Light". Very unfair. Does DH magistrate work with that?
Anon

United States

#6 Dec 1, 2008
Robdog1964 wrote:
I recently recieved a "Red Light" ticket but feel it was unfair. The lights float near Beech & Mi Ave. I did what everyone does, entered intersection as it turned yellow, cleared before red, but got nailed anyway. The officer gave an unclear & vague account that "a car" failed to stop at the red light. He stated later that he gave me a break with a "Very Minor Ticket". I looked at it more closely and it is a whopping 3pt "Red Light". Very unfair. Does DH magistrate work with that?
If you talk to the magistrate they will work with you. Also just because everyone else does it, is not a good excuse. You have to try to stop if the light is yellow not speed up to make it through before it turns red.
Hmmm

Auburn Hills, MI

#7 Dec 9, 2008
I have lived in Dbn Hts for 10 yrs now, and in the area for 15 yrs. I have never even been pulled over, and yes I drive on Telegraph several times a week. Must be because I am white...or is it because I obey the traffic laws?
NCK

Dearborn, MI

#8 Dec 23, 2008
Live near DH wrote:
Hello, i do agree with you. I recieved two when i was stopped at both times, and went and fought them but it doesnt matter they reduced them to impeading traffic. All they want it the money they do not care if you get points or not. But by the way the officer did tell me to lie to the magistrate and tell them ive never got a ticket before so i do not get any points. It seems odd to me that if they felt that bad about giving me a ticket they should have just not even bothered. Dearborn Heights is a complete trap into cops and all they want it money to pay of the new station!
Anon

United States

#9 Dec 24, 2008
NCK wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, i do agree with you. I recieved two when i was stopped at both times, and went and fought them but it doesnt matter they reduced them to impeading traffic. All they want it the money they do not care if you get points or not. But by the way the officer did tell me to lie to the magistrate and tell them ive never got a ticket before so i do not get any points. It seems odd to me that if they felt that bad about giving me a ticket they should have just not even bothered. Dearborn Heights is a complete trap into cops and all they want it money to pay of the new station!
God you people are crazy. If you do not know what you are talking about then you should keep your mouth shut. The money from tickets does not go to the new station, the station was paid for by grants.
Frustrated - Dearborn

Dearborn, MI

#10 Dec 30, 2008
I live in Dearborn. There is truth in these statements. I have been watching Dearborn Heights police give tickets on Ford Road and Gully since May 2007. I received one myself. I was shocked when it was finally my turn. I did not run a red light. At first the officer said that he wrote down that I said that I went through a yellow. Then he said that he wrote down that I said I went through a green. I protested that I did not say either. My comments were,“you are kidding, I have been wondering what you guys have been doing”. He then told me that it was no big deal, that I could just pay a fine for impeding traffic and that it would not go on my record. This has been eating at me for a month now. Every time I come home there is someone pulled over by one of my side streets. They impede (the police) traffic, and then they run stop signs through Dearborn to get back to their hiding spot in the Heights! The tactics of the Dearborn Heights Police are criminal. I wish someone could investigate this and put a stop to them ticketing people unfairly. Since receiving my ticket I have found that several neighbors also received one, all for the same thing and with a similar story. One day I walked out from getting my hair cut and my car was blocked by an officer giving a ticket to someone else. The officer asked if I wanted something. I just responded,“No, I just want to talk to her when you are done” Her story was the same as mine. This is legalized extortion! As a citizen I will respect the badge, but don’t ask me for support. Next time DH Police tap on my window for a donation, or call me for support, I will tell you that you already received my check!
Frustrated, Dearborn
Anon

United States

#11 Dec 30, 2008
Frustrated - Dearborn wrote:
I live in Dearborn. There is truth in these statements. I have been watching Dearborn Heights police give tickets on Ford Road and Gully since May 2007. I received one myself. I was shocked when it was finally my turn. I did not run a red light. At first the officer said that he wrote down that I said that I went through a yellow. Then he said that he wrote down that I said I went through a green. I protested that I did not say either. My comments were,“you are kidding, I have been wondering what you guys have been doing”. He then told me that it was no big deal, that I could just pay a fine for impeding traffic and that it would not go on my record. This has been eating at me for a month now. Every time I come home there is someone pulled over by one of my side streets. They impede (the police) traffic, and then they run stop signs through Dearborn to get back to their hiding spot in the Heights! The tactics of the Dearborn Heights Police are criminal. I wish someone could investigate this and put a stop to them ticketing people unfairly. Since receiving my ticket I have found that several neighbors also received one, all for the same thing and with a similar story. One day I walked out from getting my hair cut and my car was blocked by an officer giving a ticket to someone else. The officer asked if I wanted something. I just responded,“No, I just want to talk to her when you are done” Her story was the same as mine. This is legalized extortion! As a citizen I will respect the badge, but don’t ask me for support. Next time DH Police tap on my window for a donation, or call me for support, I will tell you that you already received my check!
Frustrated, Dearborn
I have to drive home down Gulley everyday and everyday I see someone run the light at Ford Rd. If the light is yellow you need to stop. Dearborn Heights has had a drop in fatal accident since they started giving out more traffic ticket because people pay attention to how they drive. It is for your safety and mine. So quit cry about it and don't drive like an idiot.
Frustrated - Dearborn

Dearborn, MI

#12 Dec 30, 2008
I am not crying - I have been wrongfully accused. This is my only ticket in 30 plus years of driving. I too no longer shop in the Height's - Not because of anger - because of fear - if they wrongfully ticketed me once - They will do it again. I will do my best to stay out of their traps.
KIG

Oak Park, MI

#13 Jan 1, 2009
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
TRY OFFICER GREEN AND INKSTER POLICE CROOKED I

Since: Jul 08

Dearborn, MI

#14 Jan 3, 2009
I have lived in DBN HGTS most of my life and have never recieved a ticket. Although I have my own issues with the PD and their incompetence in other areas, I do agree with the ticket issuing. I have a 12 year old that rides his bike and roller blades thru the neighborhood and he should feel free to do that without the speeding on the sidestreets. I also may not agree with alot of officers unprofessionalism but I do beleive that they are doing their job when it comes to ticket writing.
Depressed N Dbn Hts

Dearborn, MI

#15 Jan 10, 2009
Live near DH wrote:
Meanwhile...houses are getting broken into..
I say, put down the damn radar gun and do your REAL job..protecting citizens !!
Oh by the way..how else are they gonna pay for that huge new police station?!?!
Its all about the Benjamins BABY !!
Depressed N Dbn Hts

Dearborn, MI

#16 Jan 10, 2009
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
God you people are crazy. If you do not know what you are talking about then you should keep your mouth shut. The money from tickets does not go to the new station, the station was paid for by grants.
And you know this how??? Let me guess, you work for the city?!? OK even if the new station was paid for with grants..then where is all the money going? My house is worth half as much as it was 5 years ago yet my taxes have not gone down !
F'ing leaches !
Anon

United States

#17 Jan 12, 2009
Depressed N Dbn Hts wrote:
<quoted text>
And you know this how??? Let me guess, you work for the city?!? OK even if the new station was paid for with grants..then where is all the money going? My house is worth half as much as it was 5 years ago yet my taxes have not gone down !
F'ing leaches !
No I do not work for the city.
Join the club everyone property value is down. You are not special.

Since: Apr 08

Dearborn, MI

#19 Jan 16, 2009
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
No I do not work for the city.
Join the club everyone property value is down. You are not special.
Stupid Bith. How do you know he is not special? I know one thing. He is a lot nicer then you. Smarter too.

Since: Apr 08

Dearborn, MI

#20 Jan 16, 2009
Depressed N Dbn Hts wrote:
<quoted text>
F'ing leaches !
Dont let that mule Annon upset you. She is just a groupie cop bitch. She will defend them no matter how wrong they are.
Anon

United States

#21 Jan 16, 2009
Jason Dearborn Heights wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont let that mule Annon upset you. She is just a groupie cop bitch. She will defend them no matter how wrong they are.
You are exactly what is wrong with this country! You have no respect for others and you spew hate. GROW UP!
JHTGOODFELLA

Dearborn, MI

#23 Jan 22, 2009
Live near DH wrote:
I AGREE TODAY 01/22/09 I GOT A TICKET ON BEDFORD AND ANNAPOLIS THE OFFICER TELLS ME TO CALL THE COURT SINCE MY LICENSE IS IN GOOD SHAPE AND THAT SOMETHING COULD BE WORK OUT TO KEEP THE POINTS OFF THIS IS TRUE I WAS STOP A YEAR AGO FOR SPEEDING ON NORTH TELEGRAPH AT 5 AM NOBODY WAS OUT ON THE ROAD ACCEPT MR. TICKET MAN I GOT A TICKET FOR FIVE OVER AND THAN I WROTE TO THE COURT ADMITTING MY GUILT TO ASK FOR I'LL PAY FOR THE TICKET AS LONG AS THE POINTS COME OFF MY LICENSE THE TICKET WENT FROM 110.00 TO 200.00 . I PLAN ON DOING THE SAME DH YOU GUYS ARE THE CROOKS NOT THE THUGS BEHIND BARS . WAIT UNTIL SCOTT LEWIS GETS A PIECE OF THIS INFORMATION .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Rouge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 hr Go go dancer 19,490
Beard Street (Mar '11) 5 hr Tttttttttt 4
Man shot, robbed at bus station in Detroit 7 hr Steve 1
No Gold Cup races on Detroit River in 2015 8 hr Steve 1
Vigil for Michael Brown at Detroit federal court 9 hr Steve 3
My mom and I are having sex 19 hr Meanie 9
Residents Say Scrappers Woke Them Up After Apar... Thu Pope Francis 1
River Rouge Dating
Find my Match

River Rouge People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

River Rouge News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in River Rouge