What Would You Do To Fix The Blight P...

What Would You Do To Fix The Blight Problem In Detroit?

Posted in the River Rouge Forum

Since: Jul 13

Taylor, MI

#1 Oct 18, 2013
What are some suggestions or ideas that you have in fixing the Blight problem in Detroit? What will it take to do so?
Pete

Livonia, MI

#2 Oct 18, 2013
When the inhabitants drive down the street throwing fast food wrappers and bottles out the window, there simply is no cure.

Give a man a fish he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.

Except Detroiters.

Then they will just expect everyone to give them more free fish.
cee

Teaneck, NJ

#3 Oct 18, 2013
Gentrification might just do it. Is that what it takes?

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#4 Oct 18, 2013
Pete I believe there is always a cure. There simply are not enough resources, be it financial or human agencies to accommodate the cure. The scrupulous litering of a MacDonalds wrapper, bag, cup or all the above I could probably tolerate, but it's the illegal dumping from those who live outside of Detroit. These ones bring their garbage to not only abandoned houses, but they dump their garbage into large pockets of abandoned areas in Detroit that have thick overbrush or overgrowth of weeds, grass, bushes, and trees.

Possibly, using that 250,000,000 dollars to level, clear away, and maintain a decent height on the landscape could be a starting point.

However, Something higher than humans will need to take control of things, because humans have miserably failed over and over.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#5 Oct 18, 2013
Gentrifiction, is another form of bullying.
Truth Facts

Chillicothe, OH

#6 Oct 21, 2013
ragus wrote:
Pete I believe there is always a cure. There simply are not enough resources, be it financial or human agencies to accommodate the cure. The scrupulous litering of a MacDonalds wrapper, bag, cup or all the above I could probably tolerate, but it's the illegal dumping from those who live outside of Detroit. These ones bring their garbage to not only abandoned houses, but they dump their garbage into large pockets of abandoned areas in Detroit that have thick overbrush or overgrowth of weeds, grass, bushes, and trees.
Possibly, using that 250,000,000 dollars to level, clear away, and maintain a decent height on the landscape could be a starting point.
However, Something higher than humans will need to take control of things, because humans have miserably failed over and over.
Well first off get rid of the demoncrats that have ruined detroit oh wait that's the remainder of the 700 thousand people left in the town geez I'm all out of sympathy here.
ccc

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Nov 3, 2013
Get rid of the blacks oh im sorry African Americans hahahaha
A Newman

Livonia, MI

#9 Nov 3, 2013
Encourage everyone to wear welder's goggles.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Rouge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Mexico 21,186
News A concise history of Detroit public transit 12 hr Team Kelly 1
News Group erects tent city for Detroit homeless Thu WATCHING LIVONIA 2
end child slave labor Thu WATCHING LIVONIA 4
Review: Alexis Realty Solutions LLC (Jul '09) Thu Jrm 20
Hello Thu Team Kelly 2
New Republican Graham-Cassidy TrumpCare Worse Thu WATCHING LIVONIA 3

River Rouge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

River Rouge Mortgages