Kilpatrick gets new lawyer, says rela...

Kilpatrick gets new lawyer, says relationship with previous attorney destroyed

There are 3 comments on the Detroit News story from May 23, 2013, titled Kilpatrick gets new lawyer, says relationship with previous attorney destroyed. In it, Detroit News reports that:

Former Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick dropped his taxpayer-funded lawyer Thursday, saying their relationship was destroyed, in a move that will delay his sentencing in the City Hall corruption case.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit News.

kev

Toledo, OH

#1 May 25, 2013
Kwame.have u ever taken responsibility fer your illegal behavior and actions? Mature individuals do!
Kelly

Meridian, MS

#2 May 26, 2013
Isn't that the norm? Kwame has destroyed his own life so is taking as many people down with him as he can.
Pete

Livonia, MI

#3 May 26, 2013
Everybody has rights in this country, including prisoners awaiting sentencing. Kwame is only doing what any astute individual would do in the circumstance.

There was a conflict of interest with attorney Thomas. That was one of the grounds used for the appeal. It would negate your case to keep the same attorney representing you in your appeal concerning that attorney. Therefore, a new attorney is required.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Rouge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
stop skewing me out of sex 4 min cedric alias cocaine 2
News Group erects tent city for Detroit homeless 5 hr ThomasA 3
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 hr Madd 21,199
News Gas prices continue to fall in metro Detroit 16 hr SUPERTROOPER 2
don`t buy from rhino associates (Nov '08) 21 hr Detroiter 53
News A concise history of Detroit public transit Sep 23 Faith 2
end child slave labor Sep 21 WATCHING LIVONIA 4

River Rouge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

River Rouge Mortgages