Detroit's decline

Detroit's decline

There are 7 comments on the daily-jeff.com story from Mar 19, 2013, titled Detroit's decline. In it, daily-jeff.com reports that:

Since the Motown sound went silent -- except on oldies stations -- and General Motors and Chrysler required life support from Washington, there has been little to recommend Detroit, Mich., to visitors, much less its residents.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at daily-jeff.com.

Skeeter

Romulus, MI

#1 Mar 20, 2013
I was on court today Frank Murphy and people are styling around in fancy new rides like me and neon lites are every where plus people are wearing nice clothes, women all around are happy and cheerful and seen to want to be close to me.....A very wonderful experience all around town today .
Pete

Livonia, MI

#2 Mar 20, 2013
Skeeter wrote:
I was on court today Frank Murphy and people are styling around in fancy new rides like me and neon lites are every where plus people are wearing nice clothes, women all around are happy and cheerful and seen to want to be close to me.....A very wonderful experience all around town today .
If people want to be that "close" to you, maybe you are sending out the wrong vibes.

Did you remember not to bring anything prohibited? The list is really extensive there.
Skeeter

Romulus, MI

#3 Mar 21, 2013
Warning ;
The courts in the city have people that are wrapped too tight, avoid at all cost !
Colonel Klink

Germany

#4 Mar 21, 2013
Skeeter wrote:
Warning ;
The courts in the city have people that are wrapped too tight, avoid at all cost !
Pay up or drive without a license. We pick you up, off to Langstrafenanstalt.
Him

Roseland, NJ

#5 Mar 24, 2013
Detroits decline is due to liberal white n()gger lovers, n()ggers and unions.

FCKuDETROIT
RelicsOnTheShelf

Bryn Mawr, PA

#6 Jun 11, 2013
Detriot's or the auto industry's decline is as much about the franchise or dealer system they use as anything. Besides their self serving over priced service departments the auto industry still suffers through from the franchise system and high pressure commission sales.

They not only hire and use ignorant sales people they fail to train them on customer service and customer respect. There are sales people that berate you or throw tantrums if you don't buy. There are ignorant sales people that don't respect their own company or the product they are selling by mistreating it. Had one sales person drop the engine from it's highest position when raised, how dare I the customer ask to see what's under the hood, fu female dog sales lady. Then there are sales people that want to falsify documentation so they can get the sale WHEN they want it-oh I need this sale to count this day.

Setting the product aside Detriot got screwed in many many out of state franchises or by dealers. Very poor ambasadors for their product.
benselys thoughts

Nashua, NH

#7 Jun 12, 2013
Decline of Detroit and the auto industry was brought on by ego driven top down mismanagement style that ignored the reality of the market place and the caliber of the people living in the city.

The failure of the auto companies began in the late 70's as the fuel shortages began in this country.

Drivers were tired of poor quality gas guzzlers produced in Detroit and began to purchase lease and drive smaller less expensive , more reliable in most cases autos built over seas.

GM and Chrysler just buried their heads in the sand , ignored the ever increasing numbers of foreign auto in their own parking lots and just kept designing and building the cars they wanted to sell, ignoring what the customers wanted to buy.

The failure of the city was best summed up in that text book used in Harvard business classes back in the 70's The Peter principal".

The described how well meaning but usually unqualified people get promoted, elected, or somehow rise to a position in business or government for which they are unqualified,
untrained for, not able to manage and they fail in that new position which calls for skill sets or knowledge data base they just never acquired.

Our present administration in Washington and the city of Detroit are taken right out of the pages of that book.

Read the book and you too can predict the failure of GM on the horizon. The same tired old GM mismanagers in key offices , plus unions who never manage anything successfully and government which can't manage the things they have taken on today and know nothing about building autos or managing a business successfully on budget on market target.

with these three amigos in charge there is not a bright or long future for GM.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Rouge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Body of woman in her 60s found in middle of Det... 10 hr Missing Persons Club 1
Michigan national bank 18 hr stopstalkingmepet... 1
GANGSTALKED IN DETROIT: A must read! infiltrati... 19 hr stopstalkingmepet... 1
Rexella Van Impe's 15 facelifts a SIN (Jul '13) Mon Paul T 57
For or against closing strip clubs in Detroit Mon Missing Persons Club 5
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Mon Oh well 20,085
News Report declares Detroit relatively vermin-free Mon Missing Persons Club 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

River Rouge Mortgages