Nation of Islam's Louis Farrakhan wan...

Nation of Islam's Louis Farrakhan wants to rebuild Detroit; he'll meet City Council, speak at church

There are 801 comments on the MLive.com story from May 15, 2013, titled Nation of Islam's Louis Farrakhan wants to rebuild Detroit; he'll meet City Council, speak at church. In it, MLive.com reports that:

Minister Louis Farrakhan, leader of The Nation of Islam, is expected to be in Detroit this week to meet Detroit City Council Members and speak at Fellowship Chapel on the city's west side.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MLive.com.

Seeker

Lowell, MA

#169 May 21, 2013
Sinajuavi wrote:
<quoted text>
You're naive about the role of corporations in pushing what THEY want people to buy. It's not all about demand. That is the lie they tell.
Didn't I tell you that I used to work for an Advertising Agency? At most, they will trick people to prefer THEIR brand over another, but why tell people what they like when you can just find out what they like and sell that to them?
Sinajuavi wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you familiar with the play “USA” by John Dos Passos? That explains this dynamic very well.
Why are people in such desperation that they'd spend their food stamps on alcohol? Again, look for root causes, structural explanations. Blaming a person for their motivations without examining their experiences and options misses the entire point.
It's poverty due to past disadvantages. I never spoke about the reasons, I only spoke about what is true. You are now trying to change the discussion into the reasons for this.
Sinajuavi wrote:
<quoted text>
That is my argument here,
And that was NOT my argument. All I said is that it is nonsense to claim that drug dealing never originated in the Black community. So if you are now trying to tell me all of the reasons why this happened, then you have already agreed with my initial point.
Sinajuavi wrote:
<quoted text>
rather than addressing every aspect of dysunctional behavior, I say we look at the social structure in which that behavior manifests.
White people fled because, first, they were racist, and secondly because the black population WAS to a large extent poor and dysfunctional,
And who wants to be forced to live next to dysfunctional people?
Sinajuavi wrote:
<quoted text>
and again, WHY is that? 100 years of Jim Crow have anything to do with it, do you think?
Sure it does.
Sinajuavi wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at poor white rural areas. Not pretty. And the causes are largely the same as for the black inner city.
Haven't I continually said that it all comes down to education? What part didn't you understand?
Sinajuavi wrote:
<quoted text>
Music industry will not play positive hiphop.
Run DMC was the first popular rap band that led the way for others, so you are wrong about that as well.
Sinajuavi wrote:
<quoted text>
They encourage the dysfunction, and again, there is a white counterpart. HEAVY METAL!!! Goddam suicide rock, a lot of it.
So I guess that's all a conspiracy of white devils also where they tricked people into liking that. See how your argument falls apart?
Sinajuavi wrote:
<quoted text>
You want to blame blacks for their crap... so whom do you blame for Death metal?
The authors who create it and the people who buy it.
Sinajuavi wrote:
<quoted text>
Self-serving? No, the guy whose story I got regarding the Panthers said nothing that didn't fit with all the other pieces of the puzzle.
And who is writing this puzzle for you?
Sinajuavi wrote:
<quoted text>
I have multiple sources for that.
Go on Youtube and search for Bobby Seale, then listen to him speak. He is STILL right on politically and there is nothing in his positions which would lead to what happened... and then are you going to claim the BPP are responsible for the NOI members attacking them in the streets? For the Police and govt killing them? Do you know who Fred Hampton was? Check him out.
The Black Panthers has a very revolutionary, anti white stance. Did they have great jobs or something? So where did they get the money from to keep their organization going? Same place that Hell's Angels got there's. Did the FBI force Hell's Angels to sell drugs as well? Your entire argument is complete nonsense. And you teach?? Is this what you are teaching kids? I would never want to pay a dime for you to teach my kids or anybody else's kids. It's alarming to think that people such as yourself are teaching others.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#170 May 21, 2013
Sinajuavi wrote:
<quoted text>
The highschools are teaching black history rather than math and science? Where is this?.
I should people shoud be reading about other things than black history if they want to do some practical good for themselves
Sinajuavi wrote:
<quoted text>
And is black history any less valuable than any other history? What's the matter, did you fail history class? Bitter?
I was forced to take a Black History class at Rutgers University 30 YEARS ago. It was a requirement no matter what major you were, while other history classes were not required. And in retrospect, it was a good class to take and a very very easy A that helped my GPA. Never did a lick of good for me since.
Sinajuavi wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you been around an inner-city school? I was a schoolteacher in Watts, California. The schools in the inner city are inadequate. I tried like hell to overcome the shortcomings of the SYSTEM, and while I can claim some success with some students, I could not change the way things were structurally and institutionally.
I have a friend of mine who taught in an inner city school system and she said she finally gave up. First problem was that she was white. Second problem is that the kids always had their own conversations and continually tried to talk over her or louder than her. The third and biggest problem is that when she would try to meet with parents to discuss potential problems with their kids, she was always attacked as the bad guy by the parents and their kids never did anything wrong. It's all about the parents and without parental support, there is nothing that can be done.
Sinajuavi wrote:
<quoted text>
You're so busy snickering over your perception that everything is the fault of black people (which reveals that you are a racist, therefore subhuman scum) that you can't bother looking at things analytically.
It wasn't always their fault at all, but it most certainly IS today.
Sinajuavi wrote:
<quoted text>
Individuals live within a social structure, a matrix of choices and options which is not created by the individual. The individual can be blamed for bad choices, but if the structure changes, the options change, and the results change.
Much of that has been attempted and it all failed. Ever hear of busing? None of this will ever succeed unless the parents get on board, but you can't get them to do that because often they are even more ignorant than their kids are.

Again, how do immigrant Asians and Indians do so well? Because their parents believe so strongly in education. Bill Cosby is right, and you are yet another hindrance to black people by offering them any excuse that they want. And they will continue to use these as long as people such as yourself are continually willing to offer them.

Sinajuavi

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#171 May 21, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, you can use any rarely used words that you would like. I have no idea what good they will do for you or anybody else, but you can speak however you prefer. But don't think that many are going to think you are any more intelligent for doing so. Most would find it odd or unnecessary. If you are a teacher, you should be teaching practical things that will actually help your students. Again, extended vocabulary really means very little. People want results, not rarely used words. Maybe that's why you are teaching rather than doing. But not to knock teaching, it does have a very valuable role and if you enjoy it, then all the more power to you. Frankly, I wouldn't be able to stand teaching the same basic thing year after year.
You seem to think only trade-school subjects are valuable. Should history then be forgotten and ignored? I think not.

I've taught at a variety of levels and in multiple subjects so I don't get bored so much as frustrated... as I said, with the administration.

My favorite course ever was an Intro to Physical Anthro course at a California college where I actually converted 2 fundy Christians to believing in evolution. People are fascinated with human ancestry, and so the students in that course are generally interested and motivated to study the material.

Teaching in elementary schools is great, because you don't have to deal but minimally with adults, and hang with a room full of kids all day. They can be annoying, but overall better than hanging with adults...

Yeah, it's a tough job, but someone has to do it.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#172 May 21, 2013
Sinajuavi wrote:
<quoted text>
You're naive about the role of corporations in pushing what THEY want people to buy. It's not all about demand. That is the lie they tell.
Gee, so all of that millions that are spent on market research and market research panel groups are all a complete waste of time and money because the marketers and ad agencies can just succeed by simply telling people what they like and don't like.

Look, you are a teacher. Don't talk to me about real world marketing and stupid conspiracy theories with little basis. Ad Agencies will certainly try to trick people into preferring their brand over others, but they don't tell people what they like or don't like, and Marketing Research is all about finding out what people want. If black people prefer Colt 45 and Newports, those are the billboards you will see in those communities. Nobody likes to waste ad money by advertising things that a community does not like or want. That's a huge uphill battle rather than simply figuring out what they like and providing it.

It's complete common sense. Don't ever go into Marketing, you will fail miserably. I'd like to say, stick to teaching, but I'm becoming alarmed that you are a teacher more and more after the things you say. I wouldn't want somebody with such gross misunderstandings of reality teaching my kids.

Sinajuavi

Location hidden

#173 May 21, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I should people shoud be reading about other things than black history if they want to do some practical good for themselves
<quoted text>
I was forced to take a Black History class at Rutgers University 30 YEARS ago. It was a requirement no matter what major you were, while other history classes were not required. And in retrospect, it was a good class to take and a very very easy A that helped my GPA. Never did a lick of good for me since.
<quoted text>
I have a friend of mine who taught in an inner city school system and she said she finally gave up. First problem was that she was white. Second problem is that the kids always had their own conversations and continually tried to talk over her or louder than her. The third and biggest problem is that when she would try to meet with parents to discuss potential problems with their kids, she was always attacked as the bad guy by the parents and their kids never did anything wrong. It's all about the parents and without parental support, there is nothing that can be done.
<quoted text>
It wasn't always their fault at all, but it most certainly IS today.
<quoted text>
Much of that has been attempted and it all failed. Ever hear of busing? None of this will ever succeed unless the parents get on board, but you can't get them to do that because often they are even more ignorant than their kids are.
Again, how do immigrant Asians and Indians do so well? Because their parents believe so strongly in education. Bill Cosby is right, and you are yet another hindrance to black people by offering them any excuse that they want. And they will continue to use these as long as people such as yourself are continually willing to offer them.
I repeat, all history is valuable, and why not learn it? Since we live in this country with some 40 million black people, I would think we should at least attempt to understand where they're coming from. Understanding builds respect.

One can be white in an inner city school and still succeed. You have to lose the expectations that a class will proceed as it does in the suburbs. You have to adapt, and deal with what is there.

Yes, parents can be a problem. I've had parent conferences with parents who were obviously high on crack, and so that didn't go well. One parent I knew beat the hell out of her 4th-grade daughter, I just told her, oh the girl is doing fine, yes, really good in class... a lie I had to tell to protect the child. Well, I could tell you stories... some inspirational, some very disheartening.

No, today it is not all their fault. I mean I agree with Cosby, ok... my criticism is that he left out part of the story, as you are doing. I do not defend parents who are idiots, people who make bad choices, per se, but I do attempt to understand the context of those choices, and I know that any people in that situation would behave similarly.

The culture of Asian immigrants is far different, as is their history, than that of African-Americans. It is not very useful to compare the 2.

Also, let's not dwell on the rascals... There are black people in my family, through whom I get to know a lot of other black people, and they're all decent, hardworking, moral, respectable types. Let's keep that in mind if we're going to discuss these issues in terms of “black people”.

And really, black history and culture is quite interesting and can be inspirational. Have you read "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings", by Maya Angelou? A classic which continues to inspire people. You might have been assigned that book in your black history class.

Sinajuavi

Location hidden

#174 May 21, 2013
(continued)

I know the first time I was in the South, in VA, when I was 9 years old, I noticed the 2 drinking fountains and the "We cater to whites only" signs, and it pissed me off. Even at that age, I was asking, well, what if a colored person wants a sandwich? Where are they supposed to go? I think though Jim Crow has ended, we still need to ask questions like that... AA's are our fellow Yanks, and I think frankly it is patriotic to want them to succeed and "overcome" their difficulties. We'll be a stronger nation thereby.

Sinajuavi

Location hidden

#175 May 21, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, so all of that millions that are spent on market research and market research panel groups are all a complete waste of time and money because the marketers and ad agencies can just succeed by simply telling people what they like and don't like.
Look, you are a teacher. Don't talk to me about real world marketing and stupid conspiracy theories with little basis. Ad Agencies will certainly try to trick people into preferring their brand over others, but they don't tell people what they like or don't like, and Marketing Research is all about finding out what people want. If black people prefer Colt 45 and Newports, those are the billboards you will see in those communities. Nobody likes to waste ad money by advertising things that a community does not like or want. That's a huge uphill battle rather than simply figuring out what they like and providing it.
It's complete common sense. Don't ever go into Marketing, you will fail miserably. I'd like to say, stick to teaching, but I'm becoming alarmed that you are a teacher more and more after the things you say. I wouldn't want somebody with such gross misunderstandings of reality teaching my kids.
You are very naive in this matter.

Look at the commercials on TV... they are LOADED with social messages which are not directly related to selling a particular brand of product. If you notice the social messages, which few people do, it is in fact scary.

One of their favorites is to glorify the boss, and make workers look like idiots. They also like to tell kids that their parents are idiots, and they should be interested in buying the product rather than respecting their parents.

TV programming has many of the same messages.

Can you really believe that corporations have no social agenda? That they ONLY want to sell a product, that it's all about building a bitter widget?

No, they want to have control over the population, prevent Unions, eliminate the smallholder competition... in that they are anti-Jeffersonian and I would say anti-American.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#176 May 21, 2013
Sinajuavi wrote:
<quoted text>
You are very naive in this matter.
Look at the commercials on TV... they are LOADED with social messages which are not directly related to selling a particular brand of product. If you notice the social messages, which few people do, it is in fact scary.
And where do the Advertisers get these ideas from? From Marketing Research and Marketing Research Panels groups and they pay millions for this stuff. Are you seriously still going to have this argument with me? I worked in the industry, you never have.
Sinajuavi wrote:
<quoted text>
One of their favorites is to glorify the boss, and make workers look like idiots.
Actually, it's usually the opposite because their are more employees than bosses, so they make the boss the fool and the employee look like the right guy. I have no idea where you get any of this from. Why do you think the women are always portrayed as the smart person and the man is "almost" always displayed as the bumbling idiot?
Sinajuavi wrote:
<quoted text>
They also like to tell kids that their parents are idiots, and they should be interested in buying the product rather than respecting their parents.
That's when their ad is selling to kids. Get it? Gert it? Kids spend more money these days on certain products like music or other things than their parents do. Get it? Get it? It amazes me to have a High School teacher tell me how this all works. Have you ever spent a day working in private industry in your entire life? And yet you want to tell me how this all works? What is the matter with you? Why do you listen to people that tell you this crap with no knowledge at all?
Sinajuavi wrote:
<quoted text>
TV programming has many of the same messages.
Can you really believe that corporations have no social agenda?
Only to make the brand they are advertising to be more appealing than their competing brands. This is the third time that I have told you this, and I'm not going to say it again or I would be completely wasting my time. How could you comment on any of this when you clearly have no knowledge or experience in the field that you are going to tell everybody about and tell what their real motivations are? This is getting comical.
Sinajuavi wrote:
<quoted text>
That they ONLY want to sell a product, that it's all about building a bitter widget?
That's a better widget and that's okay, I can recognize typing errors. Building a better widget is up to the company themselves. If they truly had a better widget, they wouldn't even need marketers. You only need marketers when your product isn't much better than your competition's. Why do you think they bother to spend millions on Ad Agencies? It's because their product ISN'T much better than their competitors because if it was, they wouldn't need Ad Agencies very much excect to get the word out, but companies can buy their own media time and space themselves if that were the case. Again, you are way out of your league and the people that tell you this crap are grossly misinformed. But guess what? They probably make money telling you this crap by writing articles and books about it. Get it? Get it?
Sinajuavi wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they want to have control over the population, prevent Unions, eliminate the smallholder competition
Oh God. Is this the crap that you read? Honestly, I don't want someone with such a devoid sense of reality or common sense teaching my kids. The best you can say is that the news does this, but even the news just looks for any way they can make money by increasing their viewership so that they get more ad dollars. Honestly, how could you ever have thought that you were even remotely qualified to comment on any of this?

I actually used to have some respect for your comments about other things before you brought any of this up. Now I have little to no respect for your comments now that I realize how you actually think.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#177 May 21, 2013
Sinajuavi wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to think only trade-school subjects are valuable. Should history then be forgotten and ignored? I think not.
No. but don't add things to it like bringing up old expressions like Rascals. Who cares? I went to a good University and Professors didn't bother with that sort of crap. So who do you think you are fooling? You just want to make outdated expressions valuable so that it looks like you have value to offer. It doesn't take a genius to memorize old, outdated expressions.
Sinajuavi wrote:
<quoted text>
I've taught at a variety of levels and in multiple subjects so I don't get bored so much as frustrated... as I said, with the administration.
Look, if it's an inner city school, the problem is not the system, the problem is the parents. I went to a Catholic school for the first eight grades and they never seemed to have any money, and they truly didn't, but they managed to give a great education no matter how much none of us kids wanted it. We had good parents to back them up when there was a problem. When my mother got a call, her first reaction was, what did he do now? And she was right.
Sinajuavi wrote:
<quoted text>
My favorite course ever was an Intro to Physical Anthro course at a California college where I actually converted 2 fundy Christians to believing in evolution.
As a teacher, you shouldn't be converting anybody to anything. You merely provide the info and then you give a test on the approved course info. That's all. So you do not sound like a good teacher to me, but rather one that puts their own personal opinion and needs into their teaching. So I would never hire you.
Sinajuavi wrote:
<quoted text>
People are fascinated with human ancestry,
Yes they are more fascinated by the past rather than the present. They don't see the present so they focus on the past and future.
Sinajuavi wrote:
<quoted text>
and so the students in that course are generally interested and motivated to study the material. Teaching in elementary schools is great, because you don't have to deal but minimally with adults, and hang with a room full of kids all day.{/QUOTE}
Sure, totally agreed and that's where I would teach if I wanted to be a teacher. They should pay people twice the money to teach High School kids. College kids? Less money because they actually want to learn or at least understand that if they don't, they're screwed. If you taught me in College, you would have hated me because I rarely went to class. But when push came to shove, I would eat the textbook and pass, and they hated me because I made it look like they had less value than they wanted to think. It was all an ego thing with them but I thought, who's paying who? You got paid, so shut up with the pride and attitude.
[QUOTE who="Sinajuavi"]< quoted text>
They can be annoying, but overall better than hanging with adults...Yeah, it's a tough job, but someone has to do it.
Not as tough as working in private industry. That's all I deal with and they want every single dollar they spent with you accounted for, so you better justify every single thing that you do and do it as fast as possible. That's life. I have no union to protect me, either they like what I do and pay for it, or they don't. So I better be good. I'm a software and web developer and these days I work as a contractor, not an employee. And sometimes I get called in for a week or so and then they have things that they have to settle and they send me home because they don't want to waste money on me sitting there. But they pay me well, when I get the work. Then they call me back in when they are ready again. I don't blame them at all. But while the pay is fantastic when I get the work, it's very inconsistent. That's life. That's the real world.

Sinajuavi

Location hidden

#178 May 21, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
And where do the Advertisers get these ideas from? From Marketing Research and Marketing Research Panels groups and they pay millions for this stuff. Are you seriously still going to have this argument with me? I worked in the industry, you never have.
<quoted text>
Actually, it's usually the opposite because their are more employees than bosses, so they make the boss the fool and the employee look like the right guy. I have no idea where you get any of this from. Why do you think the women are always portrayed as the smart person and the man is "almost" always displayed as the bumbling idiot?

...etc.etc., blah blah blah

It's because their product ISN'T much better than their competitors because if it was, they wouldn't need Ad Agencies very much excect to get the word out, but companies can buy their own media time and space themselves if that were the case. Again, you are way out of your league and the people that tell you this crap are grossly misinformed. But guess what? They probably make money telling you this crap by writing articles and books about it. Get it? Get it?
<quoted text>
Oh God. Is this the crap that you read? Honestly, I don't want someone with such a devoid sense of reality or common sense teaching my kids. The best you can say is that the news does this, but even the news just looks for any way they can make money by increasing their viewership so that they get more ad dollars. Honestly, how could you ever have thought that you were even remotely qualified to comment on any of this?
I actually used to have some respect for your comments about other things before you brought any of this up. Now I have little to no respect for your comments now that I realize how you actually think.
They also use psychologists. And the social programming is not out there for you to read about. Market research, lol. That they let you see. That is in MBA courses, that is commonplace.
But look at the commercials and analyze them. They push a particular point of view, from the cultural and social perspective. You are not trained to analyze this, but I am.
Do research scientifically. Keep records. Observe objectively what you see on TV. Then get back to me.
You're making excuses for corporate power, but they are thin. Corporations according to you are no more devious than what goes on in an MBA course. LOL!!!
John Dos Passos:“USA”. Written I think in the 40's, and still true today.
You don't get it. The USA govt is known to have engaged in extensive research in mind control and propaganda, all via military agencies, and you think in the military-industrial complex none of that gets to corporations? The same corporations who own Congress and Presidents? LOL!!!
NAÏVE!
I don't get my info from pop books and “conspiracy theorists”. I am trained in social science. This idea SCARES you obviously, due to the childish insults into which you've retreated. Oh that's right, chump, those vaunted corporations who you think are serving your interests and making a better life are in fact usurping not only every aspect of the global economy but its culture as well.
They're the Borg... not unlike Islam. 2 competing Borgs.

Sinajuavi

Location hidden

#179 May 21, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
No. but don't add things to it like bringing up old expressions like Rascals. Who cares? I went to a good University and Professors didn't bother with that sort of crap. So who do you think you are fooling? You just want to make outdated expressions valuable so that it looks like you have value to offer. It doesn't take a genius to memorize old, outdated expressions.
<quoted text>
Look, if it's an inner city school, the problem is not the system, the problem is the parents. I went to a Catholic school for the first eight grades and they never seemed to have any money, and they truly didn't, but they managed to give a great education no matter how much none of us kids wanted it. We had good parents to back them up when there was a problem. When my mother got a call, her first reaction was, what did he do now? And she was right.
<quoted text>
As a teacher, you shouldn't be converting anybody to anything. You merely provide the info and then you give a test on the approved course info. That's all. So you do not sound like a good teacher to me, but rather one that puts their own personal opinion and needs into their teaching. So I would never hire you.
<quoted text>
Yes they are more fascinated by the past rather than the present. They don't see the present so they focus on the past and future.
<quoted text>
Not as tough as working in private industry. That's all I deal with and they want every single dollar they spent with you accounted for, so you better justify every single thing that you do and do it as fast as possible. That's life. I have no union to protect me, either they like what I do and pay for it, or they don't. So I better be good. I'm a software and web developer and these days I work as a contractor, not an employee. And sometimes I get called in for a week or so and then they have things that they have to settle and they send me home because they don't want to waste money on me sitting there. But they pay me well, when I get the work. Then they call me back in when they are ready again. I don't blame them at all. But while the pay is fantastic when I get the work, it's very inconsistent. That's life. That's the real world.
You babble much. Old out-dated expressions. By understanding the language of the past, we understand the thinking of the people of the past. History is valuable. You cannot decide which parts are valuable, as you know nothing about it.

As you defend corporations, you defend the school systems of the USA, LOL!!! You trust every institution, fool, and don't dare stand up and object, don't dare think for yourself. Whatever they tell you is normal and good, you believe them, because you want to be a good little drone and not attract negative attention.

That makes you a rutting coward. And an oblivious one, since you care nothing for either language or history. You're a good functionary, Chaplin's cog in the wheel. You're a schlump.

Personal opinion? Evolution is not opinion, it is proven fact. I made 2 resistance people understand an aspect of science, a fundamental aspect. That make me a bad teacher? It make me a good one, as a schlemiel like you could never be.

You're a serf. You must bow and scrape for corporate favor. You do not value freedom. You do not value individuality. You are precisely a “good German”. You're a colossal asskisser.

That is not the “real world”, fool, that is the world corporate power has forced upon us, and you dance to their tune. You are an enemy of those of us who do value freedom. You're an enemy of the people. You're a traitor.

Sinajuavi

Location hidden

#180 May 21, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Fool, I run a small business and know what marketing is. I am what Jefferson wanted for this country... he said a free people are a nation of smallholders.

You are the enemy of freedom and democracy, as you worship hegemonic corporate power. The same corporations Jefferson said were the greatest threat to freedom.

That makes you a traitor.

I am a good teacher, and it is not your place to judge that, since you haven't the competence or intellect for it. Teachers are not evaluated by functionaries and clerks, sorry, tech-school boy.

I have a real education and know how to impart the knowledge which matters in academia, not the how-to-sell-Newports info YOU think is knowledge.

Do not use the word “reality” as you are ill-equipped to understand or define it. You understand only your own little rat maze. How well you've learned the pathway to the food button!!!

Dance, serfboy, DANCE!
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#181 May 22, 2013
Sinajuavi wrote:
<quoted text>
Fool, I run a small business and know what marketing is.
If you say so.
Sinajuavi wrote:
<quoted text>
I am what Jefferson wanted for this country... he said a free people are a nation of smallholders.
You are the enemy of freedom and democracy, as you worship hegemonic corporate power.
I don't even work in advertising anymore. I am a software and web developer.
Sinajuavi wrote:
<quoted text>
The same corporations Jefferson said were the greatest threat to freedom.
That makes you a traitor.
Gee, somebody sure is angry.
Sinajuavi wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a good teacher, and it is not your place to judge that, since you haven't the competence or intellect for it.
Yes, teaching is much more complex than software development.
Sinajuavi wrote:
<quoted text>
Teachers are not evaluated by functionaries and clerks, sorry, tech-school boy.
I have a real education
Last I checked, Rutgers University was a pretty darn good school and not easy to get in to. Maybe that has changed.
Sinajuavi wrote:
<quoted text>
and know how to impart the knowledge which matters in academia,
Good, then you can teach everybody to be a teacher.
Sinajuavi wrote:
<quoted text>
not the how-to-sell-Newports info YOU think is knowledge.
Well those really stupid companies pay millions of dollars for market research info when their ad agency can simply tell people what they like and dislike.
Sinajuavi wrote:
<quoted text>
Do not use the word “reality” as you are ill-equipped to understand or define it.
Blah blah blah.
Sinajuavi wrote:
<quoted text>
You understand only your own little rat maze. How well you've learned the pathway to the food button!!!
Dance, serfboy, DANCE!
You couldn't write one line of code to save your life. That takes a lot of intelligence, concentration and understanding of abstract concepts, rather than regurgitating quite easy information and topics to kids. History just might be the easiest subject ever invented. Like I said, the Black History course I took was the easiest A I ever got. What's there to understand about it? You read simple words and spit them back on a test. There's nothing abstract about it at all. Derivatives in Calculus can be a little bit abstract. How did you do in Calculus?

Why should an extended vocabulary be impressive to anyone? What does it do for anyone? In my experience, people that try to impress others with their vocabulary usually aren't the smart ones, that's why they have to try and impress people with their vocabulary, because that's all they really know.

And call me if you need some marketing help or a website for your lemonade stand. Watch out because the little girl down the street is looking to steal your business and eat your lunch.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#182 May 22, 2013
Sinajuavi wrote:
<quoted text>
Fool, I run a small business and know what marketing is. I am what Jefferson wanted for this country... he said a free people are a nation of smallholders.
Forgot this part. I worked for a small telecommunications engineering company of 12 people for 10 years. They invented technology and solved problems that larger companies and the Government couldn't, and that's why they were bought out for lots and lots of money. The Government is incompetent and all of the technology they use is usually developed by small businesses such as the one I worked for. So if you find tiny Government cameras in your cornflakes, chances are a small but specialized company invented them. Better go check your cornflakes because the Government is watching you because you are so important.
bensleys best

Nashua, NH

#183 May 22, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
If you say so.
<quoted text>
I don't even work in advertising anymore. I am a software and web developer.
<quoted text>
Gee, somebody sure is angry.
<quoted text>
Yes, teaching is much more complex than software development.
<quoted text>
Last I checked, Rutgers University was a pretty darn good school and not easy to get in to. Maybe that has changed.
<quoted text>
Good, then you can teach everybody to be a teacher.
<quoted text>
Well those really stupid companies pay millions of dollars for market research info when their ad agency can simply tell people what they like and dislike.
<quoted text>
Blah blah blah.
<quoted text>
You couldn't write one line of code to save your life. That takes a lot of intelligence, concentration and understanding of abstract concepts, rather than regurgitating quite easy information and topics to kids. History just might be the easiest subject ever invented. Like I said, the Black History course I took was the easiest A I ever got. What's there to understand about it? You read simple words and spit them back on a test. There's nothing abstract about it at all. Derivatives in Calculus can be a little bit abstract. How did you do in Calculus?
Why should an extended vocabulary be impressive to anyone? What does it do for anyone? In my experience, people that try to impress others with their vocabulary usually aren't the smart ones, that's why they have to try and impress people with their vocabulary, because that's all they really know.
And call me if you need some marketing help or a website for your lemonade stand. Watch out because the little girl down the street is looking to steal your business and eat your lunch.
why don't you two just move in together, you could drink a few cool ones and solve all the worlds problems together.

Using up all them words, phrases, vocabulary etc etc.

I would read all yer stuff but I got really important stuff to do, I got to sort my sock drawer, and straighten out my neck ties.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#184 May 22, 2013
bensleys best wrote:
<quoted text>
why don't you two just move in together, you could drink a few cool ones and solve all the worlds problems together.
I would read all yer stuff but I got really important stuff to do, I got to sort my sock drawer, and straighten out my neck ties.
Well then don't even join in the discussion. You have more important things to do, right? Do them. You just wasted a few minutes of your precious time.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#185 May 22, 2013
bensleys best wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you mean THOSE words? Thanks for being the stereotype.
Elliot

New York, NY

#186 May 22, 2013
To hell with Farrakkhan

When will you fools ever learn?
Max

Montréal, Canada

#187 May 22, 2013
Lol. Eminem and his Muslim crew in Detroit wussup!!!
Panafrican

Detroit, MI

#188 May 22, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a shame that you can't seem to find books about Computers, or Finance, or Engineering or Accounting or Math. They would surely do you a lot more good.

we found a book on Math and we are still waiting for somebody to
1. give the proof of the Fermat Principle

2.Discuss the usefulness of Coderivatives in the sense of Rockafellar ( not rockeffeler !)

3. Prove Golbatch's conjecture ( Every even integer greater than can be expressed as the sum of two primes.
The conjecture has been shown to hold up through 4 × 1018 [2] and is generally assumed to be true, but remains unproven despite considerable effort).

4. Clearly define the nature of light, not the duality (wave-particle) of light.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Rouge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Fri Boo 21,334
News Man called mastermind in 2005 Makki murder to f... (Dec '07) Nov 14 Mikes nephew K 28
Free masons threatening man in Derby Connecticu... Nov 13 Jesse Rishel 21
News What ita s like to live as an undocumented Amer... (Dec '16) Nov 11 Myself 31
River Rouge Musicians (Feb '10) Oct '17 Bassman Walks 2
News DTE Energy DTE Energy announces plan to reduce ... (May '17) May '17 Solarman 1
river rouge days memories (Jan '09) May '17 Sammy Sheppard 85

River Rouge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

River Rouge Mortgages