Nation of Islam's Louis Farrakhan wan...

Nation of Islam's Louis Farrakhan wants to rebuild Detroit; he'll meet City Council, speak at church

There are 801 comments on the MLive.com story from May 15, 2013, titled Nation of Islam's Louis Farrakhan wants to rebuild Detroit; he'll meet City Council, speak at church. In it, MLive.com reports that:

Minister Louis Farrakhan, leader of The Nation of Islam, is expected to be in Detroit this week to meet Detroit City Council Members and speak at Fellowship Chapel on the city's west side.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MLive.com.

Seeker

Lowell, MA

#778 Jun 16, 2013
TheRealDeal wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh the irony!
Oh the irony. If Muslims followed their Quran properly, then they can't be in western, non Muslim lands to be friends with them and live by their laws. So if they are real Muslims, then there must be another agenda.

(28. Let not the believers take the disbelievers as friends instead of the believers, and whoever does that, will never be helped by Allah in any way, unless you indeed fear a danger from them. And Allah warns you against Himself, and to Allah is the final return.)

The famous Muslim scholar IBN Kathir's commentary on 3:28

http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php...

[QUOTE="IBN Kathir"]
Allah prohibited His believing servants from becoming supporters of the disbelievers, or to take them as comrades with whom they develop friendships, rather than the believers. Allah warned against such behavior when He said,

(And whoever does that, will never be helped by Allah in any way) meaning, whoever commits this act that Allah has prohibited, then Allah will discard him. Similarly, Allah said,

(O you who believe! Take not My enemies and your enemies as friends, showing affection towards them), until,

(And whosoever of you does that, then indeed he has gone astray from the straight path.) &#64831;60:1&#64830;. Allah said,

(O you who believe! Take not for friends disbelievers instead of believers. Do you wish to offer Allah a manifest proof against yourselves) &#64831;4:144&#64830;, and,

(O you who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians as friends, they are but friends of each other. And whoever befriends them, then surely, he is one of them.) &#64831;5:51&#64830;.

Allah said, after mentioning the fact that the faithful believers gave their support to the faithful believers among the Muhajirin, Ansar and Bedouins,

(And those who disbelieve are allies of one another,(and) if you do not behave the same, there will be Fitnah and oppression on the earth, and a great mischief and corruption.) &#64831;8:73&#64830;.

Allah said next,

(unless you indeed fear a danger from them) meaning, except those believers who in some areas or times fear for their safety from the disbelievers. In this case, such believers are allowed to show friendship to the disbelievers outwardly, but never inwardly. For instance, Al-Bukhari recorded that Abu Ad-Darda' said, "We smile in the face of some people although our hearts curse them.'' Al-Bukhari said that Al-Hasan said, "The Tuqyah is allowed until the Day of Resurrection.'' Allah said,

(And Allah warns you against Himself.) meaning, He warns you against His anger and the severe torment He prepared for those who give their support to His enemies, and those who have enmity with His friends,

(And to Allah is the final return) meaning, the return is to Him and He will reward or punish each person according to their deeds.

(29. Say: "Whether you hide what is in your breasts or reveal it, Allah knows it, and He knows what is in the heavens and what is in the earth. And Allah is able to do all things.'')(30. On the Day when every person will be confronted with the good he has done, and all the evil he has done, he will wish that there were a great distance between him and his evil. And Allah warns you against Himself and Allah is full of kindness with the servants.)[/QUOTE]

So if Muslims take their scriptures seriously, what are they doing in the west making friends with non Muslims? Hmmmm.....

Since: Aug 09

Saint Louis, MO

#779 Jun 16, 2013
proudredneck wrote:
Say, there seems to be a lot of 'Muslim' this and 'Muslim' that going on in this blog...who cares ?...I sure do not!...every nation on this planet that has a sizable Muslim population is at war killing someone...either its Muslim killing Muslim or Muslim killing non-Muslims...name one area in this world where this is NOT happening and I will show you a country with a l-o-w Muslim population...Muslims are the scum-bags of the world and hate everything including themselves...their Allah is apparently on vacation or is dead....either way Allah has no use for Muslims since all he wants to do is see them dead...ask any Muslim if they would wear a bomb-vest and kill innocent people in the name of their Great Jihad...a truthful one will say 'yes' a lying one will just expound on the 'Islam is a peaceful cult'...as long as they are in America....we have BIG trouble.
You are dang right we are killing invaders of our homes. It is called self-defense. The crusaders came to Muslim countries. And we killed them. We did not invade Christian countries except in the one case was in Spain where the people begged us to come to their rescue

Saint Louis, MO

#780 Jun 16, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I am referring to anybody who turns a blind eye, because people don't like conflict, and so they like to pretend it's not there. Churchill referred to Neville Chamberlain, the leader before him who appeased Hitler and made a treaty with him, with the following statement. An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile in hopes that it will eat him last.
If you do not like conflict, call the zionists out od Palestine. Pull your troops out of Afghanistan and Pakistan and Irag and your mercenaries out of Syria and out of Libya.

Saint Louis, MO

#781 Jun 16, 2013
proudredneck wrote:
Seeker...you can stop seeking...you have arrived...you speak the 'truth'...only problem is...very few people appreciate the 'truth'...keep the 'faith'...you have a friend out here in Arizona.
"Seeker" is a lying idiot not much better than Savantia.

Saint Louis, MO

#782 Jun 16, 2013
Savant wrote:
<quoted text>Frankly, I'm skeptical about those HUGE figures of 140 million Africans reportedly enslaved by Muslim Arabs.
You ought to be skeptical. It is an obvious lie to any intelligent or educated person.
Savant wrote:
<quoted text>While I consider absurd Abdurratin's claim--despite historical evidence--that millions of Africans were enslaved by Muslims before the European Atlantic slave trade, I'm skeptical of figures like 140 million African slaves, or the claim that 100 million Indians were slain by Muslim invaders.
No. Slavery from imported from Rome to the Arabs before the Revelation of Islam. But the Islamic Movement began from day one as a movement against slavery. Thus the first Muslims were slaves who had been freed by the Muslims. Bilal is the best example and nobody can deny this reality because he was so prominent and everybody with a knowledge of history knows about him. He had been a slave. The Muslims freed him. And he came the second highest official the Muslim Community, after Prophet Muhammad. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilal_ibn_Rabah_...

Saint Louis, MO

#783 Jun 16, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
We knew what you meant, and you are probably correct. But whatever the figures are, the point is that the blame goes around to everyone. Whites, Blacks, Arabs, Christians, Muslims, maybe even Hindus or Buddhists as well (don't know anything about that). The world was such that if you didn't keep developing and stay on your toes, you were waiting to be exploited. It was a cruel world back then. And it didn't matter who was on top. Anybody who was on top would exploit those who weren't. So the victims would have done the same thing if the tables were turned and they were capable of doing so.
Fool, it is so obvious that the Buddhists and Hindus cannot be included in those crimes. Likewise, any fool knows that you cannot blame the Muslims. The slave trade was a pre-Islamic thing among the Arabs. It was pagan thing in Rome that was exported to the Arabs along with paganism. And it =was a Christian thing. But NO OTHER RELIGION IN THE WORLD WAS EVER INVOLVED IN THE AFRICAN SLAVE TRADE. It is that simple.

Saint Louis, MO

#784 Jun 16, 2013
Seeker wrote:
I was brought up with white shame. The movie Roots indoctrinated both white and black people into the concept of white shame, and white people just had to accept that rather than try to lie about it. But who was really lying or at least omitting large chunks of the truth. It was Alex Haley, the author of roots.
When I got to college, I took a course in African American History because it was a required part of the curriculum. Easiest A I ever got, so it was great. Any History course was always an easy A. And while I did learn a lot about past contributions of African Americans, such as the first open heart surgery and the invention of the ISO Bus, most of it was not new. As a white person, I had slavery shame shoved in my face all of the time. Bad white man this, bad white man that. And this is what all of the black students wanted to hear. They loved that this course was going to be a glorification of the African American and a whipping of white people, or so they expected. You should have seen the looks on their faces when the very intelligent, well educated black professor turned around and told them, "I'm sorry to say this, but we are all prisoners of war". Nobody ever told them the truth. I remember Roots where Alex Haley, the liar, depicted it as a small group of white men wandering through the jungle with guns who were able to round up and kidnap hundreds of black men and get them on to a ship. And now that I know, I look back at that movie and I should have asked myself, "how could this be possible?". Because it really wasn't. It turns out, African tribes were warring with each other, as they often did, and instead of killing someone, it was far more practical to capture them and sell them for money and weapons and watch their enemy get shipped away to where they could be guaranteed to never be seen again.
The truth is that many African Americans wouldn't even be alive if their ancestors weren't slaves. But this is the aspect that nobody is allowed to talk about. White self flagellation appears to be the only acceptable thing that one can say. It's all part of a "social engineering" scam by liberals who think that they know better than everyone else.
Fool, you did not learn the first thing about African history. But most people do not learn anything, especially not at an Uncle Tom school such as Howard or Fisk. I know many of the black colleges personally. Every one that I know is dishonest when it comes to African history. Howard is the leader and also the worse. If you want to know African history you are better off at a white college or a European one. That is what I am doing. None of the black colleges wanted me because they know they cannot trick me and lie to me. So, I have joined an Ivy League university.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#785 Jun 16, 2013
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
You are dang right we are killing invaders of our homes. It is called self-defense. The crusaders came to Muslim countries. And we killed them. We did not invade Christian countries except in the one case was in Spain where the people begged us to come to their rescue
Oh, didn't you hear? EVERYBODY begged Muslims to come and conquer them. How do you think they got to Spain in the first place?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#786 Jun 16, 2013
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
Fool, it is so obvious that the Buddhists and Hindus cannot be included in those crimes. Likewise, any fool knows that you cannot blame the Muslims. The slave trade was a pre-Islamic thing among the Arabs.
Well from what others have researched, it would appear that there were Muslims selling the salves to the Americans.
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
It was pagan thing in Rome that was exported to the Arabs along with paganism.
Paganism existed in Arabia long before they even knew who the Romans were. And so did slavery. I have no idea where you get all of these hare brained facts from. Why don't you just make them up as you go along? You might as well at this point, assuming you're not already doing that.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#787 Jun 16, 2013
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
Fool, you did not learn the first thing about African history. But most people do not learn anything, especially not at an Uncle Tom school such as Howard or Fisk. I know many of the black colleges personally. Every one that I know is dishonest when it comes to African history. Howard is the leader and also the worse. If you want to know African history you are better off at a white college or a European one.
Silly fool, I went to Rutgers, a very white and respected University, and that's where I took this course.
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
That is what I am doing. None of the black colleges wanted me because they know they cannot trick me and lie to me. So, I have joined an Ivy League university.
LOL!!!!! What are you doing there, cleaning their toilets? You can't even spell.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#788 Jun 16, 2013
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>So, I have joined an Ivy League university.
Let me guess, you decided to grow ivy around the port a potty in your back yard?

Saint Louis, MO

#789 Jun 16, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, didn't you hear? EVERYBODY begged Muslims to come and conquer them. How do you think they got to Spain in the first place?
"Initially. the Moors were invited by the Byzantine General Julian for help in what was virtually a civil war between the various factions of the successors of the late Visigoth King Wittiza.

The Governor of North Africa Musa agreed to Julian's request for help and sent his deputy commander General Tariq bin Ziyad with a military army which landed at Gibraltar on April 30, 711." ( http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index... )
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#790 Jun 16, 2013
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
"Initially. the Moors were invited by the Byzantine General Julian for help in what was virtually a civil war between the various factions of the successors of the late Visigoth King Wittiza.
The Governor of North Africa Musa agreed to Julian's request for help and sent his deputy commander General Tariq bin Ziyad with a military army which landed at Gibraltar on April 30, 711." ( http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index... )
Suckers. They trusted them. Just like the Iranians trusted that after the Ayatollahs pulled off the revolution for them, they would turn power over to the people. Suckers. Can't trust a Muslim.

Saint Louis, MO

#792 Jun 16, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly fool, I went to Rutgers, a very white and respected University, and that's where I took this course.
<quoted text>
LOL!!!!! What are you doing there, cleaning their toilets? You can't even spell.
Who was your instructor? Uncle Tom? Aunt Jemima?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#793 Jun 16, 2013
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
Who was your instructor? Uncle Tom? Aunt Jemima?
I forget the guy's name, but he seemed like a really intelligent, well spoken and well educated black man. He even looked like sometimes he was embarrassed by some of the black students in the class. There was the one girl who kept on asking the most stupid questions and she would ask these questions almost every 5 minutes. And this was about History, not rocket science, but she still never seemed to get it. It was almost like she was asking questions for the sake of asking questions. Maybe somebody told her that if she asks a lot of questions she will get a good grade. But either way, it was really annoying and holding the rest of the class back and you could see the professor realize this. But he was a real professional and had infinite patience with her.

Saint Louis, MO

#794 Jun 16, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I forget the guy's name, but he seemed like a really intelligent, well spoken and well educated black man. He even looked like sometimes he was embarrassed by some of the black students in the class. There was the one girl who kept on asking the most stupid questions and she would ask these questions almost every 5 minutes. And this was about History, not rocket science, but she still never seemed to get it. It was almost like she was asking questions for the sake of asking questions. Maybe somebody told her that if she asks a lot of questions she will get a good grade. But either way, it was really annoying and holding the rest of the class back and you could see the professor realize this. But he was a real professional and had infinite patience with her.
No wonder you did not learn much about African history or any other kind of history.

Start by reading Ghana: Autobiography of Kwame Nkrumah. That is the beginning of modern African political history. If you have not read it, and obviously you have not rad it, you know NOTHING about African history.

Saint Louis, MO

#795 Jun 16, 2013
There is much more to be read. But Nkrumahism is the best place to start.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#796 Jun 16, 2013
I love Islam 'cause Islam is love.
TheRealDeal

Farmington, MI

#797 Jun 16, 2013
Darkjaemess wrote:
I love Islam 'cause Islam is love.
You are a joke and quite ill-informed.

The Quran contains at least 109 verses that call Muslims to war with nonbelievers for the sake of Islamic rule. Some are quite graphic, with commands to chop off heads and fingers and kill infidels wherever they may be hiding. Muslims who do not join the fight are called 'hypocrites' and warned that Allah will send them to Hell if they do not join the slaughter.

The verses of violence in the Quran (unlike that in the Old Testiment) are mostly open-ended, meaning that they are not restrained by the historical context of the surrounding text. They are part of the eternal, unchanging word of Allah, and just as relevant or subjective as anything else in the Quran.

In fact, there are at least 164 Jihad verses as well.

The context of violent passages is more ambiguous than might be expected of a perfect book from a loving God.

And Mohamed the most eminent Prophet if Islam, was a child molester!

Islam is really awesome...NOT!
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#798 Jun 16, 2013
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
No wonder you did not learn much about African history or any other kind of history.
Start by reading Ghana: Autobiography of Kwame Nkrumah. That is the beginning of modern African political history. If you have not read it, and obviously you have not rad it, you know NOTHING about African history.
You told me that I shouldn't learn from an African American oriented University, and should instead learn from a white or European University, I quoted you the name of a very respected "white oriented" University (if there is even such a thing anymore) and when you get the answer you asked for you still don't accept it. So shut up. Do you think that I care enough about African history to read a whole book about it? What kind of job will that get me? NONE. And you shouldn't bother either if you ever wanted to get ahead in life. How is my knowledge of African history supposed to help any employer make any money? And if they don't make money from my skills, why in God's name would I think they should ever pay me any money? Get it? Get it? Wake up and get a clue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Rouge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Miss you (Jun '15) 14 min Worried mom 3
Looking for Jerry Renfro Tue nomorearabslave 6
we have an arab housekeeper Tue nomorearabslave 1
iamallah Tue mahhamadswhore 1
News Supreme Court declines appeal request from ex-D... Mon Summer Friend 1
Do u think David J Banaszak sucks cock in Gaylo... Jun 26 Anonymous 1
News Obama reduces sentence of Detroit-area man with... Jun 12 Cordwainer Trout 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

River Rouge Mortgages