Nation of Islam's Louis Farrakhan wan...

Nation of Islam's Louis Farrakhan wants to rebuild Detroit; he'll meet City Council, speak at church

There are 801 comments on the MLive.com story from May 15, 2013, titled Nation of Islam's Louis Farrakhan wants to rebuild Detroit; he'll meet City Council, speak at church. In it, MLive.com reports that:

Minister Louis Farrakhan, leader of The Nation of Islam, is expected to be in Detroit this week to meet Detroit City Council Members and speak at Fellowship Chapel on the city's west side.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MLive.com.

Anonymous

Wixom, MI

#734 Jun 14, 2013
AlJazeera Reporting Last Modified: 14 Jun 2013 07:22

Man jailed for whipping Australian Muslim

Court sentences Wasim Fayad to jail for whipping convert with an electric cord 40 times after he confessed taking drugs.

A man who whipped a Muslim convert in Australia as a religious punishment for drinking alcohol has been sentenced to at least 16 months in jail.

Wasim Fayad, who was convicted earlier this year of the 2011 attack on Christian Martinez, was sentenced on Friday.

Sydney Central Local Court Magistrate Brian Maloney sentenced Fayad, who had been Martinez's spiritual mentor, to a maximum of two years in jail for assault occasioning actual bodily harm.

"You have brought much shame upon the Islamic faith," Maloney told Fayad during the sentencing hearing.

"You have proved yourself unscrupulously cunning, deceptive and dishonest. You profess to be a religious man, however you resorted to violence upon Mr Martinez."

The attack happened after Martinez called Fayad, 45, to admit he had spent a night out drinking and taking drugs. Islamic laws prohibit alcohol and recommend whipping as a punishment for several offences.

Fayad showed up at Martinez's home and whipped him 40 times with an electric cord while three other men held him down on his bed.

Martinez said he cried and begged for them to stop, and was in pain for about a week after the attack.

The other three men involved received suspended sentences and were ordered to perform community service.

"It was simply one man who happened to be Muslim, assaulting another man, to effect a criminal purpose," Maloney said, according to the Sydney Morning Herald.

To assist in that purpose [Fayad] recruited three young men who had been groomed and duped into believing he was righteous and learned in Islamic law."

Fayed reportedly shook his head and muttered as Maloney handed down his sentence.
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia-pacific/20...
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#735 Jun 14, 2013
An Eye On The City wrote:
AlJazeera Reporting Last Modified: 14 Jun 2013 07:22
Man jailed for whipping Australian Muslim
Court sentences Wasim Fayad to jail for whipping convert with an electric cord 40 times after he confessed taking drugs.
A man who whipped a Muslim convert in Australia as a religious punishment for drinking alcohol has been sentenced to at least 16 months in jail.
Wasim Fayad, who was convicted earlier this year of the 2011 attack on Christian Martinez, was sentenced on Friday.
Sydney Central Local Court Magistrate Brian Maloney sentenced Fayad, who had been Martinez's spiritual mentor, to a maximum of two years in jail for assault occasioning actual bodily harm.
"You have brought much shame upon the Islamic faith," Maloney told Fayad during the sentencing hearing.
"You have proved yourself unscrupulously cunning, deceptive and dishonest. You profess to be a religious man, however you resorted to violence upon Mr Martinez."
The attack happened after Martinez called Fayad, 45, to admit he had spent a night out drinking and taking drugs. Islamic laws prohibit alcohol and recommend whipping as a punishment for several offences.
Fayad showed up at Martinez's home and whipped him 40 times with an electric cord while three other men held him down on his bed.
Martinez said he cried and begged for them to stop, and was in pain for about a week after the attack.
The other three men involved received suspended sentences and were ordered to perform community service.
"It was simply one man who happened to be Muslim, assaulting another man, to effect a criminal purpose," Maloney said, according to the Sydney Morning Herald.
To assist in that purpose [Fayad] recruited three young men who had been groomed and duped into believing he was righteous and learned in Islamic law."
Fayed reportedly shook his head and muttered as Maloney handed down his sentence.
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia-pacific/20...
Hey, he converted to Islam. As P.T. Barnum said, "there's a sucker born every minute". He should have read the fine print. It's just like many women who become enamored by Muslim men because they treat them with such respect,and then they find out after they are married how subservient they are REALLY supposed to be. Then, out comes the REAL Islam.

Since: Aug 09

Saint Louis, MO

#736 Jun 14, 2013
TheRealDeal wrote:
The fool is the sheep in denial who blindly follows an evil religion of hate!
The morons are those who praise a pedophile prophet who took a child for a wife!
The damn fool liar is the one who pretends that being muslim is about peace, when we all know the muslims are violent, evil, and islam is full of disgraceful activities, by anyone's standards!
Tell ya what...just go ahead and strap one on, then go misfire it onto yourself you goober! FOOL!
Oh...and try and learn the Quran too!
Bytch, are you talking to me or about me?

Saint Louis, MO

#737 Jun 14, 2013
Seeker wrote:
So Abu Dawud 2150 matches Sahih Muslim 8:3432 perfectly. So I think that these hadiths should be considered authentic. and they BOT CLEARLY refer to Quran 4:24
It matters not what you think. To authenticate a Hadith, one must do scholarly research of the highest academic order and provide proof acceptable to Islamic Scholarship in a general sense. I reject your opinion and what YOU think. YOU are not qualified.

Saint Louis, MO

#738 Jun 14, 2013
Seeker wrote:
And now the next comment is that we are just haters and hate Islam because we are jealous of it. But apparently we don't hate Islam any more than the hadiths and the Quran itself.
No. You are just ignorant and stupid to boot.

Saint Louis, MO

#739 Jun 14, 2013
Savant wrote:
<quoted text>
There can be and has been tension between secular and religious dimension of Black culure; and people can have both tendencies working their lives. Sometimes the tension happened because some Black religionists saw jazz, blues and other secular forms of music as the "devil's" music. Fortunately, most African-Americans were not that rigid.
But African (and Arab) culture is essentially and overwhelmingly theist. Historically, many revolutionaries place a great deal of faith in secularism or even pan-theism. But being foreign and alien to African reality, those ideologies failed the African Nation in the most miserably manner. Subsequently, the new generation of thinkers and theorists have gone back into African history and sought out more authentic African philosophies and values. The Islamist movement of recent years is but one result of the search for authenticity. Islam, believe it or not, like it or not, is viewed as an authentic African philosophy and African religion.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#740 Jun 14, 2013
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
It matters not what you think. To authenticate a Hadith, one must do scholarly research of the highest academic order and provide proof acceptable to Islamic Scholarship in a general sense. I reject your opinion and what YOU think. YOU are not qualified.
Well then why don't you study what is actually called "hadith science" for yourself? Because that's what it's actually called. Why do I have to keep educating you on Islam? Now I have no idea why they use the word "science" because it's not science at all, but that is actually what they choose to call it, for whatever stupid reason that they thought that they had. It's really more like the three stooges attempting chemistry to me, but hey, that's what they decided to call it. So I'll use the correct term.
proudredneck

Sun City, AZ

#741 Jun 14, 2013
well lets take a little different view of all this...after we give the millions of Mexicans their New U.S. Citizen Rights we can send them to Detroit to rebuild the city...the Knee-grows can sit on their front porches and watch the Mexicans clean up and rebuild the city...then the Knee-grows can go back to their city parks and drink some Colt-45 Malt and have some pickled pigs feet...of course that will piss off the Muslims who will come down to the city park and kick the Knee-grows azzes...but hey, Its Detroit so nobody cares !...just git mine food stamps to me on time !

Saint Louis, MO

#742 Jun 14, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then why don't you study what is actually called "hadith science" for yourself? Because that's what it's actually called. Why do I have to keep educating you on Islam?
It does not work that way. It works this way: Islamic scholarship reviews all Hadith. We classify them according to particular subjects of Islamic interest. And we separate out everything that does meet strict requirements of authentication. So 90% of Hadith are rejected before they reach the ears of Muslims. Thus, we study that which has been properly authenticated. I see no reason to study what scholarship has rejected hundreds of years ago.
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>Now I have no idea why they use the word "science" because it's not science at all, but that is actually what they choose to call it, for whatever stupid reason that they thought that they had.
It is science because scientific minds have subjected it to scientific methods over a period of 1400 years already. This issue is not new at all. People have always lied on Islam and on all of the Prophets (Peace and Blessings be upon them all.)
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>It's really more like the three stooges attempting chemistry to me, but hey, that's what they decided to call it. So I'll use the correct term.
For example, science has proven that the earth is round, not flat. So what would be the point of teaching people that earth is flat? That is illogical, inefficient and a waste of time. Likewise in Islam, we do not teach people the lies that have been told against Islam. We teach only that which has been proven to the satisfaction of Islamic Scholarship.
LMAO

Phoenix, AZ

#743 Jun 14, 2013
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason slavery was in Mauritania was because it is French law, not Islamic Law., France as the colonial power in Mauritania until recently. As soon as they gained Independence, they abolished slavery. Or they could have simply implemented Islam Law and that alone would have abolished slavery because Islamic has always been aga8inst slavery.
LMAO

The slave masters are all named mo and abdul, not pierre! You tell yourself whatever lies you need to, if it makes you feel better serving your chosen masters. Your ignorance is intentional, therefore the only question is whether you lack the courage to question your 'faith', or if your only interest in slavery is how it relates to your pocket. I would bet the latter.

The souls of more than 140 million African slaves are cursing you, not only have you denied their suffering, you have denied their very existence.

There are still Africans being used as slaves by arabs today because lazy AA men only care about getting 'paid'. Way to let them all down, uncle mo.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#744 Jun 14, 2013
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
It does not work that way. It works this way: Islamic scholarship reviews all Hadith. We classify them according to particular subjects of Islamic interest. And we separate out everything that does meet strict requirements of authentication. So 90% of Hadith are rejected before they reach the ears of Muslims. Thus, we study that which has been properly authenticated. I see no reason to study what scholarship has rejected hundreds of years ago.
Ummm. 90%? Don't tell me, go tell that to a REAL, EDUCATED Muslim, if there really can be any such thing. But they are certainly more educated about Islam than you are, so don't tell it to me, tell it to them.
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
It is science because scientific minds have subjected it to scientific methods over a period of 1400 years already. This issue is not new at all. People have always lied on Islam and on all of the Prophets (Peace and Blessings be upon them all.)
<quoted text>
For example, science has proven that the earth is round, not flat. So what would be the point of teaching people that earth is flat?
Ummm...Uuhhh, because Muhammad didn't know any better?? Just a guess.
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
That is illogical, inefficient and a waste of time.
Then this author should have been there to stop Muhammad from saying such things.
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
Likewise in Islam, we do not teach people the lies that have been told against Islam. We teach only that which has been proven to the satisfaction of Islamic Scholarship.
Which changes all of the time. New discoveries come out, and another embarrassing hadith gets thrown out. That's the game. Here's a real gem, and it's not repeated in one hadith, but over multiple ones. Are they ALL wrong?

Sahih Al-Bukhari Volume 4, Book 54, Number 421:
Narrated Abu Dharr:
The Prophet asked me at sunset, "Do you know where the sun goes (at the time of sunset)?" I replied, "Allah and His Apostle know better." He said, "It goes (i.e. travels) till it prostrates Itself underneath the Throne and takes the permission to rise again, and it is permitted and then (a time will come when) it will be about to prostrate itself but its prostration will not be accepted, and it will ask permission to go on its course but it will not be permitted, but it will be ordered to return whence it has come and so it will rise in the west. And that is the interpretation of the Statement of Allah:‘And the sun Runs its fixed course for a term (decreed). That is The Decree of (Allah) The Exalted in Might, The All-Knowing.’" (36.38)

Sahih Muslim Book 001, Number 0297:
It is narrated on the authority of Abu Dharr that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) one day said: Do you know where the sun goes? They replied: Allah and His Apostle know best. He (the Holy Prophet) observed: Verily it (the sun) glides till it reaches its resting place under the Throne. Then it falls prostrate and remains there until it is asked: Rise up and go to the place whence you came, and it goes back and continues emerging out from its rising place and then glides till it reaches its place of rest under the Throne and falls prostrate and remains in that state until it is asked: Rise up and return to the place whence you came, and it returns and emerges out from it rising place and the it glides (in such a normal way) that the people do not discern anything (unusual in it) till it reaches its resting place under the Throne. Then it would be said to it: Rise up and emerge out from the place of your setting, and it will rise from the place of its setting. The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said. Do you know when it would happen? It would happen at the time when faith will not benefit one who has not previously believed or has derived no good from the faith.

proudredneck

Sun City, AZ

#745 Jun 14, 2013
Say, there seems to be a lot of 'Muslim' this and 'Muslim' that going on in this blog...who cares ?...I sure do not!...every nation on this planet that has a sizable Muslim population is at war killing someone...either its Muslim killing Muslim or Muslim killing non-Muslims...name one area in this world where this is NOT happening and I will show you a country with a l-o-w Muslim population...Muslims are the scum-bags of the world and hate everything including themselves...their Allah is apparently on vacation or is dead....either way Allah has no use for Muslims since all he wants to do is see them dead...ask any Muslim if they would wear a bomb-vest and kill innocent people in the name of their Great Jihad...a truthful one will say 'yes' a lying one will just expound on the 'Islam is a peaceful cult'...as long as they are in America....we have BIG trouble.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#746 Jun 14, 2013
proudredneck wrote:
we have BIG trouble.
Yes, and they aren't the biggest problem, it's the people who refuse to see them as a problem. The Trojan Horse could not do anything unless there were gullible people willing to open the gate and gladly lead the horse to the middle of town. Muslims are easy to take care of. Sleeping attitudes are not.
proudredneck

Sun City, AZ

#747 Jun 14, 2013
Seeker posted:...'Yes, and they aren't the biggest problem, it's the people who refuse to see them as a problem'...

ahhhhh, just a guess....but could you be referring to Demorats, Liberals, Progressives and Marxists ?...since they seem to be the 'low informed voters' of today...(fresh off the ‘Drudge Report’…’U.S. Marines on the Syrian Border’…just what we need, ANOTHER Bush War…oh, excuse me…Obmama is de President now (or is he?).
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#748 Jun 14, 2013
proudredneck wrote:
Seeker posted:...'Yes, and they aren't the biggest problem, it's the people who refuse to see them as a problem'...
ahhhhh, just a guess....but could you be referring to Demorats, Liberals, Progressives and Marxists ?...since they seem to be the 'low informed voters' of today...(fresh off the ‘Drudge Report’…’U.S. Marines on the Syrian Border’…just what we need, ANOTHER Bush War…oh, excuse me…Obmama is de President now (or is he?).
I am referring to anybody who turns a blind eye, because people don't like conflict, and so they like to pretend it's not there. Churchill referred to Neville Chamberlain, the leader before him who appeased Hitler and made a treaty with him, with the following statement. An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile in hopes that it will eat him last.
proudredneck

Sun City, AZ

#749 Jun 14, 2013
Seeker...you can stop seeking...you have arrived...you speak the 'truth'...only problem is...very few people appreciate the 'truth'...keep the 'faith'...you have a friend out here in Arizona.

Since: Nov 11

Spartanburg, SC

#750 Jun 15, 2013
proudredneck wrote:
well lets take a little different view of all this...after we give the millions of Mexicans their New U.S. Citizen Rights we can send them to Detroit to rebuild the city...the Knee-grows can sit on their front porches and watch the Mexicans clean up and rebuild the city...then the Knee-grows can go back to their city parks and drink some Colt-45 Malt and have some pickled pigs feet...of course that will piss off the Muslims who will come down to the city park and kick the Knee-grows azzes...but hey, Its Detroit so nobody cares !...just git mine food stamps to me on time !
Spoken like a TRUE pot-bellied, overall wearing, tobacco chewing, snuff sniffing redneck. So now you have the gift of prophecy? Or are you just that smart that you can predict the future? Just stay in the backwoods or trailer park with the rest of 'em.

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

#751 Jun 15, 2013
LMAO wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO
The slave masters are all named mo and abdul, not pierre! You tell yourself whatever lies you need to, if it makes you feel better serving your chosen masters. Your ignorance is intentional, therefore the only question is whether you lack the courage to question your 'faith', or if your only interest in slavery is how it relates to your pocket. I would bet the latter.
The souls of more than 140 million African slaves are cursing you, not only have you denied their suffering, you have denied their very existence.
There are still Africans being used as slaves by arabs today because lazy AA men only care about getting 'paid'. Way to let them all down, uncle mo.
Slavemasers have carried names like Pierre or John as well as Abdul.
Frankly, I'm skeptical about those HUGE figures of 140 million Africans reportedly enslaved by Muslim Arabs.
While I consider absurd Abdurratin's claim--despite historical evidence--that millions of Africans were enslaved by Muslims before the European Atlantic slave trade, I'm skeptical of figures like 140 million African slaves, or the claim that 100 million Indians were slain by Muslim invaders.
The population of the world was much smaller a thousand years ago. Had the Muslims carried off as many Africans as some people claimed, or killed as many Indians as some claim, then I think that both Africa and India would have been depopulated; and the Africans and Indians would have become, like Native Americans, a tiny minority in their own homeland.
Millions of people suffered and died at the point of Islamic swords---and, let us not forget, also Christian swords (as suriviors of the Aztecs and Incas might attest).
Let us neither deny the atrocities as does abdurratin, nor inflate the proportions of them for rhetorical effect.

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

#752 Jun 15, 2013
Correction: While I consider absurd Abdurratin's DENIAL that millions of Africans were enslaved by Muslims before the Atlantic slave trade....etc.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#754 Jun 15, 2013
Savant wrote:
Correction: While I consider absurd Abdurratin's DENIAL that millions of Africans were enslaved by Muslims before the Atlantic slave trade....etc.
We knew what you meant, and you are probably correct. But whatever the figures are, the point is that the blame goes around to everyone. Whites, Blacks, Arabs, Christians, Muslims, maybe even Hindus or Buddhists as well (don't know anything about that). The world was such that if you didn't keep developing and stay on your toes, you were waiting to be exploited. It was a cruel world back then. And it didn't matter who was on top. Anybody who was on top would exploit those who weren't. So the victims would have done the same thing if the tables were turned and they were capable of doing so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Rouge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Searching Shae Campbell / Shae Hurd (Sep '15) 8 hr Jim 2
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 11 hr Mike torres 20,504
The top 50 GOP Officials:says Trump Dangerous 22 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 4
Dwan Sims missing 4yr old 1994 cold case doesn'... (Jul '09) Aug 24 Unforgotten Under... 140
Off the Hook Revenge Site Aug 23 Shocking 1
News Detroit Man Charged In Shooting Of 7-Year-Old B... Aug 23 grounded in reality 1
News Making Bicycles in Detroit Is an Uphill Ride Aug 20 TRUMP SARCASM SUCKS 2

River Rouge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

River Rouge Mortgages