Nation of Islam's Louis Farrakhan wants to rebuild Detroit; he'll meet City Council, speak at church

May 15, 2013 Full story: MLive.com 801

Minister Louis Farrakhan, leader of The Nation of Islam, is expected to be in Detroit this week to meet Detroit City Council Members and speak at Fellowship Chapel on the city's west side.

Read more

Since: Aug 09

Saint Louis, MO

#670 Jun 12, 2013
Uncle Miltie wrote:
<quoted text>
oh so it's ok to rape and pillage Europeans?? You sick racist bastard.
F-Europeans. I have other things to worry about such as collecting back pay that was never paid during slavery.
Uncle Miltie wrote:
<quoted text>They did the same to Africans.
Who is "they"? THE WHITE MAN?
Uncle Miltie wrote:
<quoted text>Why would it be any different in the Americas? You are inconsistent in your reasoning.
Idiot you are simply lying. Muslims did not enslave Africans or anybody else. Look at the patterns of te slave trade in Africa, It was all along the Afruican coast from Nigeria to Ethiopia. But when it got to Muslim countries such as Morocco and Somalia, it stopped. Somali was never involved in the slave trade. Morocco was never involved.
Uncle Miltie wrote:
<quoted text>I bet deep inside you want to cast off this whole Islam nonsense, you know its repressive and holding you back.
I want to do exactly what I did do, reject the white man's racist Protestant Christianity. I prefer Catholicism to Protestantism because Protestantism is the origin of racism, specifically German Lutheranism and British Presbyterianism and Baptism.

The Catholics are not racist like the Protestants are.

Uncle Miltie wrote:
<quoted text>You know you on the verge of sayin fcck it, and buying a 40 ounce and going off the local pig pickin
I am on the verge of saying fcck you.

Since: Aug 09

Saint Louis, MO

#671 Jun 12, 2013
Sinajuavi wrote:
<quoted text>
Progress! LOL!!!
It's been downhill ever since the Muz first arrived in all the countries they've turned into cultural wastelands.
Why is it, Abdul, every time we speak of Islam you start going off on Christianity and/or Hinduism? Deflecting? Diverting attention? Attempting to avoid the dirty truth about Islamoimperialism? It would seem so.
The Koran proceeded from the schizophrenic perverted megalomaniac mind of Mohambone the goathumper. Get a grip on reality, please.
Black Pastors Say Gay Marriage Hijacks Civil Rights Movement

Tell us what you think at the bottom of this story

(Memphis) In Midtown, more than a dozen African-American ministers stepped off their pulpits to stand behind a podium and denounce President Obama’s support of same-sex marriage.

The ministers are part of the Coalition of African-American Pastors in Tennessee.

Rev. William Owens is the founder and president of the coalition,“We do want the President of the United States to rescind his position on endorsing same-sex marriages. We stand for marriage between a man and a woman. Some would like to call it a civil right, but no right is a civil right if it’s not square with God.”

The pastors say the same-sex marriage debate is hijacking the Civil Rights Movement.

Owens said,“The homosexual community has taken the Civil Rights Movement and hijacked it stating that it is the same thing. I was in the Civil Rights Movement and I can tell you I did not march one inch, one foot, one yard, one mile for same-sex marriage”

Bishop Felton Smith is on the Board of Bishops with the Church of God In Christ,”We’re not here as haters and bashers of the gay community. We’re just here to say your contentions are not legitimate.”

Rev. Dwight Montgomery heads the Memphis chapter of the Southern Christian Leadership Council,“It’s not ordinary for a man to be with a man or a woman with a woman. God created animals, they know their place. Men and women should know their place, as well.”

Will Batts is the executive director of the Memphis Gay and Lesbian Community Center.

He welcomes President Obama’s decision to announce his support for same-sex marriage,“I’m glad that he (President Obama) came out in support of gay people being married. That’s a big deal.”

Batts said he’s disappointed with the position of some religious leaders,“This is really not about telling other people how to believe or to live their lives. It’s really talking about access to equality, access to all those rights and benefits that people get when they’re married.”

The pastors won’t say if President Obama’s same-sex marriage opinion will be an election year liability for support in the black community and black church, but they say they hope he’ll at least listen to them.

Owens said,“We’re not saying we not going to vote for him or we’re going to vote for him, but we just want our voice to heard, just like the homosexuals.”

Batts said,“I think the people who don’t support President Obama don’t support him for a lot of different reasons. I don’t think this will be the one deciding factor.”

The pastors have launched a signature petition drive in hopes of getting President Obama’s attention.

They’re encouraging people to visit the website called 100000signatures4marriage.com .

http://caapus.org/black-pastors-say-gay-marri...

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

#672 Jun 12, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Secular just means separation of church and state, and in Christianity, this is allowed for, regardless of what the Catholic Church did in the past.
<quoted text>
They ARE heretics. The Quran is a very clear book and spells it all out for them.
<quoted text>
15 Then the Pharisees went out and laid plans to trap him in his words. 16 They sent their disciples to him along with the Herodians.“Teacher,” they said,“we know that you are a man of integrity and that you teach the way of God in accordance with the truth. You aren’t swayed by others, because you pay no attention to who they are. 17 Tell us then, what is your opinion? Is it right to pay the imperial tax[a] to Caesar or not?” 18 But Jesus, knowing their evil intent, said,“You hypocrites, why are you trying to trap me? 19 Show me the coin used for paying the tax.” They brought him a denarius, 20 and he asked them,“Whose image is this? And whose inscription?” 21 “Caesar’s,” they replied. Then he said to them,“So give back to Caesar what is Caesar’s, and to God what is God’s.”
<quoted text>
Well you ARE confusing Atheism with secularism when you said that black people are moving from Christianity to secularism. All that secularism means is separation of Church and State. It has nothing to do with someone's religious beliefs, and whether they have religious beliefs or not.
As far as Muslims being secularists, Islam is a very specific religion. And it isn't just a religion, it is thought of as a complete way of life, involving Politics and Law as well. Any Muslim educated on Islam will tell you that. There is no separation of Religion and Politics and Law, these are deeply ingrained into the religion itself. And it could be said that it is actually more Political and Legal than it is Religious. This is why it needs to be reclassified in the US as the Political movement. There is no such thing as the will of the people in Islam, there is only the will of God. And when God's law is not the law of the land, they are required to do whatever it takes to make it the law of the land.
People need to start becoming more educated on Islam to understand the threat to freedom and Democracy that it actually is. And the ironic part, is that it is the Atheists, such as you, and the Agnostics, who usually know the least about Islam and see no threat, who are the ones that Islam will treat the WORST if it gains power. Muhammad merely conquered Christians and Jews so that they fall under Islamic rule and had to pay a penalty tax called the Jizyah, which really amounted to humiliating them for not becoming Muslim, and to outright extortion where the leaders could set the Jizyah rate at whatever percentage they wanted to or felt they needed to.
But with the pagans or anybody that didn't believe in God, and particularly, monotheism, it was essentially, convert or die. So why would we expect Muslims to do anything different than what Muhammad did? They are commanded to follow his actions as the best of examples for all time. And if they don't, they are heretics who deny what the Quran clearly says and what Muhammad clearly did. Just because they have no ability to do this right now, doesn't mean that it is not in the back of their minds. It HAS to be, or they are not real Muslims but rather heretics
The first problem is your narrow definition of secularism as merely separation of church and state. That's certainly as aspect of modern secularism, but doesn't exhaust the meaning(s) of secularism. Secularism entails nonreligious values, ideas and spheres of personal and social existence. Some definition of secularism (Webster) is: 1."secular spirit or tendency, esp a system of social or political philosophy that rejects all forms of religion and worship. 2.the view that public education and other matters of CIVIL POLICY should be conducted without the influence of religious beliefs."

Since: Mar 13

kaiserslautern, Germany

#673 Jun 12, 2013
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
F-Europeans. I have other things to worry about such as collecting back pay that was never paid during slavery.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Idiot you are simply lying. Muslims did not enslave Africans or anybody else. Look at the patterns of te slave trade in Africa, It was all along the Afruican coast from Nigeria to Ethiopia. But when it got to Muslim countries such as Morocco and Somalia, it stopped. Somali was never involved in the slave trade. Morocco was never involved.
<quoted text>
I want to do exactly what I did do, reject the white man's racist Protestant Christianity. I prefer Catholicism to Protestantism because Protestantism is the origin of racism, specifically German Lutheranism and British Presbyterianism and Baptism.
<quoted text>
[Muslims did not enslave Africans or anybody else]

You deserve at least 40 lashes for that lie, and to sleep with the dirty boots of a pig farmer placed on your face!

[By the 14th century, an overwhelming number of slaves came from sub-Saharan Africa, leading to prejudice against black people in the works of several Arabic historians and geographers. For example, the Egyptian historian Al-Abshibi (1388–1446) wrote: "It is said that when the [black] slave is sated, he fornicates, when he is hungry, he steals."

The African continent was bled of its human resources via all possible routes. Across the Sahara, through the Red Sea, from the Indian Ocean ports and across the Atlantic. At least ten centuries of slavery for the benefit of the Muslim countries (from the ninth to the nineteenth)." He continues: "Four million slaves exported via the Red Sea, another four million through the Swahili ports of the Indian Ocean, perhaps as many as nine million along the trans-Saharan caravan route.]
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#674 Jun 12, 2013
Uncle Miltie wrote:
<quoted text>
'Majority of the fuel in hell'! Just great. Why doesn't the media mention this, instead of trying to pretend Islam is respectable and only a small number of fanatics are terrorists?
Because the media thinks that to confront it will be ugly, so instead they appease it. It's like to say, hey, don't protest against us to ruin our popularity or don't bomb us, we LOVE and understand Islam, go protest against or bomb someone else. It's like what Churchill said about Chamberlain, the appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile in hopes that it will eat him last.

Do you want to see how respected, major American news channel ABC news is even complicit in this ongoing scam? Watch the following very entertaining vid. And it's ALL true and happening right before everyone's sleeping eyes. And then, the worst part is that Muslims accuse the media as working against them, when they are actually working FOR them. The media is so stupid that they think that they can reinvent Islam to make it palatable so as to avoid conflict, and this is happening right before everyone's very own sleeping eyes. And they even get a woman to say these things without a hijab to repaint Islam as not treating women as second class people. It's a 10 minute vid, but it is true, very entertaining and well worth your time if you really want to see what is going on underneath the covers.

TheRealDeal

Farmington, MI

#675 Jun 12, 2013
Panafrican wrote:
<quoted text>

If you buy your car today, insurance companies will ask for a previous 6-month continuous insurance policy before quoting you to a reasonable rate. If you don't, it will be like you committed a crime, they will charge you at least $350 for a down payment and at least $245 monthly. Does this make sense at all?????????
You are confused with the insurance in Detroit.

Your statements are false everywhere else in the state.

By the way, the economy in Michigan (-Detroit) is fine and no different than anywhere else. So much of the states tax dollars are going to Detroit is really pathetic, and subsequently robs tax dollars from all the other communities!

No one except hipsters and the gritty early twenty year olds who think they are gonna save the world...give a shitt about Detroit. Lord knows the blacks that have taken over the city and used up every recourse without giving anything back, could give a ratsass about the city THEY destroyed.

Its interesting that more dollars per kid is spent for education than anywhere else in the state, and yet the little thugs can't barely graduate elementary!
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#676 Jun 12, 2013
Savant wrote:
<quoted text>
The first problem is your narrow definition of secularism as merely separation of church and state. That's certainly as aspect of modern secularism, but doesn't exhaust the meaning(s) of secularism. Secularism entails nonreligious values, ideas and spheres of personal and social existence. Some definition of secularism (Webster) is: 1."secular spirit or tendency, esp a system of social or political philosophy that rejects all forms of religion and worship. 2.the view that public education and other matters of CIVIL POLICY should be conducted without the influence of religious beliefs."
Definition number 2 seems more accurate. If definition 1 is true, then how does a secular society allow so many different religions to exist and practice religion? As I said before, secularism does not disavow religion, it leaves it alone and says that the decisions it makes will have nothing to do with religion. An example of true rejection of it would be Marxism. You seem like a bright guy who reads a lot but might still be in his teenage years. But have you gone to any really good University yet? If so, which one?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#677 Jun 12, 2013
By the way "Savant". anybody that really knows anything would never be foolish enough to give themselves a self complimentary screen name. Just a tip.
TheRealDeal

Farmington, MI

#679 Jun 12, 2013
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>

You sound like a first rate buffoon in denial!

You talk gibberish, and appear to be defending Islam, although your skills of articulation are lacking and difficult to understand!

Mideastern Muslims look at blacks as slaves, in fact the Arab word for black is "slave".

Over 28 Million Africans have been enslaved in the Muslim world during the past 14 centuries.
You hear a lot about the Transatlantic slave trade, surprisingly little attention has been given to the Islamic slave trade across the Sahara, the Red Sea and the Indian Ocean.

Also talking about your anti-white rants...its time to wake up and smell reality.
It's estimated that possibly as many as 11 million Africans were transported across the Atlantic (95% of which went to South and Central America, mainly to Portuguese, Spanish and French possessions. Only 5% of the slaves went to the United States).

Maybe get your priorities (and anger) directed in the right places.
Ill-informed fools such as yourself, seem to know one thing...how to pound on your chest, drag your knuckles, and make a lot of incoherent noise!

Again...While the European involvement in the Transatlantic slave trade to the Americas lasted for just over three centuries, the Arab involvement in the slave trade has lasted fourteen centuries, and in some parts of the Muslim world is still continuing to this day.

Maybe read a book!
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#680 Jun 12, 2013
TheRealDeal wrote:
<quoted text>You sound like a first rate buffoon in denial!
That's the first time anybody has ever called him first rate. Even when he mops the floors, they correct his work.

Since: Nov 11

Spartanburg, SC

#681 Jun 12, 2013
"Mideastern Muslims look at blacks as slaves, in fact the Arab word for black is "slave"." Hilarious.

Or like how the English word for slave came from Eastern European Slavs, or Slavic people.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#682 Jun 12, 2013
Darkjaemess wrote:
Allahur Akbar!
Islam will prevail among black people. Muslims make up about 6% of the population in the United States. The majority of conversions to this growing religion is occurring within the African-American community.
African-Americans knows that Christianity are the White man's religion and conversion to Islam is the same as recovering our ethnic heritage. Even because 30% of slaves brought to America were Muslims and Allah is another name of the Pan-African supreme God Olorun worshipped by all Africans peoples with variant names as well.
First of all I hate all religions and I say our people should throw them all in the garbage. But I do feel like America will lose cities and states to others and Islam may in fact be one of those others. But Muslims will have to be on guard at all times or else the Christians will run you out of America.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#683 Jun 12, 2013
TheRealDeal wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe read a book!
He did, he read half of the Quran and blindly converted. Not sure if that counts as a real book, but it IS ink on paper at least.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#684 Jun 12, 2013
sassyntrashy wrote:
<quoted text>First of all I hate all religions and I say our people should throw them all in the garbage. But I do feel like America will lose cities and states to others and Islam may in fact be one of those others. But Muslims will have to be on guard at all times or else the Christians will run you out of America.
The funny thing that you don't know is that if Islam came to power, they would treat YOUR kind the WORST. That's what cracks me up. So you better hope Christians do the dirty work for your lazy arss because Christians will be treated a lot better than you will if Islam comes to power because at least they believe in God, and Muslims would give them a break for that. But it's ignorant, sleeping people such as yourself that will sleep while Islam slowly gains more and more influence. And ironically, it's the sleeping people such as yourself that will get it the worst. Why don't you go study what Islam is about before you give your opinions s if you know anything about the subject?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#685 Jun 12, 2013
Panafrican wrote:
<quoted text> and they do not smoke marijuana as well.
Well that sucks even worse, right?

Location hidden

#686 Jun 12, 2013
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Rotten Islamoliar.

Muz slavers took more slaves out of Africa than the Euros did. And they facilitated the Euro trade in many ways.

And Arabs maintained slave plantations on the islands offshore of East Africa.

You Muz lie and lie and lie...

Location hidden

#687 Jun 12, 2013
LOL at Abdul now deflecting to gay marriage.

Many Native American ethnic groups included gay people in their gender systems, and their roles were accepted.

This is America, so get with the program.

Take your Islamobigotry and shove it.
TheRealDeal

Farmington, MI

#688 Jun 12, 2013
Kallark27 wrote:
"Mideastern Muslims look at blacks as slaves, in fact the Arab word for black is "slave"." Hilarious.
Or like how the English word for slave came from Eastern European Slavs, or Slavic people.
Muhammad began to take slaves after he moved to Medina, and had power. Slaves were usually taken in raids on nearby Arab tribes, or war, either through offensive or defensive actions. Islam allows the taking of slaves as "booty", or reward for fighting. This has led to numerous "jihads" by Muslim states and tribes to attack other non-Muslim groups and obtain slaves.

Muslims were enslaving black Africans long before any slave ships sailed for the New World. Muslims were taking and making slaves all over the lands they had conquered. Later, when slave ships were loaded with black slaves, often, a Muslim slave broker had the human cargo all ready to go. American slavers rarely had to go into inland to capture slaves, they were already waiting there, courtesy of some Muslim ruler, and/or slave broker! In many cases, if the black slaves were not sent to the New World, they were sent to the Mideast to be enslaved by Arabs, or kept by other black Muslims as slaves.

The Quran justifies slavery, and often mentions slaves.

Slavery is one of the oldest trades known to man. All races and all civilizations have practiced it: China, India, Arabs, Africa and in the Americas. All peoples have made slaves of their own and enslaved other peoples. And White Europeans are no exception. Julius Caesar was said to have enslaved one million White Gauls for the Roman Empire.

In fact, the word “slave” comes from the word “Slav”, a name that came to be used because the Slavic people were a favorite choice for Mongol, Khazar, Arab and indeed White slave traders.

The Muslims were perhaps the world’s biggest enslavers, an estimated 19 million people becoming the victims of Islamic slavery. Their slave trade ran for far longer than that of the Europeans. Muslims enslaved both Black African and White European alike.

Africa itself also had its own domestic and international slave trade long before the appearance of the Europeans.
LMAO

Phoenix, AZ

#689 Jun 12, 2013
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
LOL

Not only did the arabs begin the african slave trade far earlier than whitey, they also continued it for far longer. Did you know that 600,000 of your african brothers and sisters are still slaves to the arabs TODAY. Yep, you heard right. Your precious arabs are still enslaving africans today. That includes the islamic beatings of course!

So you keep defending the arabs that laugh at your stupidity. Keep kvetching for money that you didn't earn, while your african brothers and sisters are still suffering.

Muslim Statistics (Slavery)
http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Muslim_Statistics_-...

Officially, slavery has long been abolished in Mauritania, but the law has never been enforced and there are an estimated 600,000 slaves, almost one in five of the country's 3.2 million people, almost 150 years since the American civil war.

Change will come too late to heal Mrs Sayed's ruined life. But she knows that victory for Mr Boulkheir could transform the future for the daughter and grandchildren whom she had to leave behind in captivity when she finally summoned the courage to escape.

A black African of Mauritania's Haratine caste, she was born into slavery about 40 years ago - she is illiterate and has only a hazy idea of time - and grew up as the property of an Arabic-speaking Berber family, in an oasis town deep in the desert.

While her master's children went to school, she was cooking, cleaning and washing from dawn to dusk. She slept on the floor, and suffered beatings.
Slave-holding has been abolished three times, first by the country's former French overlords and then twice by different rulers of the independent state, most recently in 2007. But the law has never been enforced and no slave owner has ever been prosecuted.
Centuries of indoctrination have persuaded the Sahara's captives that slavery is religiously ordained - slaves are taught that if they run away they will be barred from heaven. As a local saying puts it: "Paradise is under your master's foot." In some remote places a runaway will still be hunted down by nomad masters.
A Berber driver, who would only give his first name, Mohammed, defended slavery. "It is our religion and custom," he said.
"Why does the international community try to stop it? The slaves are better off with their masters. This is their fate. When they leave, they starve."[4]
LMAO

Phoenix, AZ

#690 Jun 12, 2013
http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Muslim_Statistics_-...

A comparison of the Islamic slave trade to the American slave trade reveals some interesting contrasts. While two out of every three slaves shipped across the Atlantic were men, the proportions were reversed in the Islamic slave trade. Two women for every man were enslaved by the Muslims.

While the mortality rate for slaves being transported across the Atlantic was as high as 10%, the percentage of slaves dying in transit in the Trans Sahara and East African slave trade was between 80 and 90%!

While almost all the slaves shipped across the Atlantic were for agricultural work, most of the slaves destined for the Muslim Middle East were for sexual exploitation as concubines, in harems, and for military service.

While many children were born to slaves in the Americas, and millions of their descendants are citizens in Brazil and the USA to this day, very few descendants of the slaves that ended up in the Middle East survive.

While most slaves who went to the Americas could marry and have families, most of the male slaves destined for the Middle East were castrated, and most of the children born to the women were killed at birth.

It is estimated that possibly as many as 11 million Africans were transported across the Atlantic (95% of which went to South and Central America, mainly to Portuguese, Spanish and French possessions. Only 5% of the slaves went to the United States).
However, at least 28 million Africans were enslaved in the Muslim Middle East. As at least 80% of those captured by Muslim slave traders were calculated to have died before reaching the slave markets, it is believed that the death toll from the 14 centuries of Muslim slave raids into Africa could have been over 112 million. When added to the number of those sold in the slave markets, the total number of African victims of the Trans Saharan and East African slave trade could be significantly higher than 140 million people.
Female captives were sexually abused in palace harems and others were held as hostages and bargained for ransom. "The most unlucky ended up stuck and forgotten out in the desert, in some sleepy town such as Suez, or in Turkish Sultanate galleys, where some slaves rowed for decades without ever setting foot on shore." Professor Davis estimates that up to 1,25 million Europeans were enslaved by Muslim slave raiders between 1500 to 1800.

You know abdurratin, all you have to do is a little research, this is all historical fact. But you keep defending your arab masters!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Rouge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do Jews want to whack Obama ? 9 min Skeeter 1
Poke a Dot 23 min Guido 09 1
motorcity punishers lemc 5 hr Harley187 5
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 12 hr Save you lives 19,719
Rexella Van Impe's 15 facelifts a SIN (Jul '13) 22 hr Irishjen7 25
News MADD and Fieger react to drunk driving pardon Sat Steve 1
News Supporters Pay Respects For Two Detroit Childre... Sat reality is a crutch 1
River Rouge Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

River Rouge People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]