Nation of Islam's Louis Farrakhan wan...

Nation of Islam's Louis Farrakhan wants to rebuild Detroit; he'll meet City Council, speak at church

There are 801 comments on the MLive.com story from May 15, 2013, titled Nation of Islam's Louis Farrakhan wants to rebuild Detroit; he'll meet City Council, speak at church. In it, MLive.com reports that:

Minister Louis Farrakhan, leader of The Nation of Islam, is expected to be in Detroit this week to meet Detroit City Council Members and speak at Fellowship Chapel on the city's west side.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MLive.com.

Seeker

Lowell, MA

#189 May 22, 2013
The part that's a shame is that you can pump all the money in the world into people, but if they aren't educated and have little character, it won't do a single bit of good. If you pump money into a ghetto, and they all have nice new things, then they will start to steal these nice things from each other. Now there are more things to steal. Look at all of the money drug dealers have? And it solves no problems and instead creates far more problems. Education and a sense of character are the only answers. Even a sense of community is not really necessary, only education and a personal sense of character. That's where it all starts.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#190 May 22, 2013
Panafrican wrote:
<quoted text>
we found a book on Math and we are still waiting for somebody to
1. give the proof of the Fermat Principle
2.Discuss the usefulness of Coderivatives in the sense of Rockafellar ( not rockeffeler !)
3. Prove Golbatch's conjecture ( Every even integer greater than can be expressed as the sum of two primes.
The conjecture has been shown to hold up through 4 × 1018 [2] and is generally assumed to be true, but remains unproven despite considerable effort).
4. Clearly define the nature of light, not the duality (wave-particle) of light.
I'll do that when you prove you didn't merely google this.

Here's a simple question. How long do objects stay in motion after they are in motion? How many hours or days or years?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#191 May 22, 2013
Panafrican wrote:
<quoted text>
2.Discuss the usefulness of Coderivatives in the sense of Rockafellar ( not rockeffeler !
Oh, and BTW, you spelled Rockefeller the wrong way. It doesn't have two Fs, it has two Ls. You should have googled that as well, genius.
Panafrican

Wixom, MI

#192 May 22, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll do that when you prove you didn't merely google this.
Here's a simple question. How long do objects stay in motion after they are in motion? How many hours or days or years?
The question you asked is not well-defined.
Please check the definition of well-definedness in epistemology. You may need to read Rene Descartes,Kierkegaard and Russel,even Kant ( because if we do give you a slight definition it is possible you talk about Google.)

After that go read something about Newton ,Lagrange and Hamilton
you will learn more about your pack of crack that stays in motion for sometime after you threw it away when police was closing in.

Have a nice day.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#193 May 22, 2013
Panafrican wrote:
<quoted text>
Please check the definition of well-definedness in epistemology. You may need to read Rene Descartes,Kierkegaard and Russel,even Kant ( because if we do give you a slight definition it is possible you talk about Google.)
you will learn more about your pack of crack that stays in motion for sometime after you threw it away when police was closing in.
Have a nice day.
If you understood anything about Physics, which you claimed to understand based on your questions, you would have understood my question right away. It's the most simple Physics question that anybody can ask.

But do me a favor, since I don't claim to be a Physicist like apparently you are claiming to be, due to the nature of your questions posed to me, why don't you simply tell me your answers to those questions? You asked me to answer, so surely you can as well and that's not the least bit unfair of me to ask.

The ball is in your court. I await your excuses.
Moses Kestenbaum ODA

New York, NY

#194 May 22, 2013
Farrakhan only steals and destroys . Farrakhan doesn't give a dam about Detroit or the hundred thousand Humgry. Black people in Detroit . Farrakhan is a curse that god have us all to realize what a cursed human looks and acts like
Panafrican

United States

#195 May 25, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
If you understood anything about Physics, which you claimed to understand based on your questions, you would have understood my question right away. It's the most simple Physics question that anybody can ask.
But do me a favor, since I don't claim to be a Physicist like apparently you are claiming to be, due to the nature of your questions posed to me, why don't you simply tell me your answers to those questions? You asked me to answer, so surely you can as well and that's not the least bit unfair of me to ask.
I talked about well-definedness because you did not state whether or not here is another exterior force acting on the pack of crack you threw away, you did not state either at which angle with respect to the horizonatal direction the object was thrown.
Anyway let's take a simple model because this might be what you are thinking about.
Here are the conditions for a simple ( somewhat well-defined ) model

H1. The mass of the object you threw remains constant in time, we are in the domain of classical mechanics.
H2. The only exterior force acting on your object is gravity.
H3. The initial velocity ( speed and direction ) is V at an angle B with respect to the horizontal line
H4. The path of your object remains in the cartesian plane ( Cartesian came from Descartes a former military and mathematician)
H5. You are a fixed point on Earth( not moving ).
H6. the position in space of the spot from which the object was thrown are ( h, k ) in the cartesian plane of the path of the object, and we start our clock from zero (at initial time) at the very moment when the object is being thrown. The time unit is second
H7 Everything else is fixed.

Question: How long this pack would remain in the air?
and how do we find this amount of time? The last question is the most interesting one.
Here is the procedure.

Step 1. Use the fundamental principle of dynamics(one of Newton's three laws). Stated verbally this principle goes like this
The sum vector of all exterior forces acting on a object is equal to its mass times its acceleration
Mathematically F= ma

step2.Because the path of the object remains in a cartesian plane the equation is from step 1.
Fx = max
Fy = may
where Fx ands ax are respectively the horizontal components of the sum vector and the acceleration.

FY and ay are respectively the vertical components of the sum vector and acceleration.

step3. based on H1, H2 and H4 in the hypothesis section we have:
3.1) ax = 0 because gravity acts vertically.( You could desagree but this is a postulate in classical mechanics)

3.2) ay=-g where g = 9.8 m/ square second i.e. g=-9.8m/s/s
" m for meter " and " s for second ".

step4
4.1) Vx= VCosB From step 3.1 and H3
4.2) Vy =-gt + VSinB from step 3.2 and H3.

Notes Vx = horizontal component of the velocity
and Vy = vertical component of the velocity
CosB = cosine of angle B
SinB = sine of angle B

Step5
5.1) X ( the horizontal component of the position of the object )=(VCosB)t + h
why ?
Answer: use antiderive and use Step 4.1 and H.6
5.2)
Y ( the vertical component of the position of the object )= 0.5g( t square)+(VSinB)t + K
Why ?
Answer: Position is the antiderivative of velocity, and we also use H.6
where are we heading to ?
Answer: we found the position of the object in the plane. We want to know how long it remains it the air.

step6 Notice that Y is actually the height of the object at time t.

The equation of the height is
Y= 0.5g times( t squared)+(VSinB)t + K .
When the object reaches the ground the Height Y =0
Thus we solve equation 0.5g times( t squared)+(VSinB)t + K =0
It is a quadratic equation,the graph of Y is a parabola.You can solve by graphing or using the quadratic formula.

For a simpler model set k=0 the answer in this case is
t =(VsinB)/g
Panafrican

United States

#196 May 25, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I talked about well-definedness because you did not state whether or not here is another exterior force acting on the pack of crack you threw away, you did not state either at which angle with respect to the horizonatal direction the object was thrown.
Anyway let's take a simple model because this might be what you are thinking about.
Here are the conditions for a simple ( somewhat well-defined ) model

H1. The mass of the object you threw remains constant in time, we are in the domain of classical mechanics.

H2. The only exterior force acting on your object is gravity.

H3. The initial velocity ( speed and direction ) is V at an angle B with respect to the horizontal line

H4. The path of your object remains in the cartesian plane ( Cartesian came from Descartes a former military and mathematician)
H5. You are a fixed point on Earth( not moving ).

H6. the position in space of the spot from which the object was thrown are ( h, k ) in the cartesian plane of the path of the object, and we start our clock from zero (at initial time) at the very moment when the object is being thrown. The time unit is second.

H7 Everything else is fixed.

Question: How long this pack would remain in the air?
and how do we find this amount of time? The last question is the most interesting one.
Here is the procedure.

Step 1. Use the fundamental principle of dynamics(one of Newton's three laws). Stated verbally this principle goes like this
The sum vector of all exterior forces acting on a object is equal to its mass times its acceleration
Mathematically F= ma

step2.Because the path of the object remains in a cartesian plane the equation is from step 1.
Fx = max
Fy = may
where Fx ands ax are respectively the horizontal components of the sum vector and the acceleration.
FY and ay are respectively the vertical components of the sum vector and acceleration.

step3. based on H1, H2 and H4 and H7 in the hypothesis section we have:
3.1) ax = 0 because gravity acts vertically.( You could desagree but this is a postulate in classical mechanics)

3.2) ay=-g where g = 9.8 m/ square second i.e. g=-9.8m/s/s
" m for meter " and " s for second ".
step4

4.1) Vx= VCosB From step 3.1 and H3 and H7
4.2) Vy =-gt + VSinB from step 3.2 and H3 and H7

Notes Vx = horizontal component of the velocity
and Vy = vertical component of the velocity
CosB = cosine of angle B
SinB = sine of angle B

Step5
5.1) X ( the horizontal component of the position of the object )=(VCosB)t + h
why ?
Answer: use antiderive and use Step 4.1 and H.6
5.2)
Y ( the vertical component of the position of the object )= 0.5g( t square)+(VSinB)t + K

Why ?
Answer: Position is the antiderivative of velocity, and we also use H.6 and H7

where are we heading to ?
Answer: we found the position of the object in the plane. We want to know how long it remains it the air.

step6 Notice that Y is actually the height of the object at time t.
The equation of the height is
Y= 0.5g times( t squared)+(VSinB)t + K .

When the object reaches the ground the Height Y =0
Thus we solve equation 0.5g times( t squared)+(VSinB)t + K =0

It is a quadratic equation,the graph of Y is a parabola.

You can solve by graphing(Using Ti-84) or using the quadratic formula.
For a simplified model set k=0 the answer in this case is
t=(2VsinB)/g

Have a nice day.
reality is a crutch

Nashua, NH

#197 May 25, 2013
Panafrican wrote:
<quoted text>
2.Discuss the usefulness of Coderivatives in the sense of Rockafellar ( not rockeffeler !)
3. Prove Golbatch's conjecture ( Every even integer greater than can be expressed as the sum of two primes.
The conjecture has been shown to hold up through 4 × 1018 [2] and is generally assumed to be true, but remains unproven despite considerable effort).
4. Clearly define the nature of light, not the duality (wave-particle) of light.
So who read the book to you??
They don't publish that material in ebonics.

We have jumped ahead to mastering ways to change, alter the speed of light which we can do now, and bending light for military defense purposes.

Better have some on read more to you so you can catch up, get up to speed on the subject, get into the realm of reality
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#198 May 25, 2013
Panafrican wrote:
<quoted text>
Have a nice day.
You learn that fancy talk in prison, boy?
Faithless

Pendergrass, GA

#199 May 25, 2013
Where did you get that mouth Faith? I thought you were too busy being a racist beetch to others. Or maybe you were too busy on your back with your legs wide open watching all the roaches and rats crawl out from between that roach motel snatch you call a sex organ.
Panafrican

United States

#200 May 25, 2013
Faith wrote:
<quoted text>You learn that fancy talk in prison, boy?
You mean you were in county jail ???

Since: Aug 09

Saint Louis, MO

#201 May 25, 2013
He3heheheh Hhaqhahahaha. Whew!!! hatoneis FUNNY. Itshould win a a Garmmmy as te funniest lie of the cetury. Wow! I means FARAKGHAN wants to "REBUILD" something other than his own ego. BOY!!! tat is a a funn joke. Icannot stop laughigat it.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#202 May 25, 2013
Panafrican wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, I asked you the most basic Physics question anybody could ask anyone. It's called Newton's first law of motion and you should have recognized it right away and even gave it it's proper title. You are what's called a "poser". I suggested that people read more engineering, accounting, computer science and other books, and the first thing you try to come out with is some of the most abstract aspects of Physics that someone could. That was the first clue that you are merely a "poser". I never suggested that people should read more Physics because there are very little jobs for that, but you didn't understand what I was saying and your "poser" google research exposed that.

And you even mentioned Newton in your post, and yet you never even recognized his first law of motion when asked to you. Any Physics 101 student would have recognized this right away and would have said that an object stays in motion forever unless there is a force to stop it, and would have even been able to quote the author of this idea and the actual law of the author. Instead, you asked a whole bunch of questions to me. My question was a setup to see whether you were the real thing, or a google "poser", and you failed miserably.

You remind me of the kid that tells his teacher that Martians ate his homework and the kid can't figure out why his teacher doesn't believe him. I'm sure you will have all sorts of "no fair" complaints about this, but any real Physicist or even any Physics 101 student would have answered this immediately and even quoted who created this law. And that's EXACTLY why I asked you this question, in order to expose your clear attempt at deception and misrepresentation of yourself. And again, you failed miserably, poser. You can google anything that you want, but you don't even have any common sense to see what I was clearly doing.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#203 May 25, 2013
By the way, again, you should have googled Rockefeller before you spelled it rockeffeler, genius. You got Rockafeller right because you copied and pasted it, but when it came to Rockefeller, you flubbed it and I could tell because Rockafeller had a capital letter in the beginning, which leads me to believe you copied and pasted it, but rockeffeler wasn't capitalized, which lead me to believe that you yourself were spelling it rather than copying and pasting it. And you know advanced Physics? BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Silly fool.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#204 May 25, 2013
Oh, by the way, mister philosopher. Why should anybody think that they exist? That's a very easy question as well that any philosophy 101 student can answer.

Sinajuavi

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#205 May 25, 2013
Seeker wrote:
The part that's a shame is that you can pump all the money in the world into people, but if they aren't educated and have little character, it won't do a single bit of good. If you pump money into a ghetto, and they all have nice new things, then they will start to steal these nice things from each other. Now there are more things to steal. Look at all of the money drug dealers have? And it solves no problems and instead creates far more problems. Education and a sense of character are the only answers. Even a sense of community is not really necessary, only education and a personal sense of character. That's where it all starts.
Definitely. We should all be demanding that the schools of the USA become functional and productive, which they are currently NOT in many instances, especially in poorer areas.

EDUCATION! Yes!
Max

Montréal, Canada

#206 May 25, 2013
Sinajuavi wrote:
<quoted text>
Definitely. We should all be demanding that the schools of the USA become functional and productive, which they are currently NOT in many instances, especially in poorer areas.
EDUCATION! Yes!
No. Education will lead to intelligence, and that will result is a harder to fool population. The USA has a lot of war to wage ahead of them.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#207 May 25, 2013
Sinajuavi wrote:
<quoted text>
EDUCATION! Yes!
But what does it take to fix it? More money into more poor school systems? Where would that money be going? Down the drain? "Social Engineers" have already tried such things. Will more money solve the problem or will the zero dollar concept of personal responsibility and character fix it? You can't pump money into an empty hole, but if a real structure of personal responsibility goes into something real where the parents are on board, 10 dollars can turn into millions, and they will get that. Jesus said, he who has some, will be given multitudes more. He who has nothing, will have it taken away and receive nothing. He was talking about personal character.

Like Jesus said, do not give a man a fish, teach him how to fish. But if someone is not willing to learn how to fish, even that effort will be wasted. It all starts with the person themselves, or in this case, their parents. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink it. No real change happens until it comes from the person themselves. The solutions to problems comes from the person themselves first, and then maybe the outside world might change.

I remember a very wise statement, that doesn't necessarily relate directly to this discussion, but it relates in a very general way.

If you want peace in the world, do not try to carpet the whole of the world, for it is much easier to put on slippers.

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

#208 May 25, 2013
Sinajuavi wrote:
<quoted text>
Cocaine and heroin were widely used by plenty of white people before they were made illegal, and afterward. I cannot accept your consistent blaming of ONLY black people for this.
Research Iran-Contra. It is true. Look even at the marketing of alcohol... malt liquor pushed in the inner city. Liquor stores everywhere, but good luck finding decent groceries. This IS engineered, and that is proven. The ghettos have been engineered for a long time, from real-estate redlining to corporate pushing of violent misogynist rap music. And I could list dozens of other examples.
The BPP was destroyed by FBI agents who often FORCED them to sell drugs. I know this story well and got it right from the horse's mouth, which is to say from one of the original Panthers. Yes, they were destroyed by the govt with assistance from the NOI. And the BPP was doing things which would solve the problems you discuss. Apparently the USA govt doesn't WANT the poor black community to develop... hmmmm... just like their policy toward Africa...
You apparently studied no social science. Humans are not culturally autonomous beings with an infinite array of choices at their disposal. Society channels behavior. Some of us, such as myself, manage to escape our programming, but many do not. It is meaningless to rail at the inner-city black drug dealer while ignoring the social context in which he lives.
During a visit to Baltimore several years ago, Katleen Cleaver gave a talk, in in part of her talk she read from once secret FBI files which revealed that J. Edgar Hoover was more worreid about Black Panther PROGRAMS (free breakfast, clinics, housing cooperative and political education) than about the guns they sometimes carried. Our secret police were more worried about Panthers organizing rent strikes and teaching folk how to organize than by an threat (usually exaggerated anyway) of violence from the Party. During her visit to the Bmore/DC area last month, Angela Davis--a close friend of the BPP--made similar analyses. It's partly due to the influence of elders who were former Bmor Panther leaders that I decided that education was the best place for me to be in order to promote progressive values and to bequeath unto students (white, black or other) the legacy of what some (like Cedric Robinson) call the "Black RADICAL Tradition"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Rouge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Strong Black Man 21,293
News Dan Gilbert says poor Detroiters need jobs, but... 3 hr ThomasA 3
Be a helping hand. Thu test 2
News Activist compares Detroit PETA billboard to KKK Thu alicia 6
News Antonio's to reopen former Italian restaurant i... (Jun '13) Wed WATCHING LIVONIA 24
Ecorse -- REMEMBER WHEN .... (Aug '07) Dec 11 Mr Danovich 4,727
Time to deport all muslims from the USA Dec 10 Cat Fan 4

River Rouge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

River Rouge Mortgages