Gilbert proposal is Ficano's get-out-...

Gilbert proposal is Ficano's get-out-of-jail-free card

There are 3 comments on the The Detroit News story from Jul 25, 2013, titled Gilbert proposal is Ficano's get-out-of-jail-free card. In it, The Detroit News reports that:

A door has opened to let Wayne County Executive Bob Ficano escape the full consequences of his mismanagement of the new downtown jail project.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Detroit News.

kev

Oak Park, MI

#1 Jul 25, 2013
If i get talked into buying a car.say fer instance the mighty tesla.They tell me me that over long haul it will save money with gas.later i found out i cant afford. Can't pay my house payment. Utilities etc. The people who sweet talked. Me. To purchase. A year later i lose to bank. In meantime i put down 10 grand on this fine technological marvel imitially.I lose everything i put up fer this car. Do u think the people wjo taljed me into buying it r now people i look up to? I know this is quite weird comparison but with all these sweet deals couple with money county is struggling just to pay bills with r not there. Thete is mo way.ficano will come out smelling rosey. Evem before jail project was known these other goofy devision tax payers r liable fer don't go away no matter how many times he appears in public!
Pete

Livonia, MI

#2 Jul 26, 2013
Another car buying analogy comes to mind. You go to a used car lot and the salesman tries to get to the meat of the matter from his prospective. He says in one way or another, "How much you got to spend?" From there he can steer you into what you "need" that can make him the most money.

In this case lots of money has been wasted already-gone. The county is now looking for a way to get some old jalopy with the money left. That money already includes an extra $100 million over what the original proposal was. They seek to spend every dime that the taxpayer authorized, whether they receive value for it or not.
kev

Toledo, OH

#3 Jul 26, 2013
Your county tax $$$ hard at work for ya compliments of Wayne county mi decision makers! Makes ya feel like dancin'!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Rouge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 9 hr annie puzzo 20,482
The top 50 GOP Officials:says Trump Dangerous 17 hr Idiot Patrol 3
Dwan Sims missing 4yr old 1994 cold case doesn'... (Jul '09) Wed Unforgotten Under... 140
Off the Hook Revenge Site Tue Shocking 1
News Detroit Man Charged In Shooting Of 7-Year-Old B... Tue grounded in reality 1
News Ford is building cars without steering wheels, ... Mon WATCHING LIVONIA 1
News Making Bicycles in Detroit Is an Uphill Ride Aug 20 TRUMP SARCASM SUCKS 2

River Rouge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

River Rouge Mortgages