A message from Japan, T.Okumura (part-1)//(1)

Posted in the River Rouge Forum

Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Feb 6, 2013
Toshihiko Okumura

Iruma, Japan

#1 Feb 5, 2013
[Attn] the editors of Detroit News
A message from Japan, T.Okumura ,(69 years old, male)
(Part-1)
This is my first contct to you. I have my hope to correct your imagine and misunderstanding about Japanese, of which information you probably get from Korean and Chinese recently ,
They are now spreading bad stories about Japanese soldgiers during the War, in the world about which they fabricated false story of so-called NANKIN massacre in China, and also Japanese soldgiers made Korean women as forced Comfort Women.
Why do they create such false story to look down upon Japanese.? They have very significant reason to do,
Chinese firstly want to get big aid from Japan for thier economic growth and secondly turn aside nation-wide spreaded dissatisfaction and strong anger to thier Communist administration who put always the nation right and liberrty in pressure and control , and in the situation of necessity of escalating bride for authoritarian smoothness.
Korea cannot develop themselves without Japan , then they require some help to Japan all the times. They actually and always request some apologies to get compensation endlessly to Japan. Actually Korea has already grown up.
Probably as you know ,Japan has continuously provided big aide and help to both of nations since the end of the War. So I understand they could have grown up their economy faster than other countries.
Therefore Japanese administration have change recently their aiding policy from adove two countries to other more underdevekoping countries instead.
This is the reason why I would like to let you correct possible bad image and misunderstanding.
This is just for your reference and better understanding about the issues, of which message( Pasrt-1) I submitted to NY Congress and NY Times
[A message from Japan]
To the senators and representatives of New York state legislature
I am writing this mail on behalf of all the Japanese who are concerned with the current
U.S.-Japan relations.
On January 8, NHK (Japan Broadcasting Corporation) broadcast a news program in which
they reported, under the topic title of “NY assembly to hear ‘Comfort Women’
resolution”, that State Senator Tony Avella and Assemblyman Charles Lavine demanded
Japan’s government to apologize for the forced prostitution of women serving the
Japanese military during World War II and that they were going to submit their demand
in the form of a resolution to the New York legislature. And, according to Jan 17th
edition of Sankei, one of the Japanese leading newspapers, they have submitted the
concurrent resolution.
As you may know, so-called comfort women are the women who worked during World
War II as prostitutes for the Japanese military. This fact might sound immoral by present-
day standards, but prostitution was a legal business in those days in many countries.
Even around U.S. military bases, prostitution agents must also have existed during the
periods of Japan occupation, Korean War, and Vietnam War.
However, as many as fifty years after the War, a bogus story was suddenly spread in
Korea and Japan — a story that Japanese military abducted many women and forced into
prostitution during the War. Nowadays, many Koreans living in the U.S. propagate
fabricated stories that more than 200 thousand Korean women were abducted and
worked as “sex slaves” during the wartime and that it was equivalent to the Holocaust.
These stories have been proven to be completely fictitious as a result of many
researches by scholars and experts. In spite of their longstanding efforts, there has been
absolutely no evidence of Japanese military’s coercing Korean women into prostitution
against their will.
Toshihiko Okumura

Iruma, Japan

#2 Feb 5, 2013
[A message from japan](part-1)(2)

We cannot allow this kind of propaganda that insults Japan; their pretense hurts our pride
and dishonors our ancestors. To protest this malicious gossip, we submitted two petitions
to the White House, each with more than 30 thousand signatures, as follows:
“WE PETITION THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION TO: Remove the monument and not to
support any international harassment related to this issue against the people of Japan”
http://wh.gov/yrR
“Repeal the House of Representatives Resolution 121 to stop aggravating int’l
harassment by Korean propaganda & lies!”
http://wh.gov/lBwa
U.S.-Japan alliance is the cornerstone of peace, security, and stability in the Asia-Pacific
region. Anti-Japan propaganda activities based on the fictitious ‘comfort women’ issue
do nothing but deteriorate the relationship among U.S., Korea, and Japan. Such movement
only alters the situation to the advantage of North Korea and China.
We Japanese, who place a high value on the importance of historical facts as well as
U.S.-Japan relationship, therefore protest decisively against the resolution regarding
comfort women that is to be submitted to the New York state legislature.
We know that American people cherish and esteem fairness, justice, and truth. We hope
that you will make a truthful, fair, and objective judgment on this issue.
Sincerely yours,
Toshihiko Okumura, Tokyo, Japan

(B) <Another version for your better understanding.>

I am writing this message to you on behalf of many concerned Japanese.
I read a Korean internet news that “State Senator Tony Avella and Assemblyman Charles
Lavine want Japanese government to apologize for the forced prostitution of women , or
“comfort women”, serving the Japanese military during World War &#8545;, and will submit their
demand in a resolution to the New York legislature.” And, according to Jan 17th edition
of Sankei, one of the Japanese leading newspapers, they have submitted the concurrent
resolution.
Toshihiko Okumura

Iruma, Japan

#3 Feb 5, 2013
[A messagen from Japan](part-1)(3)

The term “comfort women” refers simply to prostitutes in wartime. But Koreans have
long been promoting a false version of history that Japan abducted hundreds of
thousands of Korean women and coerced them into sexual services for Japanese
soldiers outside of Japan during World War &#8545;. This is, for practical and logical reasons, a
fictitious version of history.
Japanese government conducted careful investigations and examination of the related
documents and listened to the testimony of witnesses from both Japanese and Korean.
Based on their careful research, Japanese government officially denied enforceability.
And still, Japanese government made public apologies for former comfort women’s hard
experiences.
Despite apologies taken places privately and by the Japanese government, the
compensation for former comfort women, or other efforts such as Asian Women’s Fund,
Koreans has no intention of forgiveness.
Koreans’ activities such as building comfort women memorials lead to unnecessary racial
conflict and suffering of people of Japanese ancestry, and perpetrate the distorted truth
to American citizens who are not familiar with this controversial issue between Japan and
Korea.
I would like you to know these two petitions to the White House have reached more than
30,000 signatures and still getting more.
Remove the monument and not to support any international harassment related to this
issue against the people of Japan.
Repeal the House of Representatives Resolution 121 to stop aggravating int’l harassment
by Korean propaganda & lies!
To know more about the comfort women issue, please visit the following websites.
What is the “Comfort Women Issue?”
http://sakura.a.la9.jp/japan/...
Mr. Komori of Japanese newspaper being interviewed on the comfort women issue for t
he PBS series
GEISHA, TONY BLAIR & COMFORT WOMEN
We Japanese are strongly against NY state comfort women resolution. We believe that
the American people cherish and enthusiastically defend fairness, justice and the truth.
We hope that you will make a truthful, fair and objective judgment in regards to this issue.
Sincerely yours,
Toshihiko Okumura, tokyo ,Japan.

(C)Kindly call NY Congress ,from which you can get their final
judgment against Korean petition.
As far as I know ,they sent their protest message to all men concerned worldwide, attention to Korean only.
That means they judged there were no forced comfort women but just prostitutes only.
(end)
Toshihiko Okumura

Iruma, Japan

#4 Feb 5, 2013
[A message fron Japan](part-1)(2)<-this is (2)>

We cannot allow this kind of propaganda that insults Japan; their pretense hurts our pride
and dishonors our ancestors. To protest this malicious gossip, we submitted two petitions
to the White House, each with more than 30 thousand signatures, as follows:
“WE PETITION THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION TO: Remove the monument and not to
support any international harassment related to this issue against the people of Japan”
“Repeal the House of Representatives Resolution 121 to stop aggravating int’l
harassment by Korean propaganda & lies!”
U.S.-Japan alliance is the cornerstone of peace, security, and stability in the Asia-Pacific
region. Anti-Japan propaganda activities based on the fictitious ‘comfort women’ issue
do nothing but deteriorate the relationship among U.S., Korea, and Japan. Such movement
only alters the situation to the advantage of North Korea and China.
We Japanese, who place a high value on the importance of historical facts as well as
U.S.-Japan relationship, therefore protest decisively against the resolution regarding
comfort women that is to be submitted to the New York state legislature.
We know that American people cherish and esteem fairness, justice, and truth. We hope
that you will make a truthful, fair, and objective judgment on this issue.
Sincerely yours,
Toshihiko Okumura, Tokyo, Japan

(B) <Another version for your better understanding.>

I am writing this message to you on behalf of many concerned Japanese.
I read a Korean internet news that “State Senator Tony Avella and Assemblyman Charles
Lavine want Japanese government to apologize for the forced prostitution of women , or
“comfort women”, serving the Japanese military during World War &#8545;, and will submit their
demand in a resolution to the New York legislature.” And, according to Jan 17th edition
of Sankei, one of the Japanese leading newspapers, they have submitted the concurrent
resolution.
Toshihiko Okumura

Iruma, Japan

#5 Feb 5, 2013
[A message from Japan](part-1)(3)

The term “comfort women” refers simply to prostitutes in wartime. But Koreans have
long been promoting a false version of history that Japan abducted hundreds of
thousands of Korean women and coerced them into sexual services for Japanese
soldiers outside of Japan during World War &#8545;. This is, for practical and logical reasons, a
fictitious version of history.
Japanese government conducted careful investigations and examination of the related
documents and listened to the testimony of witnesses from both Japanese and Korean.
Based on their careful research, Japanese government officially denied enforceability.
And still, Japanese government made public apologies for former comfort women’s hard
experiences.
Despite apologies taken places privately and by the Japanese government, the
compensation for former comfort women, or other efforts such as Asian Women’s Fund,
Koreans has no intention of forgiveness.
Koreans’ activities such as building comfort women memorials lead to unnecessary racial
conflict and suffering of people of Japanese ancestry, and perpetrate the distorted truth
to American citizens who are not familiar with this controversial issue between Japan and
Korea.
I would like you to know these two petitions to the White House have reached more than
30,000 signatures and still getting more.
Remove the monument and not to support any international harassment related to this
issue against the people of Japan.
Repeal the House of Representatives Resolution 121 to stop aggravating int’l harassment
by Korean propaganda & lies!
To know more about the comfort women issue, please visit the following websites.
What is the “Comfort Women Issue?”
Mr. Komori of Japanese newspaper being interviewed on the comfort women issue for t
he PBS series
GEISHA, TONY BLAIR & COMFORT WOMEN
We Japanese are strongly against NY state comfort women resolution. We believe that
the American people cherish and enthusiastically defend fairness, justice and the truth.
We hope that you will make a truthful, fair and objective judgment in regards to this issue.
Sincerely yours,
Toshihiko Okumura, tokyo ,Japan.

(C)Kindly call NY Congress ,from which you can get their final
judgment against Korean petition.
As far as I know ,they sent their protest message to all men concerned worldwide, attention to Korean only.
That means they judged there were no forced comfort women but just prostitutes only.
(end)
John Doe

Buffalo, NY

#7 Feb 6, 2013
Toshihiko Okumura wrote:
[Attn] the editors of Detroit News
A message from Japan, T.Okumura ,(69 years old, male)
(Part-1)
This is my first contct to you. I have my hope to correct your imagine and misunderstanding about Japanese, of which information you probably get from Korean and Chinese recently ,
They are now spreading bad stories about Japanese soldgiers during the War, in the world about which they fabricated false story of so-called NANKIN massacre in China, and also Japanese soldgiers made Korean women as forced Comfort Women.
The stories about the rape of Nanking and the and the rest of the Japanese atrocities are mostly true. This is a matter of heavily supported history. We also know that history has been re-written for teaching in Japan with the hope future generations would forget the truth. It did not work any more than suggesting Japan did not attack Pearl. This is your history and you must own it. You may fool your own people, but the world is not buying it and to post such nonsense here is childish.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#8 Feb 6, 2013
All the stories are true japan were some evil SOB's

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Rouge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 15 min Samuel-6g-Jackson 18,899
Home based business paying out Millions in comm... 3 hr Sparty 2
3 fatally shot in Detroit over Labor Day weekend 3 hr Scott 2
Palestinian supporters in Detroit urge end to U... 15 hr Grau 11
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) Aug 23 Truthisgood 115
Batman v. Superman in Detroit: Downriver city c... Aug 21 reality is a crutch 1
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Jul '14 gottondas 5,482
•••
•••
•••

River Rouge Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

River Rouge People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

River Rouge News, Events & Info