Why Do Detroiters Not Trust The Police?

Posted in the River Rouge Forum

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#1 Oct 17, 2013
It has been said that Detroit Police officers reveal information to the criminals about who it was that sqwilled on them. Case in point: A friend of mine said they called the police to report a house being burglarized by some young boys living next door to her. When police arrived they informed the young boys next door to her that she had a complaint against them about breaking in someone's house!...as a result the young boys vandalized her home and threatened her. Question: What would possess the police officer to that? Is this always the case? And when reporting a criminal incident taking place, is it necessary to give the police your personal information if you're on your cell phone?
Meanie

Dearborn, MI

#2 Oct 17, 2013
With the salary they earn, they can make more money with half the proceeds from stolen goods.
Pete

Livonia, MI

#3 Oct 17, 2013
ragus wrote:
It has been said that Detroit Police officers reveal information to the criminals about who it was that sqwilled on them. Case in point: A friend of mine said they called the police to report a house being burglarized by some young boys living next door to her. When police arrived they informed the young boys next door to her that she had a complaint against them about breaking in someone's house!...as a result the young boys vandalized her home and threatened her. Question: What would possess the police officer to that? Is this always the case? And when reporting a criminal incident taking place, is it necessary to give the police your personal information if you're on your cell phone?
I can't be in the head of a Detroit officer. I can only guess. I do know that it is an absolute fact almost all the time. Calling the police is inviting a crime on yourself.

Many calls are noise complaints and neighborhood disputes. Police feel sheepish responding to such calls and maybe they want to justify to the perp that it's not their fault because somebody else called on them. Then the police extend this protocol to more violent actors and the result is predictable.

Cell phones can easily be traced. I don't know that they do in minor instances though. Anonymous tip line? Well, maybe again on minor issues. You know that you would be outed if you phoned in a tip that something was about to happen to the president. In between is the gray area where you can't be sure.

Protect yourself. Snitches get stitches.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Rouge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hardcore Pawn is a JOKE! (May '12) 4 hr what 71
News Southfield woman among 11 metro Detroit residen... 17 hr Poo-Bear 5
News Woman's body found in freezer by Detroit evicti... 19 hr Poo-Bear 2
News Huge Trouble at Foreign Toyota (May '09) 20 hr Skeptix 286
News 'We've got too many damn tiers,' UAW head tells... 22 hr fordNperception 2
News Damaged bridges pose problems for metro Detroit... Fri reality is a crutch 1
Frozen Dog Feb '15 Humanitarian 1
River Rouge Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

River Rouge People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]