Report: Kilpatricks seek donations toward sons' $17,000 per year private educations

Jan 17, 2013 Full story: MLive.com

Ex-Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick's wife Carlita sent a letter to friends and family asking for financial assistance to pay for their two sons' private educations at a school with a tuition of about $17,000 per year each, according to documents secured from the Michigan Department of Corrections by Channel 4, ClickonDetroit.com . Channel 2's M.L.

Full Story
confused

Detroit, MI

#1 Jan 18, 2013
I think money should be donated to imprison all these kilpatrick criminals and cronies .
Pete

Livonia, MI

#2 Jan 19, 2013
confused wrote:
I think money should be donated to imprison all these kilpatrick criminals and cronies .
Your tax dollars are working on it, but many fish are escaping the net. Carlita got away with beating that stripper in my opinion. The stripper showed up at emergency and used a female officer's health card. Prosecutors granted immunity and pleas to several fish that committed felonies. Major companies like Walbridge were considered victims even though they played ball in the illegal enterprise. Mike Duggan appears to have skated away from his crimes with McNamara.

As far as Kwame, Bernard and Bobby, this trial is still up for grabs. A reasonable person looking in would think all three would be found guilty of at least a few of the 33 charges. Well, the fed dropped the most major of charges even before the trial began. The 33 charges represent only a shell of what is suspected. The tide can change quickly. One hold-out juror and this case goes down. To save face, the fed would probably pick a few charges and come back with a new trial. Bernard could be dead by then. That would leave KK Bobby to accept a plea for 3-6 years or less.

It's not over until it's over. I long to hear the word "guilty" of a criminal enterprise.
Pete

Livonia, MI

#3 Jan 19, 2013
On the other side, it's a personal decision whether to beg for money for the kid's education. Begging and gifting are not illegal. Failure to account after a court order is illegal even if KK never saw the money. And of course the suspicion is that KK did see much more money given to him or that he has stashed away from prior wrongdoing. Millions were involved in the scheme and millions disappeared. Some money may be in the hands of individuals who are now being asked to pony up a few dollars to help. There could even be blackmailing by KK for cooperation although I doubt that would be necessary.
Althea

Dallas, TX

#4 Jan 20, 2013
Y'all mad cause the mayor's kids is better educated than most whites. When they time comes they take over things just like Coleman YOung junior doing.
Pete

Livonia, MI

#5 Jan 20, 2013
Detroit deserves "Coalman"(sic) A young Jr.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Rouge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topless women weekend 2 hr Ladonna C 1
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 6 hr Observer 19,589
The Mayor of Detroit is Wrong, Here is a Better... (Feb '10) 9 hr Steve 375
Palestinian supporters in Detroit urge end to U... 10 hr Grau 17
What would be the best way to CLEAN UP DETROIT? 12 hr Tony 87
Dearborn Community Group 13 hr RobB 1
SKETCH: Man wanted for carjacking, murder 14 hr Steve 2
River Rouge Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

River Rouge People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]