Need for open government has never be...

Need for open government has never been greater

There are 9 comments on the Observer & Eccentric story from Mar 10, 2013, titled Need for open government has never been greater. In it, Observer & Eccentric reports that:

It's your government. And it's your money that's paying for it. You deserve to know how that money is being spent and whether waste, fraud, corruption, conflicts of interest or just bad decision-making is getting in the way of the results you expect for your money.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Observer & Eccentric.

bensleys Best

Nashua, NH

#1 Mar 10, 2013
Need? that need will never be filled in Detroit or Chicago.

To accomplish this "need" requires an educated active citizen voter, a viable honest two party system with viable real choices for voter to elect.

There is too much deep rooted political & union corruption in city government. Gotta cut off the money.

bankruptcy court is the best place to sort this mess out. place the city management in the hands of the courts or court appointed manager with regular court updates on progress if there is any.

Detroit city government and its citizens have proven over the many years they are not capable, intelligent, educated enough, for self management.

they need a caretaker.

Dr Phil

Montréal, Canada

#2 Mar 10, 2013
bensleys Best wrote:
Need? that need will never be filled in Detroit or Chicago.
To accomplish this "need" requires an educated active citizen voter, a viable honest two party system with viable real choices for voter to elect.
There is too much deep rooted political & union corruption in city government. Gotta cut off the money.
bankruptcy court is the best place to sort this mess out. place the city management in the hands of the courts or court appointed manager with regular court updates on progress if there is any.
Detroit city government and its citizens have proven over the many years they are not capable, intelligent, educated enough, for self management.
they need a caretaker.
It must be a very stressful life you lead, where all the crayons in the box are black.
Panafrican

Franklin, MI

#3 Mar 10, 2013
Dr Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
It must be a very stressful life you lead, where all the crayons in the box are black.
The pens (not the crayons) in that box were all white and still corruption, police brutality, and deadly riot occured in Detroit. Now what ?
Everybody is in trouble in here, not only the Black community.
Dr Phil

Montréal, Canada

#4 Mar 10, 2013
Panafrican wrote:
<quoted text> The pens (not the crayons) in that box were all white and still corruption, police brutality, and deadly riot occured in Detroit. Now what ?
Everybody is in trouble in here, not only the Black community.
What an idiot!
The black crayons is a reference to depression and negativity. It had nothing to do with race.
Meanie

Royal Oak, MI

#5 Mar 10, 2013
Dr Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
What an idiot!
The black crayons is a reference to depression and negativity. It had nothing to do with race.
LMFAO!

Panfool emerged from hiding and the first words result in foot in mouth. Apparently she learned nothing while being away. I suggest she return to hiding.
Panafrican

Franklin, MI

#6 Mar 10, 2013
Meanie wrote:
<quoted text>
LMFAO!
Panfool emerged from hiding and the first words result in foot in mouth. Apparently she learned nothing while being away. I suggest she return to hiding.
This is "Government Foe" from Royal Oak, no doubt ! Good to meet the same Kwame haters again after some two or three years.
Panafrican

Franklin, MI

#7 Mar 10, 2013
Dr Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
What an idiot!
Why Black, call them White crayons then.
Panafrican

Franklin, MI

#8 Mar 10, 2013
Kwame the expiatory victim of a confused community.

Confused folks unable to get out of the biased mindset they inherited from their grandparents but always going after people.
You all keep in mind Corruption ,racism , extremism and exclusion are nowhere different from each other. So instead of going after one person ( Kwame) and feel good about yourself,you better start looking at yourself if you want a better society in Michigan.
bensleys Best

Nashua, NH

#9 Mar 10, 2013
Dr Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
actually all of the crayons in my box are grounded in reality and this rainbow of real colors allow me to see the real world as it actually exist.

You should take off the sun glasses and see what's happening in da hood.

Knowledge is power. A real Understanding economics enable those of us not caught up in the emotional upheaval or busy trying to assign blame for economic failure which lead to the down fall of Detroit..

My life is stress free cause I don't got to dodge the bullets of da black drug dealing gangs of Detroit.

My baby grand children in cribs are not going to be in the line of drive by black drug dealing shooters.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Rouge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for a male Beagle to breed w/ my Beagle (Aug '12) 7 min Bryna Erickson 27
News BLAC Magazine lists best ways to celebrate Blac... 1 hr lol 4
News Protesters march statewide for and against fede... 3 hr Faith 9
News Detroit's Muslim community promises it - will n... 3 hr Retribution 6
Review: Cool Blue Hair Salon (Feb '09) 3 hr choirgirl413 10
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 18 hr democrat 20,852
News GasPump 21 hr George Nunn 2

River Rouge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

River Rouge Mortgages