Ed Schultz on Why Detroit Went Bankru...

Ed Schultz on Why Detroit Went Bankrupt: The City Became a ‘Conservative Utopia’

There are 7 comments on the Free Republic story from Jul 22, 2013, titled Ed Schultz on Why Detroit Went Bankrupt: The City Became a ‘Conservative Utopia’. In it, Free Republic reports that:

Agreeing with fellow MSNBC host Melissa Harris-Perry, Ed Schultz claimed that Detroit had filed for bankruptcy because the city had a government that was just too small.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Republic.

kev

Toledo, OH

#2 Jul 22, 2013
Whoever Detroit officials listened to conduct business was a bad call. Usa after WWII was one powerful country. With this ridiculous spending on undeserved pensions and salaries it was bound to happen. People on public dime should not live like there is no tomorrow. I actually sawr a retired policeman with a fair pension.$2900 monhly with 26 years. In taylor some pensions r over twice that. Detroit being run by greedy officials along with no accountability through checks and balances caused this mess. Ohio has the state government look over cities and municipalaties to make sure fairness is in place. Why didn't michigan have this policy? There r smaller cities like taylor,sterling heights,romulus etc. that needed this all along. Taylor pays high pensions but has no money for school improvements and new buildings,. Why is that. Where is used to live in lorain ohio they r building a new high school. This city isn't rich. But allocations of funds r done properly with state oversight and suoervision. Wayne county is another prime example of greed and mismanagement. Buddy hiring and good 'ole boy network that siphoned money needlessly. What gives here? After all it is our money!!
justhefacts

United States

#4 Jul 22, 2013
Proves Again dem/Libs have no MATH Skills
Coleman A Young

Lewisburg, PA

#6 Jul 23, 2013
What a guy, "Special Ed".
Valirie

Paterson, NJ

#7 Jul 23, 2013
MSNBC caters to that segment of the population, nothing they say is relevant and they know it. They are obligated to that certain grouping or would be off the air.

Since: Jul 07

Newport News, VA

#8 Jul 23, 2013
ed shultz filed for intellectual bankruptcy years ago. they kicked him out of virginia for being a simpleton...

SIR LANCELOT

“I just hate stupid people”

Since: Apr 07

DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS

#9 Jul 23, 2013
Ed Schultz tried to be a conservative host when he first started in radio and he was a flop.
He needed a more stupid audience who would listen to him so he naturally went over to the left side of the aisle where the voters and listeners are more prone to being low information people.

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

#10 Jul 23, 2013
Schultz is a dumbass. That city has had a democrat mayor since 1963. Thank those idiots and the unions for the fall of Detroit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Rouge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ecorse Ordinances (Oct '06) 8 hr 6608moris1935 8,414
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 13 hr see the truth 20,317
News 2-Year-Old Shot In Detroit During Dispute Loses... Mon bozo 1
Las Vegas Mon Donaldismyname 2
News 2-Year-Old Girl Remains On Life-Support As 3 Me... May 29 Pop the Weasel 2
Vote For Donald Trump Mar '16 loser 2
News Neighborhood devastated by shooting (Aug '06) Feb '16 slc 346
More from around the web

Personal Finance

River Rouge Mortgages