#5034 Nov 27, 2013
GOBBLE GOBBLE, Y-ALL
Hee Hee Hee
DLaxton

Pinckney, MI

#5036 Dec 3, 2013
Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
Lots of great memories Earth. Are you still in the area or gone from Ecorse? Vollmerhausen's is now Paco Taco's. Strawberry Cream is now Taco E. Frankie's is now a church. The Bank now houses the school board (not sure why we spent millions to build a new, huge school and we have to have a separate building for the board of education, but heck atleast it isn't abandoned). My husband took the picture of the Chase Apartments on fire and it was on the front page of the Ecorse Advertiser. My brother and Bird were real good friends, I think they got thrown in jail together once for fighting with Rouge guys after an Ecorse/Rouge hockey game. Either that or drag racing. I'll never forget him showing up at our door one night saying to my mom in his very polite way "Mrs. X, your son is in jail." My mom's reaction was funny as h#ll. I saw in the News Herald recently that Bird's mother passed away. My husband also remember's when Bird's brother passed away in 'Nam and how the whole SFX school went to the funeral. Sad times. But Ecorse sure was a community back then.
my dad Jimmy Laxton died in the Chase Hotel fire
Ik-Bod

Holt, MI

#5037 Dec 4, 2013
Sam W. Milton and his mother are a joke.
Slow joe

Clarksville, TN

#5038 Dec 28, 2013
I remember smokin dope at nana's with Janie , Stevie, and the gang.
nkk54

Grand Rapids, MI

#5039 Jan 2, 2014
Stevie G wrote:
Disgusted, you were my neighbor if you were born before 1963.
I remember Gary, Gail and Lee Anne. Your mom was Viv and your dad LeRoy.Your dad was the greatest guy in the world, taught me how to ice skate.He always built a small rink in your backyard.
I remember Tip Goodell, quite a character, his sisters as well Pearl and Lottie.
More to follow, I am at work.
Do you remember Dale, Viv's older brother? He is my dad.
nkk54

Grand Rapids, MI

#5040 Jan 2, 2014
Earth wrote:
Any long-time Ecorse residents would remember the name Cloutier, right? My mom was / is a Cloutier.
My grandpa worked at the hardware store back in 1928 or 1929. His pic was taken standing in front of the store & was in the newspaper.
nkk54

Grand Rapids, MI

#5041 Jan 3, 2014
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Is George Cloutier's sister, Nancy Hunter, still alive? Her husband Don helped my father and I build the house I'm living in now. George's father and my grandfather were brothers and owned the hardware store next to the Security Bank. The business went under and they never spoke after that.
What was the time period that Cloutier Hardware was open? My grandpa worked there & my aunt was born upstairs.
Riverrat

Melvindale, MI

#5042 Jan 15, 2014
Lets pick it up in here People! Harley....You out der???
Riverrat

Melvindale, MI

#5043 Jan 15, 2014
How about.......SB. You out there some where? How about the story teller....haven't read any good stories lately. I just saying.
Mike

Plymouth, MI

#5044 Jan 17, 2014
ClassPrez85 wrote:
I grew up on Beach Street and went to School 3 and Kennedy and graduated from EHS class of '85. I remember the muni and playing ball there or at Beach Street park and going to the Frankenstein Slush for ice cream. I spent a ton of money at the Plush Hobo on Jefferson across from the river.
Lots of good times in Ecorse.
I also grew up on Beach st. class of 92 tho. I probably know you? It used to be such a nice neighborhood back then. Frankenstein Slush was great
William the 3rd

Taylor, MI

#5045 Jan 20, 2014
I just found this looking up my dads last name because I was curious about the family tree and was searching for whatever I could find on my family. I chose to take my moms because my dad was never around and my mom raised me. My dads name was William tsermenges the second. This is crazy reading all of this. The last time I seen grandpa was when I was like 10. Now I see where my dad got the whole hockey thing. My dad was an awesome hockey player. That's one thing I do know. That's where I must of got my athleticism from lol. I was a state wrestler but never played hockey because I was never really introduced to hockey. I'm sure I would of been good at that too lol. Not trying to sound cockey though. Theres so much of these stories I can relate too. I read it and it sounds just like me or some stuff I would do lol. I'm writting this with the hope that maybe one of my family members on here will see this and reach out to me... I don't know anyone from his side besides my Grandma Jean, which is his mom and my Aunt Necia who is my dads sister. And some aunts and uncles up north. My facebook name is William Balentine. Hopefully if you see this you will reach out. Id like to meet more of my family from my dads side that I haven't met yet.
Xcop

Bradenton, FL

#5050 Mar 4, 2014
Jimmy Waxed wrote:
<quoted text>
His mom will blow you at the same time - that hoe!
Leave your real name I'll tell sam you're looking for him.
Buckeye Spouse

Wyandotte, MI

#5053 Mar 7, 2014
sadÂ… this site WAS fun & interesting to go down memory lane of the "Coast".. not any more
long timer

Ashburn, VA

#5055 Mar 7, 2014
Yeah I agree

“Dis guy is a nut.”

Since: Jun 11

Ecorse, Michigan

#5056 Mar 10, 2014
Buckeye Spouse wrote:
sadÂ… this site WAS fun & interesting to go down memory lane of the "Coast".. not any more
Well, all we gotta do is start rememberin' and writin'. We could just drown out these little pea-brains with our fond memories of life on the 'cose back in the day. Looks like its time for me to drag out all the old EHS yearbooks and 'member the madness...HMMM, lessee now...
its me

Morgantown, KY

#5057 Mar 10, 2014
does anyone remember burning the traces? does anyone knows if carters still there?
long timer

Ashburn, VA

#5058 Mar 10, 2014
its me wrote:
does anyone remember burning the traces? does anyone knows if carters still there?

Sure Carter's is still here they built a band shell behind it
Brian Adam

Silver Spring, MD

#5059 Mar 11, 2014
I live in Novi and I miss the sliders at Carters!
long timer

Ashburn, VA

#5062 Mar 15, 2014
Good ole onion burgers...lol nothing like them after the bars closed

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Rouge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr see the truth 20,301
Challenge to every black man 10 hr Donaldismyname 1
News Detroit gets new type of explosive sniffing dog 11 hr ThomasA 2
News Detroit gets its first Women in Hip-Hop concert... 15 hr Pop the Weasel 1
News 3-Year-Old Shot On Detroit's East Side; Police ... 19 hr Pop the Weasel 1
Kid rock 19 hr Pop the Weasel 2
News Own the Landmark Dairy Building from a 8 Mile a... Wed Pop the Weasel 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

River Rouge Mortgages