Ecorse -- REMEMBER WHEN ....
Atl Girl

Cumming, GA

#5012 Jul 28, 2013
Brian Adam wrote:
Time to break the holding pattern. Im a little younger than most of the posters in this forum. Im 33 and Im ten yearsgone now and theres so much that Id like to forget. However, Riverside Coney Island, the illusion of tranquility living on a block with only three houses, hottub parties in my backyard under a purple sky. Lol yeah fuck...I miss the prismatic effects of industrial pollution. I love nosalgia, but as great as it is, nostalgia belongs in a museum.
A periodic dose of healthy nostalgia is good for the spirit as well as the soul. If you enjoyed any of your past, most like reliving it through memories . Why do people go to class reunions or visit the towns they grew up in? They miss old friends & neighbors that helped to shape their lives growing up. They miss the vitality of youth. You can't know where you're going untill you know or remember where you've been. The most important reason to revisit is (It's Fun!). Be happy!

Ps. Ecorse was different before the 80s or 90s. It was vibrant & special with great people. It will always be so in our hearts & minds. Old memories die hard.!
OldBoatMan63

Rochester, MN

#5013 Jul 30, 2013
Bonzano Bohunk wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry I wasn't logged in when I (or somebody) responded to your message to me (I mean him) Nyuck...Nyuck...Nyuck.
Must find out who you is.
Alan, it's Ron Alley. You may recall me. My email is [email protected]
OldBoatMan63

Rochester, MN

#5014 Jul 31, 2013
Hey OldBoatMan63 wrote:
NO NO No! It's not me...I mean him. Couldn't be, could I? I mean nobody could be that nutty, could I? I mean they?
You are the first to finger the crazy Bohunk of Bonzano Ave. I have had soooooo much fun recalling all these wild adventures and passing them on to all the 'Coasters. Pass it on and let's read some of YOUR stories.
HMMMMMM.'63 is definitely a banner year for nut-case graduations. There were a lot of us...I mean them that year. Old boat..."the Ron-Rich?" Applegrove pirates? Hmmm, howzabout a hint or two, possibly in the form of unforgettable memories we might have shared. Can't wait!!!!
Hi. I'm Ron Alley and my email address is [email protected]
Cool breeze

Cowpens, SC

#5015 Aug 2, 2013
OldBoatMan63 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi. I'm Ron Alley and my email address is [email protected]
Hey Ron how's Gary?
Buckeye Spouse

Wyandotte, MI

#5016 Aug 3, 2013
Ron: Are you from the family on corner of 8th Street? Just connected to Phyliss Alley on FB & we r still neighbors after 45 years! Hate going down 8th to visit friend on 9th as old "homestead" is boarded up & no flowers growing along fence! Very Sad

I talked to a retired teacher from Granville (School 3) & she mentioned Ecorse might be the next school 2 get dissolved! It was such a great school district back in the 40-60s! Great sports too!

Many of you Ecorse Raiders may remember the local family corner stores! My gosh we walked & sometimes if our SS check hadn't gotten there we could put the amount on our bill! Can you believe that? We had Alley's store I believe it was Scholtzes?), 7th Street w/great candy, 9th Street store, Hope's on Southfield & of course for the big items or meat back door of Becklarz (I am butchering spelling this morn- no pun intended).

What great memories I have on childhood in Ecorse!
Blade Runner

Calgary, Canada

#5017 Aug 8, 2013
Crime down 80% in Ecorse now that the little thief from High Street is Dead!
George Lozon

Berkley, MI

#5018 Sep 3, 2013
For me the best thing about Ecorse was St. Francis and the Ecorse Rowing Club
wally gator

Fairfax, VA

#5019 Sep 7, 2013
I remember trying to jump the bridge LOzl
Buckeye Spouse

Wyandotte, MI

#5020 Sep 7, 2013
My brother (83 yrs young) & I shared stories over a campfire in the U.P.. gosh he had lots of stories about old time policeman, teachers & he even told me my Dad had a trapline on the Ecorse Creek! Wow it was pretty polluted when I was growing up..
Atl Girl

Cumming, GA

#5021 Sep 7, 2013
Buckeye Spouse wrote:
My brother (83 yrs young) & I shared stories over a campfire in the U.P.. gosh he had lots of stories about old time policeman, teachers & he even told me my Dad had a trapline on the Ecorse Creek! Wow it was pretty polluted when I was growing up..
Would love to hear some of his stories. I'm sure they are very interesting.
Otis1969

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#5022 Sep 27, 2013
Buckeye Spouse. Your comments bring back lots of memories. Kimmy and Sue have passed! Wow. Do you have access to anymore of the basball pictures?
Buckeye Spouse

United States

#5023 Sep 27, 2013
Oh yes we have baseball pictures! CC was quite a photographer!
Otis1969

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#5024 Oct 1, 2013
Buckeye Spouse. Any chance of you sending me more of the baseball pics? Do you still have my email?
Otis1969

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#5025 Oct 28, 2013
Has the coments on this thread gone pass page 233. If so, how can I see/access them? I currently can't see past page 233.
Atl girl

Cumming, GA

#5026 Oct 28, 2013
Otis1969 wrote:
Has the coments on this thread gone pass page 233. If so, how can I see/access them? I currently can't see past page 233.
There are 4,654 posts. Hopefully someone can help with your problem.
Otis1969

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#5027 Oct 28, 2013
Thanks Art Girl. I guess it seems no one had posted since Sept 27 until you did just now.
Otis1969

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#5028 Oct 28, 2013
Thanks Art girl. I guess it seems no one had posted since Sept. 17 until you did just now.
Atl Girl

Cumming, GA

#5029 Oct 30, 2013
Actually 5028. More Ecorse folks are posting on other sites like " I grew up Downriver " & " If you lived in Ecorse ". Usually more posts around the holidays.
Atl Girl

Cumming, GA

#5030 Oct 30, 2013
Hey Bonzano! Hope all is well.

“Dis guy is a nut.”

Since: Jun 11

Ecorse, Michigan

#5031 Oct 31, 2013
Atl Girl wrote:
Hey Bonzano! Hope all is well.
Hey Atl Girl! Thanks for the concern. We're doin' fine. Had to do a big fall clean-up and garage sale. Couldn't even walk through my work shop for all the "commodities" laying about. I'll get back on here soon. BOOOO TO YOUUUUUUU and all who spent Halloween on Grosse Isle getting scared by "Loony Roonie" Watch out for the hook stuck in your car door. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Rouge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do u think David J Banaszak sucks cock in Gaylo... Sun Opie Dawg 1
blacks mismanaging blacks Sun Cracker 7
News Despite record profits, Detroit automakers get ... Sat Summer Friend 1
News Racially biased cancer doctors spend less time ... Sat Summer Friend 6
News Iwo Jima flag raiser identified as Marine from ... Sat bozo 1
News Man charged with opening fire on Lodge Freeway Jun 24 Backby PopularDemand 1
News Former Detroit Council President Charles Pugh c... Jun 24 Backby PopularDemand 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

River Rouge Mortgages