For me the best thing about Ecorse was St. Francis and the Ecorse Rowing Club
wally gator

Fairfax, VA

#5019 Sep 7, 2013
I remember trying to jump the bridge LOzl
Buckeye Spouse

Wyandotte, MI

#5020 Sep 7, 2013
My brother (83 yrs young) & I shared stories over a campfire in the U.P.. gosh he had lots of stories about old time policeman, teachers & he even told me my Dad had a trapline on the Ecorse Creek! Wow it was pretty polluted when I was growing up..
Atl Girl

Cumming, GA

#5021 Sep 7, 2013
Buckeye Spouse wrote:
My brother (83 yrs young) & I shared stories over a campfire in the U.P.. gosh he had lots of stories about old time policeman, teachers & he even told me my Dad had a trapline on the Ecorse Creek! Wow it was pretty polluted when I was growing up..
Would love to hear some of his stories. I'm sure they are very interesting.
Otis1969

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#5022 Sep 27, 2013
Buckeye Spouse. Your comments bring back lots of memories. Kimmy and Sue have passed! Wow. Do you have access to anymore of the basball pictures?
Buckeye Spouse

United States

#5023 Sep 27, 2013
Oh yes we have baseball pictures! CC was quite a photographer!
Otis1969

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#5024 Oct 1, 2013
Buckeye Spouse. Any chance of you sending me more of the baseball pics? Do you still have my email?
Otis1969

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#5025 Oct 28, 2013
Has the coments on this thread gone pass page 233. If so, how can I see/access them? I currently can't see past page 233.
Atl girl

Cumming, GA

#5026 Oct 28, 2013
Otis1969 wrote:
Has the coments on this thread gone pass page 233. If so, how can I see/access them? I currently can't see past page 233.
There are 4,654 posts. Hopefully someone can help with your problem.
Otis1969

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#5027 Oct 28, 2013
Thanks Art Girl. I guess it seems no one had posted since Sept 27 until you did just now.
Otis1969

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#5028 Oct 28, 2013
Thanks Art girl. I guess it seems no one had posted since Sept. 17 until you did just now.
Atl Girl

Cumming, GA

#5029 Oct 30, 2013
Actually 5028. More Ecorse folks are posting on other sites like " I grew up Downriver " & " If you lived in Ecorse ". Usually more posts around the holidays.
Atl Girl

Cumming, GA

#5030 Oct 30, 2013
Hey Bonzano! Hope all is well.

“Dis guy is a nut.”

Since: Jun 11

Ecorse, Michigan

#5031 Oct 31, 2013
Atl Girl wrote:
Hey Bonzano! Hope all is well.
Hey Atl Girl! Thanks for the concern. We're doin' fine. Had to do a big fall clean-up and garage sale. Couldn't even walk through my work shop for all the "commodities" laying about. I'll get back on here soon. BOOOO TO YOUUUUUUU and all who spent Halloween on Grosse Isle getting scared by "Loony Roonie" Watch out for the hook stuck in your car door. LOL
Riverrat

Melvindale, MI

#5033 Nov 24, 2013
Happy Turkey Day to everyone.

“Dis guy is a nut.”

Since: Jun 11

Ecorse, Michigan

#5034 Nov 27, 2013
GOBBLE GOBBLE, Y-ALL
Hee Hee Hee
DLaxton

Pinckney, MI

#5036 Dec 3, 2013
Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
Lots of great memories Earth. Are you still in the area or gone from Ecorse? Vollmerhausen's is now Paco Taco's. Strawberry Cream is now Taco E. Frankie's is now a church. The Bank now houses the school board (not sure why we spent millions to build a new, huge school and we have to have a separate building for the board of education, but heck atleast it isn't abandoned). My husband took the picture of the Chase Apartments on fire and it was on the front page of the Ecorse Advertiser. My brother and Bird were real good friends, I think they got thrown in jail together once for fighting with Rouge guys after an Ecorse/Rouge hockey game. Either that or drag racing. I'll never forget him showing up at our door one night saying to my mom in his very polite way "Mrs. X, your son is in jail." My mom's reaction was funny as h#ll. I saw in the News Herald recently that Bird's mother passed away. My husband also remember's when Bird's brother passed away in 'Nam and how the whole SFX school went to the funeral. Sad times. But Ecorse sure was a community back then.
my dad Jimmy Laxton died in the Chase Hotel fire
Ik-Bod

Holt, MI

#5037 Dec 4, 2013
Sam W. Milton and his mother are a joke.
Slow joe

Clarksville, TN

#5038 Dec 28, 2013
I remember smokin dope at nana's with Janie , Stevie, and the gang.
nkk54

Grand Rapids, MI

#5039 Jan 2, 2014
Stevie G wrote:
Disgusted, you were my neighbor if you were born before 1963.
I remember Gary, Gail and Lee Anne. Your mom was Viv and your dad LeRoy.Your dad was the greatest guy in the world, taught me how to ice skate.He always built a small rink in your backyard.
I remember Tip Goodell, quite a character, his sisters as well Pearl and Lottie.
More to follow, I am at work.
Do you remember Dale, Viv's older brother? He is my dad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Rouge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Youtuber, Mike the cop 2 hr Caleb 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr Love 21,973
News Pastor claims racism after his house burns in L... Sun Susian R 3
News People acting bizarrely in Wyandotte suspected ... Sun Wrestling Mic 1
Best MILF \ cougar dating sites Sat Helen 2
Naked chick in link I found Sat NowaythatsAmber 4
In need of xänax/ädderall/Öxy/H/Tär?etc Sat manou 1

River Rouge Jobs

Personal Finance

River Rouge Mortgages