Southfield, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Buckeye Spouse
In good health, thanks except the usual aches and pains. I had Mr Ken Fuller, Mr John Ready, Mr Piper. Mr Fuller was my best teacher ever. I still remenber a lot of the things he taught us. Mr Piper got me a scholarship to Bowling Green. And Mr Ready helped develope good writing skills with his journal and term paper reqirements.
Everything about growing up Ecorse was great if my memory serve me correctly. We may not have been rich but everyone had the necessities and some of what they wanted.
mjpiche

Trenton, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Does anyone remember the name of the drive-in restaurant on Southfield Road? Left side of street going towards river. Late 60's.

“Dis guy is a nut.”

Since: Jun 11

Ecorse, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Could you be talking about Carters, the Ecorse police dept. annex, between Jefferson and the river?
BLEEDING HEART

Lincoln Park, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

I remember watching the Ecorse High School hockey team, in 1964-65, play outdoors in the snow, some great games played there. the score booth with a heater inside to keep your feet from freezing.
Atl Girl

Cumming, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Happy Spring to everyone! We all need a Spring break!

“Dis guy is a nut.”

Ecorse, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Back at ya Girl. Hey howzabout some spring time Ecorse memories. Anything, a sight, a sound, a smell, a feeling or a tradition??? Warm up those winter stiff fingers and start tapping those keys. I've got some, how'bout you's?
Buckeye Spouse

Riverview, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

reply to: Does anyone remember the name of the drive-in restaurant on Southfield Road? Left side of street going towards river. Late 60's

Near Pepper Rd & Southfield there was Hope?? Drive through Party store-- the only restaurant on left (north side) in 60s was Carters. Emagene's was on Jefferson & Southfield as was Poremba's.. Taco Place near 8th & Soutfield but I grew up in that area & cannot remember any other restaurant (other than of course our FAv. Ciugan's Shrimp House). Excuse spelling:

Ecorse Spring/ Summer memories: Great Kick the Can Games till the street lights came on then you better be home.. Riding bikes all over town! 10th Street..or Pepper Rd Park.. Creepy HAunted House on Pepper Rd (more of a fall memory) Old Joe's house on 8th - one scary guy.. The "witch" on 7th St Near where the secretary from School #3 lived, cannot remember her name but there were two houses that were alike then I think this little dump of a house that was the Witch!
My sister might remember names - not me I have had C.R.S all my life!
Cool breeze

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Buckeye Spouse wrote:
reply to: Does anyone remember the name of the drive-in restaurant on Southfield Road? Left side of street going towards river. Late 60's
Near Pepper Rd & Southfield there was Hope?? Drive through Party store-- the only restaurant on left (north side) in 60s was Carters. Emagene's was on Jefferson & Southfield as was Poremba's.. Taco Place near 8th & Soutfield but I grew up in that area & cannot remember any other restaurant (other than of course our FAv. Ciugan's Shrimp House). Excuse spelling:
Ecorse Spring/ Summer memories: Great Kick the Can Games till the street lights came on then you better be home.. Riding bikes all over town! 10th Street..or Pepper Rd Park.. Creepy HAunted House on Pepper Rd (more of a fall memory) Old Joe's house on 8th - one scary guy.. The "witch" on 7th St Near where the secretary from School #3 lived, cannot remember her name but there were two houses that were alike then I think this little dump of a house that was the Witch!
Has to be the Shrimp house, there was no other restruant on the right side of the street as he described.
donnie

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Chantel Bates wrote:
<quoted text>
That is such a terrible thing to say.. i hope salisbury loses the election and gets his ass out of ecorse that is so terrible..eddie rich was a good man who loved the outdoors and for you to say something like that about him u must not know him or his family and friends at all BECAUSE THEY AND HE HAD PLENTY OF MONEY.. Mr.LARRY SALISBURY that has 5 identitys and social security cards..
I know he had money that always stumped me as to why he chose to live homeless half the time i liked eddie and he never did me wrong nor anyone else i know who ever dealt with him god rest his soul and may his murderer/murderers souls rot in hellit takes a sick son of a bitch to kill someone like that
BLEEDING HEART

Lincoln Park, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Buckeye Spouse wrote:
The Palaski club on southfield, between 6th,7th st.
Karen

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

downandirty wrote:
<quoted text> we all heard father Joe liked his Weed and Women, any testimonials out there, c'mon ladies the truth will set you [FREE]!!!
"Joseph Femminineo: Resigned from pastorate in 1992 after abuse allegations. But wasn't Removed from ministry until June.2002."
BLEEDING HEART

Lincoln Park, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Karen wrote:
<quoted text>
"Joseph Femminineo: Resigned from pastorate in 1992 after abuse allegations. But wasn't Removed from ministry until June.2002."
Father Kelly liked the weed and fast women,and a stiff drink or two or three.
THE KID

Lincoln Park, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Does anyone remember where lovers lane was...
Cool breeze

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

THE KID wrote:
Last block on third st

“Dis guy is a nut.”

Ecorse, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

THE KID wrote:
Back in the ancient times, you parked behind the old ice rink in the summer. The two drive in theaters (Holiday and Fort George) were nice. Watch out for the guy with the hook for a hand!!!!!
OldBoatMan63

Rochester, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

[Hey, Alan. Just stumbled onto this site. I found a few of your posts and recognized you immediately. It's not just "back in the day", it's waaay back in the day.
Hey OldBoatMan63

Stanton, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

NO NO No! It's not me...I mean him. Couldn't be, could I? I mean nobody could be that nutty, could I? I mean they?
You are the first to finger the crazy Bohunk of Bonzano Ave. I have had soooooo much fun recalling all these wild adventures and passing them on to all the 'Coasters. Pass it on and let's read some of YOUR stories.
HMMMMMM.'63 is definitely a banner year for nut-case graduations. There were a lot of us...I mean them that year. Old boat..."the Ron-Rich?" Applegrove pirates? Hmmm, howzabout a hint or two, possibly in the form of unforgettable memories we might have shared. Can't wait!!!!

“Dis guy is a nut.”

Ecorse, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

OldBoatMan63 wrote:
[Hey, Alan. Just stumbled onto this site. I found a few of your posts and recognized you immediately. It's not just "back in the day", it's waaay back in the day.
Sorry I wasn't logged in when I (or somebody) responded to your message to me (I mean him) Nyuck...Nyuck...Nyuck.

Must find out who you is.
Brian Adam

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Time to break the holding pattern. Im a little younger than most of the posters in this forum. Im 33 and Im ten yearsgone now and theres so much that Id like to forget. However, Riverside Coney Island, the illusion of tranquility living on a block with only three houses, hottub parties in my backyard under a purple sky. Lol yeah fuck...I miss the prismatic effects of industrial pollution. I love nosalgia, but as great as it is, nostalgia belongs in a museum.

“Dis guy is a nut.”

Ecorse, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Brian Adam wrote:
Time to break the holding pattern. Im a little younger than most of the posters in this forum. Im 33 and Im ten yearsgone now and theres so much that Id like to forget. However, Riverside Coney Island, the illusion of tranquility living on a block with only three houses, hottub parties in my backyard under a purple sky. Lol yeah fuck...I miss the prismatic effects of industrial pollution. I love nosalgia, but as great as it is, nostalgia belongs in a museum.
If you look back to page one, you'll see that this site was set up as a sort of memory museum for those of us who spent time in the town and had some good experiences we'd like to share with like-minded folks. If you feel that complaining about your earlier situation is fitting, then so be it, but I'm sorry for you. Nobody choses their birth scene. Maybe my generation didn't do such a good a job as my folks' did when it came to raising kids, or...?
I was born weeks before WWII ended. We had just whipped the worlds worst bad guys and the sky wasn't even the limit from then on. In order for that to happen, everyone had to dig in, organize and share, work hard, sacrifice, fight and maybe die to save the world. Today, in this sea of hate and greed, I'm not sure we could do it again if called upon. I hope your kids have nearly the fun I had growing up, wherever that may be.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

River Rouge Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

River Rouge People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

River Rouge News, Events & Info