Ecorse -- REMEMBER WHEN ....
Cool breeze

Miami, FL

#4978 Feb 28, 2013
Mr Basil wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither you or old 54 workrd that hard on "Zig Island". I'm not sure you can develop cancer in 6 months at GLS.I be more worried about getting a limb cut off by flying sheet metal
"Workrd"
Atl Girl

Cumming, GA

#4979 Mar 2, 2013
Mr Basil wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither you or old 54 workrd that hard on "Zig Island". I'm not sure you can develop cancer in 6 months at GLS.I be more worried about getting a limb cut off by flying sheet metal
. Mr Basil, If you're not sure, why make this statement? And I assume you're a very hard worker.
Buckeye Spouse

Wyandotte, MI

#4980 Mar 3, 2013
Old Raider from Old Buckeye Spouse- Miss u guys & we were saddened by your loss..Brother was exposed to that at DTE but I believe did not take a settlement while Jo's husband did. What sort of settlement = your life? I think we are ALL exposed to so much s--t growing up in the Coast not all bad but certainly an unhealthy environment. Son went to Mt had No problems but as soon as he returned- wham problems! Downriver although a great place to raise a family, unfortunately has pollution everywhere. Again sorry for your loss
Buckeye Spouse

Wyandotte, MI

#4981 Mar 3, 2013
Zug Island? Yep husband was there- nasty stuff. Burnt in soaking pits, any compensation for that. Nope "Thataboy" was the comment from supervisors
Anonymous

Panama City, FL

#4982 Mar 3, 2013
Many found memories growing up in Ecorse!!!!
Anonymous

Panama City, FL

#4983 Mar 3, 2013
32 Ridge St wrote:
Many fond memories growing up in Ecorse!!!!
Fond
Cindy McKay Courtney

Port Charlotte, FL

#4984 Mar 3, 2013
Bulldog wrote:
<quoted text>
There were alot of Comerzans. Jack the eldest, then Jill who is married to Dave Marcott, Diane, then their were also twins but I don't remember their names. They live in 1st street near Southfield and their home backed up to the railroad tracks. Jill was one of my first sweethearts at the ice rink, good memories.
The twins were named Denise and Debbie.
Anonymous

Panama City, FL

#4985 Mar 3, 2013
I do really remeber Mrs. Lewis!!! The Hockey MOM, what happened to her?
Anonymous

Panama City, FL

#4986 Mar 3, 2013
remember
Anonymous

Panama City, FL

#4987 Mar 3, 2013
One of her boys married a girl, her brother was named Jack, I think red head kid. We used to hang out...
Mr Basil

Brighton, MI

#4988 Mar 5, 2013
Atl Girl wrote:
<quoted text>. Mr Basil, If you're not sure, why make this statement? And I assume you're a very hard worker.
I'm sure!
Otis 1969

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#4989 Mar 7, 2013
Buckeye Spouse wrote:
Zug Island? Yep husband was there- nasty stuff. Burnt in soaking pits, any compensation for that. Nope "Thataboy" was the comment from supervisors
Buckeye Spouse, you mentioned health in one of your prior posted or an email. Just checking to see if you are ok, hope so.
Buckeye Spouse

Wyandotte, MI

#4990 Mar 7, 2013
Thanks "Otis 1969" for the health comment.. we are in pretty good shape for old folks- ha ha. Sister from the 1965 class has been fighting with health issues for years so having descent health is quite a treasure. Hope you have yours..Plus at least 2 friends from the good ole EHS passed: Kimmery & Sue. Many had passed at the last reunion..sad
Life is pretty darn short but the memories on this site are a lot of fun to think about...

Anyone have stories about the teachers? Mr Lenox was a fr...ing nut case but others were pretty darn good! Mr Ken Fuller, Mr John Ready, Mr Piper. And does anyone remember how clean the locker rooms were? Gosh Mrs ? Smurda was a drill sgt keeping that room clean in her little "cage" area where the towels & swimsuits were all folded per size/color. I know the guys may NOT have had to deal with suits but I enjoyed swimming with the ugly suits! Our PE teacher even made everyone take showers! Times have sure changed!
(excuse my spelling this site does not have spell check & it drives me crazy)..

“Dis guy is a nut.”

Since: Jun 11

Ecorse, Michigan

#4991 Mar 8, 2013
Buckeye Spouse wrote:
Thanks "Otis 1969" for the health comment.. we are in pretty good shape for old folks- ha ha. Sister from the 1965 class has been fighting with health issues for years so having descent health is quite a treasure. Hope you have yours..Plus at least 2 friends from the good ole EHS passed: Kimmery & Sue. Many had passed at the last reunion..sad
Life is pretty darn short but the memories on this site are a lot of fun to think about...
Anyone have stories about the teachers? Mr Lenox was a fr...ing nut case but others were pretty darn good! Mr Ken Fuller, Mr John Ready, Mr Piper. And does anyone remember how clean the locker rooms were? Gosh Mrs ? Smurda was a drill sgt keeping that room clean in her little "cage" area where the towels & swimsuits were all folded per size/color. I know the guys may NOT have had to deal with suits but I enjoyed swimming with the ugly suits! Our PE teacher even made everyone take showers! Times have sure changed!
(excuse my spelling this site does not have spell check & it drives me crazy)..
Please jump to page 218. I did a little memory about some of the teachers who stood out in my mind. I was going to to another chapter, but got lazy or distracted. Hope you like it.
Otis 1969

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#4992 Mar 8, 2013
Buckeye Spouse
In good health, thanks except the usual aches and pains. I had Mr Ken Fuller, Mr John Ready, Mr Piper. Mr Fuller was my best teacher ever. I still remenber a lot of the things he taught us. Mr Piper got me a scholarship to Bowling Green. And Mr Ready helped develope good writing skills with his journal and term paper reqirements.
Everything about growing up Ecorse was great if my memory serve me correctly. We may not have been rich but everyone had the necessities and some of what they wanted.
mjpiche

Trenton, MI

#4993 Mar 10, 2013
Does anyone remember the name of the drive-in restaurant on Southfield Road? Left side of street going towards river. Late 60's.

“Dis guy is a nut.”

Ecorse, Michigan

#4994 Mar 10, 2013
Could you be talking about Carters, the Ecorse police dept. annex, between Jefferson and the river?
BLEEDING HEART

Lincoln Park, MI

#4995 Mar 19, 2013
I remember watching the Ecorse High School hockey team, in 1964-65, play outdoors in the snow, some great games played there. the score booth with a heater inside to keep your feet from freezing.
Atl Girl

Cumming, GA

#4996 Apr 7, 2013
Happy Spring to everyone! We all need a Spring break!

“Dis guy is a nut.”

Ecorse, Michigan

#4997 Apr 8, 2013
Back at ya Girl. Hey howzabout some spring time Ecorse memories. Anything, a sight, a sound, a smell, a feeling or a tradition??? Warm up those winter stiff fingers and start tapping those keys. I've got some, how'bout you's?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Rouge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 13 hr Linden Nj 21,198
News A concise history of Detroit public transit Sat Faith 2
News Group erects tent city for Detroit homeless Sep 21 WATCHING LIVONIA 2
end child slave labor Sep 21 WATCHING LIVONIA 4
Review: Alexis Realty Solutions LLC (Jul '09) Sep 21 Jrm 20
Hello Sep 21 Team Kelly 2
New Republican Graham-Cassidy TrumpCare Worse Sep 21 WATCHING LIVONIA 3

River Rouge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

River Rouge Mortgages