river rouge is going down just like d...

river rouge is going down just like de ray

Posted in the River Rouge Forum

babieblue-7

Melvindale, MI

#1 Mar 6, 2009
rouge was really nice at one time people really care about the city and each other everyone help keep it clean but time gone people just think about ,.## 1 money ##2 them self ##3 drug so much more I don't even want to say life what happen to it one time we are 27 yr's now wow we r 53 yr's old yet I have to go take care
MISSOURI

Seymour, MO

#2 Mar 6, 2009
I lived there most of my life up till about16yrs ago but i come visit once a year and man does it change..Most of my family moved or passed on but i still have a few members that live there so i go back every year to see them..I went to Dunn school and i seen it was closed that is crazy. But anyway ya i agree with you on how it use to be, and what it is now..
babieblue-7

Melvindale, MI

#3 Mar 11, 2009
hello,how eveyone out doing?? well at one time r.r. wes good place well NOT some one borken in are houes took evveything from us I think I just want to get the HELL out of here now right befor x-mas some one borken in my houes only 3.5 mo I got 2 time evey yhing I could just DIE well I think I die I just dont't feely thing like I use too my boy friend don't understand becaues nothing was take of his sooo I CRY & CRY becaues someone was in my houes in my bedroom too have to go byee take care all god blesss babieblue
Johnny

San Diego, CA

#4 Mar 19, 2009
babieblue-7 wrote:
rouge was really nice at one time people really care about the city and each other everyone help keep it clean but time gone people just think about ,.## 1 money ##2 them self ##3 drug so much more I don't even want to say life what happen to it one time we are 27 yr's now wow we r 53 yr's old yet I have to go take care
Rouge still has a ways to go before it can be compared to Del Ray. There are still many people there that care but they are sadly fighting a losing battle. With the bad economy and losing much of its tax base people are in survival mode 24/7. I grew up there and still visit often and have never felt i was ever in any danger. But I dare anyone to walk the streets of Del Ray at night, hell even in the daytime. The strech of Jefferson ave from the Rouge Bridge to the old Ft. Wayne is the scariest place i've ever been.
what

Melvindale, MI

#5 Mar 19, 2009
babieblue-7 wrote:
hello,how eveyone out doing?? well at one time r.r. wes good place well NOT some one borken in are houes took evveything from us I think I just want to get the HELL out of here now right befor x-mas some one borken in my houes only 3.5 mo I got 2 time evey yhing I could just DIE well I think I die I just dont't feely thing like I use too my boy friend don't understand becaues nothing was take of his sooo I CRY & CRY becaues someone was in my houes in my bedroom too have to go byee take care all god blesss babieblue
What??????????
Ccan

Wilmette, IL

#6 Mar 30, 2009
babieblue-7 wrote:
You are so right, I klieve in Illinois now. I left thre in 1976 to attendanotehr high scholl. It was going down ten. I came back to visit my Mother's grave site and the town, espcially Visiger and nearby streets were flithy. I couldn't believe it.
got ya

Waterford, MI

#7 Jan 9, 2010
Johnny wrote:
<quoted text>
Rouge still has a ways to go before it can be compared to Del Ray. There are still many people there that care but they are sadly fighting a losing battle. With the bad economy and losing much of its tax base people are in survival mode 24/7. I grew up there and still visit often and have never felt i was ever in any danger. But I dare anyone to walk the streets of Del Ray at night, hell even in the daytime. The strech of Jefferson ave from the Rouge Bridge to the old Ft. Wayne is the scariest place i've ever been.
rrpanther we are delray now you can't walk down the street after dark i would like too see you make down goodell after dark we don't even go down there they would eat u up! now we are the scairest place you ever been
Former Ghetto Rat

San Diego, CA

#8 Feb 25, 2010
Funny how the street i grew up on actually got worse as it got darker. Not racist, factoid ?
Ray

Morristown, TN

#9 Aug 25, 2010
Former Ghetto Rat wrote:
Funny how the street i grew up on actually got worse as it got darker. Not racist, factoid ?
I grew up there as well, went to dunn school and am 51 so I probably know most of you posting here. I grew up on Batavia street and used to ride my mini bikes up and down the alley behind Richter street and Goodell Street. I still have family there and although it has gotten worse since I lived there it has been the same for years. If any of you think you know me write back, Batavia was only 3 blocks long..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Rouge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Feds Say Metro Detroit Cancer Doctor's Victims ... 5 hr Free Kwame 1
Jack Van Impe is dead (Mar '11) 8 hr bob 478
News Scenes from Jerry Vile's 'Oracle of Vile' art show 11 hr Schlitz_drinker 1
News Elderly Detroit man with dementia missing 15 hr Free Kwame 1
News Antonio's to reopen former Italian restaurant i... (Jun '13) Sun WATCHING LIVONIA 15
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Sun Hello 19,944
News NAACP to Symbolically Bury N Word (Jul '07) Sun Jason 1,245
More from around the web

River Rouge People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]