Watching

Panama City Beach, FL

#1 Jan 19, 2013
A new study from Education Week shows that at least a third of teenagers in the nation are dropping out of school without earning their diplomas. Detroit has the worst rate: Fewer than 25 percent of freshmen go on to graduate.
Snot

Romulus, MI

#2 Jan 19, 2013
Americans are being groomed to work like China and drive Asian style economy cars, so really it doesn't take much brain power to hold a job in a sweat shop to earn an economy car to drive then end up in section 8 housing ?

The future of our country, enjoy....
Pete

Livonia, MI

#3 Jan 19, 2013
Plus a lot of those who do graduate are not "earning their diplomas." Even graduates can be functionally illiterate.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#4 Jan 19, 2013
Pete wrote:
Plus a lot of those who do graduate are not "earning their diplomas." Even graduates can be functionally illiterate.
The "no child left behind " program is a failure. It lowers a high school diploma to the level of a T-Ball participation certificate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Rouge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 36 min Strong Black Man 21,293
News Dan Gilbert says poor Detroiters need jobs, but... 2 hr ThomasA 3
Be a helping hand. Thu test 2
News Activist compares Detroit PETA billboard to KKK Thu alicia 6
News Antonio's to reopen former Italian restaurant i... (Jun '13) Wed WATCHING LIVONIA 24
Ecorse -- REMEMBER WHEN .... (Aug '07) Dec 11 Mr Danovich 4,727
Time to deport all muslims from the USA Dec 10 Cat Fan 4

River Rouge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

River Rouge Mortgages