Brian Dickerson: History, fairness will have to wait in Michigan gay marriage case

Oct 17, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Detroit Free Press

Supporters of gay marriage show their disappointment after Judge Bernard Friedman elected not to rule on the state's gay marriage ban outside federal court in Detroit on Wednesday.

Comments
1 - 20 of 28 Comments Last updated Oct 22, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Actually, this is good news.

“ WOOF !”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

So we'l have to wait a few months. I'm sure we will prevail.

And we will probably have New Mexico very soon.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

snyper wrote:
Actually, this is good news.
I agree. He wants to get everything out and on the record, just like Judge Walker did out in California. Once it's on the record, it'll a) be far more difficult to overturn and b) we'll get LOADS of support for our side to demonstrate that they don't HAVE an argument--just like at the Prop 8 trial.

I'm looking forward to hearing how the State justifies a "compelling state interest" in carving out a subset of citizens for unequal treatment based on other people's religions.

WHEN will the bigots learn that they can't do this?? And when will politicians quit trying to grandstand on this issue and just get the hell out of the way???

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

What's next, boys using the girls bathroom?? Oh wait, the governor of California already ok'd that. God help us all...

“ WOOF !”

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Sneaky Pete wrote:
What's next, boys using the girls bathroom?? Oh wait, the governor of California already ok'd that. God help us all...
That's been the law for several DECADES in New York.

“Marriage Equality”

Lakeland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Sneaky Pete wrote:
Is there anything that doesn't terrify and/or panic you?

“Come and get it! ”

Traverse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
That's been the law for several DECADES in New York.
Ahhh, New York. The other land of fruits and nuts. Anytime those two states ever feel like seceding, it'd be ok with me.

“Come and get it! ”

Traverse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there anything that doesn't terrify and/or panic you?
Guys using the girls bathroom under the ruse that they've got a "sexual orientation disorder" doesn't scare you??

“ WOOF !”

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>Ahhh, New York. The other land of fruits and nuts. Anytime those two states ever feel like seceding, it'd be ok with me.
Have you ever been to New York ?(the city or the state).

“Marriage Equality”

Lakeland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>Guys using the girls bathroom under the ruse that they've got a "sexual orientation disorder" doesn't scare you??
Of course not. I'm a grown up.

“ WOOF !”

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>Guys using the girls bathroom under the ruse that they've got a "sexual orientation disorder" doesn't scare you??
My fiancee, who was a drag queen, always used the Ladies Room when she was dressed. Nobody ever complained.

“Come and get it! ”

Traverse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever been to New York ?(the city or the state).
Yea, visited the city a couple of years ago. Didn't talk to the locals too much, but the city itself was a pretty damn impressive place for a lowly woodtick like myself. I'd never want to live there, but it's a place everybody should visit at least once.

“Come and get it! ”

Traverse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course not. I'm a grown up.
If that doesn't bother you, then you're sick in the head. Not saying it to be offensive, just saying that there something seriously wrong with people who think that's ok. Bathrooms are gender specific for a reason. I don't have a daughter, but I do have a young niece, and if some guy walked into the girls bathroom while she was in there, I'd drag the guy out to the parking lot by his hair.
Pete

Livonia, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>If that doesn't bother you, then you're sick in the head. Not saying it to be offensive, just saying that there something seriously wrong with people who think that's ok. Bathrooms are gender specific for a reason. I don't have a daughter, but I do have a young niece, and if some guy walked into the girls bathroom while she was in there, I'd drag the guy out to the parking lot by his hair.
You'd have to go in that bathroom yourself then and maybe he would have natural hair. It's much easier to drag someone by their feet, but sometimes you need to render them unconscious first. You clearly do not have experience with this.

“Marriage Equality”

Lakeland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>If that doesn't bother you, then you're sick in the head. Not saying it to be offensive, just saying that there something seriously wrong with people who think that's ok. Bathrooms are gender specific for a reason. I don't have a daughter, but I do have a young niece, and if some guy walked into the girls bathroom while she was in there, I'd drag the guy out to the parking lot by his hair.
You spend WAY too much time panicking over stupid things.

You also don't seem to get out much. In almost every super-busy restaurant and certainly every bar I've ever been to, the men's room is always full of women using the stalls while the men pee in the urinal. So what?? Why should they all stand in line and wait for a stall in the women's room when there are empty stall in the men's room. Usually, it's the guys that invite them in, but often, the women just walk right in on their own. Who cares??

And in most of the gay bars I've ever been in, the drag queens are usually in the women's restroom getting dressed and doing their hair and makeup. Do the women that need to use the women's room run screaming into the streets, peeing down their legs because there are BOYS in the women's room?? Of course not. There are doors on the stalls, aren't there???

You're getting yourself all worked up about your fantasy that grown men go into "girls" bathrooms to sneak peeks at their girly bits. Dude. Seriously?? Have you SEEN girly bits??? There's NOTHING TO SEE!!! And grown men in 2013 don't NEED to sneak peeks at girly bits in a restroom. They have the INTERNET if they want to see girly bits. MILLIONS of hours of videos FOR FREE on THOUSANDS of websites. Seeing girly bits is NOT A PROBLEM that grown men have anymore.

ANYONE that would sneak into a girls restroom for THAT reason is a crazy and should be stopped. But, I guarantee you, NO reasonable grown up goes into the girls bathroom to sneak peeks at girly bits. That just doesn't happen in the real world that the rest of us live in. That only happens in YOUR world. The warped world of panic over everything, even things that will never happen.

“Come and get it! ”

Traverse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

eJohn wrote:
In almost every super-busy restaurant and certainly every bar I've ever been to, the men's room is always full of women using the stalls while the men pee in the urinal. Have you SEEN girly bits??? There's NOTHING TO SEE!!!
"In almost every super-busy restaurant", the mens room is always "full of women"??? Do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound? You're either just kidding around or are truly are out of your mind, and if the latter is the case, then seriously seek some help.

And you justify grown men going into the girls bathroom because little girls have "girly bits" and therefore "nothing to see"?

You're obviously living in some kind of perverted reality, and that being the case, I refuse to converse any further with such filth of society. May God have mercy on your soul.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

Sneaky Pete wrote:
You have M/F segregated bathrooms at home?

STALLS, dude. STALLS.

“Come and get it! ”

Traverse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
You have M/F segregated bathrooms at home?
STALLS, dude. STALLS.
Um, I don't have creepy, cross dressing dudes sneaking into my bathroom at home, so no. You stick with your open bathroom policy in your little fantasy world. The other 99.9% of us will continue to enjoy acting normal.

“Marriage Equality”

Lakeland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>"In almost every super-busy restaurant", the mens room is always "full of women"??? Do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound? You're either just kidding around or are truly are out of your mind, and if the latter is the case, then seriously seek some help.
So because that doesn't happen at The Cracker Barrel or Chik-Fil-A, I need help? Again, you obviously don't get out much. Which isn't a surprised considering the ridiculous things you post here, hoping that someone will buy them.
Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
And you justify grown men going into the girls bathroom because little girls have "girly bits" and therefore "nothing to see"?
Did I justify it?? How?? I specifically condemned it. You work for Fox "News", don't you?? If you don't, you should send them a resume. They employ lots of "news" writers like you!
Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
You're obviously living in some kind of perverted reality, and that being the case, I refuse to converse any further with such filth of society. May God have mercy on your soul.
LOL!!!! God have mercy. Good one!!*I* live in a "perverted reality" because I'm not crapping my pants over things that never happen?? I think God's on my side of this one, dear.

“Marriage Equality”

Lakeland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>Um, I don't have creepy, cross dressing dudes sneaking into my bathroom at home, so no. You stick with your open bathroom policy in your little fantasy world. The other 99.9% of us will continue to enjoy acting normal.
Just curious. You DO know that girls don't use urinals, right?? ALL the girls use stalls in the girls restroom. Stalls with doors that close and lock.

You could bring a news crew with lights and TV cameras into most women's restrooms and never see anything more provocative than women washing their hands and checking themselves in the mirror before they head back out.

Your fantasy of guys sneaking into the women's room to sneak peeks at girly bits is just that--your fantasy. That *NEVER* happens in the real world.

Sorry to burst you bubble, dude. But you can keep jerking off to that image anyway. No one can take that away from you, can they?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

River Rouge Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

River Rouge People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••