Hardcore Pawn is a JOKE!

Since: Nov 11

Phenix City, AL

#22 Jan 3, 2013
Brooks wrote:
<quoted text>
The functional literacy rate in Detroit is 53%. The number with felony records is also high. Welfare is rampant. Then there are those who refuse any employment. This makes it difficult to recruit star quality actors.
I know the people of Detroit so I can judge them. I don't need a show to guide me. I have my own stories of victimization. There simply is no way to paint a pretty picture of Detroit culture. You are in total denial.

Pride in my birthplace, yes. Denial, no. I think I know better than most the dire straits Detroit is in. However, I do know from experience that not all Detroiters are like the actors and undesirables seen on that show, which, btw, plays into every Jewish/Black people stereotype known to man.
Meanie

Royal Oak, MI

#23 Jan 3, 2013
Kallark27 wrote:
<quoted text>.
Pride in my birthplace, yes. Denial, no. I think I know better than most the dire straits Detroit is in. However, I do know from experience that not all Detroiters are like the actors and undesirables seen on that show, which, btw, plays into every Jewish/Black people stereotype known to man.
Thou best open thine eyes, Kall. Many Detroiters, and I mean blacks, are VERY similar, if not exact, to the mentality most display on that show. It's the "entitlement" mentality and it's not just within that show. I've hired many blacks in the past and I was astonished at that mindset of "you owe me".

Yea, it's a hard gulp for you to swallow, but you are very much aware of that fact even if you deny it.
Pete

Livonia, MI

#24 Jan 3, 2013
Kallark27 wrote:
<quoted text>.
Who is buying all those TVs stolen in home break-ins? It's all the uncles, aunts, parents, grand parents, brothers and sisters. Thieves are not running that stuff out to the suburbs for the most part. The so called "good people" are right in the center of supporting the criminal element that is their kin.

Charlotte, NC

#25 Jan 3, 2013
Meanie wrote:
<quoted text>
Thou best open thine eyes, Kall. Many Detroiters, and I mean blacks, are VERY similar, if not exact, to the mentality most display on that show. It's the "entitlement" mentality and it's not just within that show. I've hired many blacks in the past and I was astonished at that mindset of "you owe me".
Yea, it's a hard gulp for you to swallow, but you are very much aware of that fact even if you deny it.
Why does everyone on here think I'm in denial?? Why do you all insist on deluding yourself into believing that?? Have I not said a million times over that Detroit is going through a rough period right now? Have I not agreed that some Detroiters have that selfish, entitlement attitude?? I'm sorry you've ONLY been exposed to us wicked, selfish Blackies lol.
Meanie

Royal Oak, MI

#26 Jan 4, 2013
Kallark27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does everyone on here think I'm in denial?? Why do you all insist on deluding yourself into believing that?? Have I not said a million times over that Detroit is going through a rough period right now? Have I not agreed that some Detroiters have that selfish, entitlement attitude?? I'm sorry you've ONLY been exposed to us wicked, selfish Blackies lol.
You attempt to sugar coat as if it's a temporary ordeal. "Detroit is is going through a rough period." Perhaps the city government is, then again, it's always been a piss poor running body. "Some" Detroiters have that selfish entitlement attitude." If I had to place a bet, I would bet about 85% of that attitude partakes and that's just the black race. Therefore, yes, you're partially in denial due to your inability to recognize it's not a short term concern. It's imbedded into the minds of most black people. It's taught and shared amongst like peers. Even the white kids in the same environment recognize it. They are disgusted at the fact many blacks believe they are being held down and are entitled to advancement while their white counterpart is undeserving. Frankly, I know several who are tired of that attitude.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#27 Jan 4, 2013
Meanie wrote:
<quoted text>
You attempt to sugar coat as if it's a temporary ordeal. "Detroit is is going through a rough period." Perhaps the city government is, then again, it's always been a piss poor running body. "Some" Detroiters have that selfish entitlement attitude." If I had to place a bet, I would bet about 85% of that attitude partakes and that's just the black race. Therefore, yes, you're partially in denial due to your inability to recognize it's not a short term concern. It's imbedded into the minds of most black people. It's taught and shared amongst like peers. Even the white kids in the same environment recognize it. They are disgusted at the fact many blacks believe they are being held down and are entitled to advancement while their white counterpart is undeserving. Frankly, I know several who are tired of that attitude.
The main problem is how do you get that attitude of "you owe me" out of the people? There are programs for unemployed and underemployed people to get training to get a job or even a better job but what is it going to take to get these people off the front porch and into training? One way would be to cut off all types of public assistance to anyone who was not actively enrolled in such a program unless they are truly 100% handicapped or mentally unable to work. All others would have to enroll or face being cut off of the public dole. Hungry bellies could help solve the problem.
Meanie

Royal Oak, MI

#28 Jan 4, 2013
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>The main problem is how do you get that attitude of "you owe me" out of the people? There are programs for unemployed and underemployed people to get training to get a job or even a better job but what is it going to take to get these people off the front porch and into training? One way would be to cut off all types of public assistance to anyone who was not actively enrolled in such a program unless they are truly 100% handicapped or mentally unable to work. All others would have to enroll or face being cut off of the public dole. Hungry bellies could help solve the problem.
Agreed. Government handouts are far too lenient. The government needs to grow a spine and say "you don't like it, too damn bad". Though, one problem I foresee with a hard slap is not necessarily forcing people to work, it'll be forcing some to enter crime because it's easier for the lazy bastards. Again, this is were the government needs to get a spine and apply extremely harsh penalties to criminals, including swift execution.

I would bet my life if people are aware of the message "we will not tolerate it", "you will be held accountable for your own actions" and "you will be punished severely", the reduction in crime and government handouts will diminish greatly.

Spartanburg, SC

#29 Jan 4, 2013
Meanie wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Your opinion is your opinion. You will never understand and I don't expect you to. I'm sure I won't understand your point of view either. What I don't understand is why people take what's on TV or perhaps the few "bad" people they experience in life and use them to judge everyone else. I guess it is what it is.
Meanie

Royal Oak, MI

#30 Jan 4, 2013
Kallark27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Your opinion is your opinion. You will never understand and I don't expect you to. I'm sure I won't understand your point of view either. What I don't understand is why people take what's on TV or perhaps the few "bad" people they experience in life and use them to judge everyone else. I guess it is what it is.
Because your assumption is the belief we are opining based on a handful of people when the reality differs.

I've been dealing with this issue for MANY years and the truth is, I really hate to have these opinions, but it's unavoidable when one continues to witness the similar character at almost every encounter.

I'm willing to bet you won't witness these acts due to your being the same race. Blacks act differently with each other. When they make contact with a white man....BAM...they are the sh*t and we owe them instant respect. Therefore, yes, we'll agree to disagree even though, we both know I'm correct.

Charlotte, NC

#31 Jan 4, 2013
Meanie wrote:
<quoted text>
Because your assumption is the belief we are opining based on a handful of people when the reality differs.
I've been dealing with this issue for MANY years and the truth is, I really hate to have these opinions, but it's unavoidable when one continues to witness the similar character at almost every encounter.
I'm willing to bet you won't witness these acts due to your being the same race. Blacks act differently with each other. When they make contact with a white man....BAM...they are the sh*t and we owe them instant respect. Therefore, yes, we'll agree to disagree even though, we both know I'm correct.
Ok. Well your presumptuosness is a tad bit arrogant, irritating, and self-righteous. It's as if you nor any other white person can do wrong. Amongst members of your own "race" you see yourself and other whites as relatively blameless; which leads me to the conclusion that your opinion is subjective, not factual even though you wish to present it as factual. I'll say it again, until you personally get to know over 700,000 Detroiters then you should keep your mouth shut when it comes to condemnation. Moreover, don't you dare twist my words to your liking by saying I condone the wickedness and corruption that is a part of Detroit right now. There is wickedness and corruption in all communities.
Pete

Livonia, MI

#32 Jan 4, 2013
Kallark27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. Well your presumptuosness is a tad bit arrogant, irritating, and self-righteous. It's as if you nor any other white person can do wrong. Amongst members of your own "race" you see yourself and other whites as relatively blameless; which leads me to the conclusion that your opinion is subjective, not factual even though you wish to present it as factual. I'll say it again, until you personally get to know over 700,000 Detroiters then you should keep your mouth shut when it comes to condemnation. Moreover, don't you dare twist my words to your liking by saying I condone the wickedness and corruption that is a part of Detroit right now. There is wickedness and corruption in all communities.
In conjunction with Benny Napolean's statements recently, the news interviewed people on the street from Palmer Woods. They were all black, but one would not know without the video. They spoke English correctly with complete sentences and coherent thoughts. I identify with those people and I bet they identify with me more than either of us identify with the preponderance of Detroiters(and probably you as well). Yes, there are criminals in the Vatican. Still, it's an expression of ignorance not to recognize the overwhelming percentage of criminals and mental defectives that populate the city. It's not the same as West Bloomfield or Warren.
You simply want to argue and refuse to accept the numbers. Rather you would point to a crime here and there outside the city and say that makes everything equal. It's not equal. A growing number of blacks in Detroit are calling for law and order any possible way so they can simply walk to their garages. On the news a black woman yells, "Come on black people. What the hell are we doing?" Blacks are calling for the return of STRESS even with a loss of civil rights.

Sometimes reality is hard to swallow. Your persistence in defending the indefensible proves that.
loch ness

Plymouth, MI

#33 Jan 4, 2013
Detroit has already had bad image fer decades. Any city has problems to an extent. This show makes detroit look even worse. Shows like this r a good reason to give up cable or satellite.

Birmingham, AL

#34 Jan 4, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
In conjunction with Benny Napolean's statements recently, the news interviewed people on the street from Palmer Woods. They were all black, but one would not know without the video. They spoke English correctly with complete sentences and coherent thoughts. I identify with those people and I bet they identify with me more than either of us identify with the preponderance of Detroiters(and probably you as well). Yes, there are criminals in the Vatican. Still, it's an expression of ignorance not to recognize the overwhelming percentage of criminals and mental defectives that populate the city. It's not the same as West Bloomfield or Warren.
You simply want to argue and refuse to accept the numbers. Rather you would point to a crime here and there outside the city and say that makes everything equal. It's not equal. A growing number of blacks in Detroit are calling for law and order any possible way so they can simply walk to their garages. On the news a black woman yells, "Come on black people. What the hell are we doing?" Blacks are calling for the return of STRESS even with a loss of civil rights.
Sometimes reality is hard to swallow. Your persistence in defending the indefensible proves that.
How am I "defending the indefensible?" Answer me that please. I only said don't paint all Detroiters with the same brush. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. Why is that so difficult for you to comprehend? None of us are in any position to condemn anyone as being more or less wicked or corrupt. I agree with that woman's statement about Detroit. I agree with the disgust and outrage of Detroiters. I find the homicide rate in Detroit for last year UTTERLY reprehensible. Are my feelings and thoughts on the city of Detroit clear enough for you now?? Do you understand my viewpoint? Or are you going to twist everything around to suit you and your delusions of me and Detroiters?
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#35 Jan 4, 2013
Meanie wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. Government handouts are far too lenient. The government needs to grow a spine and say "you don't like it, too damn bad". Though, one problem I foresee with a hard slap is not necessarily forcing people to work, it'll be forcing some to enter crime because it's easier for the lazy bastards. Again, this is were the government needs to get a spine and apply extremely harsh penalties to criminals, including swift execution.
I would bet my life if people are aware of the message "we will not tolerate it", "you will be held accountable for your own actions" and "you will be punished severely", the reduction in crime and government handouts will diminish greatly.
When Katrina hit New Orleans, it did the city a favor by ridding the slums and ghettos of many of the two legged cockroaches. And these vermin couldn't understand why the city was so slow about building back a nest for them. Now if Detroit could just figure a way to scatter a few hundred thousand ghetto maggots to the winds......... oh well, you get the picture.
Lola

Oklahoma City, OK

#36 Jan 5, 2013
I am shocked at some of the comments on here. What is it that you think of the white street criminal or the white ones on social program? The black person is looking for a handout and the white one is what?
Lola

Oklahoma City, OK

#37 Jan 5, 2013
Meanie wrote:
<quoted text>
Are there not white pepole on welfare and foodstamps and getting all kinds of government handouts??? Despite the stereotype out there according to the stats there are more white people on foodstamps than blacks... But people turn a blind eye to that fact.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#38 Jan 5, 2013
Lola wrote:
<quoted text>
Are there not white pepole on welfare and foodstamps and getting all kinds of government handouts??? Despite the stereotype out there according to the stats there are more white people on foodstamps than blacks... But people turn a blind eye to that fact.
Whose main objective in life is to taunt authority? Who thinks burning down their neighborhoods will make things better? Who chooses to live like rats in their own filth waiting on someone to pick up after them? Who..........Fill in the blanks.
Pete

Livonia, MI

#39 Jan 5, 2013
Kallark27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is that so difficult for you to comprehend? None of us are in any position to condemn anyone as being more or less wicked or corrupt.
This is a key point. Yes, those of us who are not killing people in such egregious numbers are totally in a position to condemn those who are more wicked and corrupt. You do not feel you are in such a position so you do not. Oh, you make references here, but again, where are all those stolen TV's going? They ain't coming to my neighborhood in large numbers. My kid is not bringing home stolen goods or rolling all night long.

Spartanburg, SC

#40 Jan 5, 2013
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>Whose main objective in life is to taunt authority? Who thinks burning down their neighborhoods will make things better? Who chooses to live like rats in their own filth waiting on someone to pick up after them? Who..........Fill in the blanks.
Delusional hypocrisy my friend. "Main objective to taunt authority." That's a stupidly bold statement to make. White people burn down cities and riot when their favorite sports team loses. Timothy McVeigh taunted authority by blowing up a building with men women and children inside. You see, whether it's "minor" to you or not, white people do the same things and live the same way. They are not more "civilized" than anyone else regardless of how holy and righteous you make them out to be.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#41 Jan 5, 2013
Kallark27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Delusional hypocrisy my friend. "Main objective to taunt authority." That's a stupidly bold statement to make. White people burn down cities and riot when their favorite sports team loses. Timothy McVeigh taunted authority by blowing up a building with men women and children inside. You see, whether it's "minor" to you or not, white people do the same things and live the same way. They are not more "civilized" than anyone else regardless of how holy and righteous you make them out to be.
Name me a town in this country with the concentration of uncivilized Caucasians to compare to the same concentration of uncivilized non-Caucasians in Detroit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Rouge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr Mcm123 21,338
Furniture 8 hr Post Reply 1
Draft dodging & Detroit. (Selective Service) 18 hr RodgerDodger 2
News Man called mastermind in 2005 Makki murder to f... (Dec '07) Nov 14 Mikes nephew K 28
Free masons threatening man in Derby Connecticu... Nov 13 Jesse Rishel 21
River Rouge Musicians (Feb '10) Oct '17 Bassman Walks 2
News DTE Energy DTE Energy announces plan to reduce ... (May '17) May '17 Solarman 1

River Rouge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

River Rouge Mortgages