Duggan Certified To Run For Detroit M...

Duggan Certified To Run For Detroit Mayor

There are 1 comment on the CBS Local story from May 23, 2013, titled Duggan Certified To Run For Detroit Mayor. In it, CBS Local reports that:

Thursday's vote comes after fellow mayoral candidate Tom Barrow said Duggan should be disqualified because he was not a registered voter at the time he sent in his nominating petitions to run for the office.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS Local.

Pete

Livonia, MI

#1 May 23, 2013
One would hope this decision was the end of it. It won't be. I think it's silly to question the fact that Duggan's filing was too early. However, It has been pointed out that several people have already been disqualified for doing exactly what Duggan did. Why were those people disqualified? If the law is right for Duggan, why was it not the same for others? I just need that little question answered and I'm good.

We all know Barrow is a whiner, but let's just address all the points.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Rouge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Mayor of Detroit is Wrong, Here is a Better... (Feb '10) 6 hr Tony 458
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 10 hr TN Voter 20,083
Jack Van Impe is dead (Mar '11) 19 hr rexella 484
For or against closing strip clubs in Detroit 20 hr Friends Project 3
News COLUMN: If you tell a devil worshipper to go to... 21 hr marvindo 2
Natural Gas, High Speed Trains, Etc. Sat Tony 14
What would be the best way to CLEAN UP DETROIT? (Sep '14) Sat Tony 150
More from around the web

Personal Finance

River Rouge Mortgages