City of River Rouge Animal Shelter Worst in State of Michigan

Posted in the River Rouge Forum

Justine DePalma

Croswell, MI

#1 May 3, 2008
Just published an article about the City of River Rouge animal shelter. Did you know that River Rouge kills every animal that enters the shelter? Over 1000 dogs, cats, puppies and kittens were gassed in a barrel last year. Not one adoption occurred. Find out more and how to make a difference visit: http://www.michanimalnews.com/River_Rouge.htm...
james and gina

United States

#2 Sep 2, 2008
If this is true about the city's animal shelter, then something must be done to prevent such catastrophies from happening to these poor animals. We will check into this!!!!
Who me

Southgate, MI

#3 Apr 6, 2009
Justine
How many time shave you been to the shelter?
Or how about your friends who came down claiming they would be there to help? Not a single one of you have shown up! I have been there and volunteered and have yet to see one of you come out of the light of the cameras to help.

I also noticed you have a website asking for donations. Where does the money go? Are you doing anything for animals other than getting your name in the papers?

You have also printed false information...

QUOTE FROM YOUR WEBSITE
"So for all these years Bowling gassed every single dog and cat that entered his shelter. Every single one."

NOT TRUE. I have 2 dogs that I got from the shelter and I know of at least 2 other people who have animals from that shelter.

So what is your true angle? And when can we expect to see you at the River Rouge Shelter helping out?
Get a real job Justine

Ecorse, MI

#4 Sep 11, 2009
Hey Justine,
How can you possibly know what's going on in River Rouge when you post your ramblings from a computer? Bet it's easy to slam different animal shelters all the while pitching donations for your website. Ever took the time to meet the RR AC officer? You won't ever meet a nicer, kinder man. He follows policy and does his job. He looks out for RR citizens and makes sure everyone is treated the same regardless of politics. Next time you're searching for cities to condemn why not change your search to the "want ads" and get yourself a REAl job!
HolyCowChit

Melvindale, MI

#5 Oct 10, 2009
you should call Scott Lewis of TV 2fox news....i'm from Ecorse and your Dogman is horrid when it comes to stray animals..
NOT

Norwood, MO

#6 Oct 29, 2009
vhdioasfgbuivyfhioanvifad
To HolyCowChit

Ecorse, MI

#7 Nov 11, 2009
Don't confuse people with "Your Dogman" and the RR Animal Control Officer. One works, the other doesn't. Guess that's what you get with political appointments -- people who can't do the job but still collect a paycheck.
Who me

Southgate, MI

#8 Dec 20, 2009
Still does not answer the question.....

Wherer are all of the bleeding heart animal rights people at? How many have come to River Rouge, except, to see themselves on TV?
Dog Lover RR

River Rouge, MI

#9 Feb 4, 2010
Look, Ernie is a great guy. You can't judge someone without walking in their shoes. I have personally been in the animal shelter and it is VERY clean. The animals are WELL taken care of. There have been alot of rumors circulating over the last year or so concerning the shelter. The most common was of a list of dogs that were exterminated. The lesser circulated rumor was that there are 2 lists, 1 list of exterminated animals, and another list of adopted animals. Rumor has it that only 1 list was looked at when all of this went down. Later after the uproar the adopted list was asked for. Why else do you think he was able to keep his job? I have adopted 2 dogs in the last 5 years from the RR Shelter. Ernie loves animals. Hell, he has I believe 6 dogs not to mention other animals.
oldtimer

Morristown, TN

#10 Aug 26, 2010
I remember when John Westerdale was the dog catcher and he was real young and not yet a police officer. He was a very outgoing person and he too cared about the animals and the owners as well.
Ian Krzemien

Melvindale, MI

#11 Aug 12, 2013
The old history of the River Rouge Animal Shelter speaks for it self and the ACO. Come take a look at it now totaly remodeled. not ONE animal put down in just over a yr. It was cause of a great lady that now with my help and others give love and respect to the animals.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Rouge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Detroit firefighters' equipment stolen off truck 58 min reality is a crutch 1
Saws Stolen From Detroit Fire Truck As Crews Ba... 12 hr mike 3
Deadly force a " in black and white 17 hr No_More_Dems 83
UPDATE 1-Russia's Severstal sells U.S. plants t... 21 hr Bugsby 10
At Detroit's border, a barrier separates the ha... 23 hr Warez 3
What would be the best way to CLEAN UP DETROIT? Wed Tony 37
City Feeds Restaurant Inspections to Yelp; Mich... Wed reality is a crutch 1
River Rouge Dating
Find my Match

River Rouge Jobs