Detroit mom angry after cops put her ...

Detroit mom angry after cops put her 11-year-old in handcuffs

There are 8 comments on the Detroit Free Press story from Jul 2, 2014, titled Detroit mom angry after cops put her 11-year-old in handcuffs. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

Ti-yay Nelson, 11, of Detroit at attorney Karri Mitchell's office in Oak Park today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

kev

Taylor, MI

#1 Jul 2, 2014
This is an experience he'll never soon forget.now he has something to tell people about
mike

Akron, OH

#2 Jul 3, 2014
Where is the father?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#3 Jul 3, 2014
Detroit mom demonstrating the classic inability to take responsibility for her poor parenting skills.....actually typical....
mike

Akron, OH

#4 Jul 3, 2014
probably doesn't pay her water bill either!

Since: Jul 14

Bowling Green, KY

#5 Jul 3, 2014
Moral of the story: Don't let your kid hang with hoodlums.
Steve

Columbia, SC

#7 Jul 3, 2014
The police kept trying to coerce the boy to confess to a crime. Even if guilty, he has a right not to answer questions and incriminate himself. The police try to read those rights matter of factly without explaining them. They probably also told the boy that the others confessed and said he did it. This is how they work. That is legal. It's not about innocence or guilt. It's more about putting somebody away or giving a kid a record he does not deserve. Thankfully the kid was schooled enough to stick to his story and not buckle to the pressure. He should have said squat.

Police use confessions in place of police work in over 50% of cases. They are impotent as hell without them.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#10 Jul 4, 2014
toomanymistakes wrote:
<quoted text> The should have cuffed and stuffed the mother too. Giving a kid an idiotic name like that should be categorized as felony stupidity
Those names are designed to make sure, they never get a job...and never have to actually work....
Jim Dandy

Bethesda, MD

#12 Jul 4, 2014
You can call me Ray; or you can call me RJ; or you can call me Raymond; but you doesn't have to call me Johnson.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Rouge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Mon Pedro 21,284
Tony Nova back for a night of All things House ... Mon newswatchnow 1
Detroitís best adult Halloween Costume Party 20... Mon newswatchnow 1
Outlaws M.A. "CHAINS" died. Sun Just saying 2
Whistle Stop Pop Shop (Jan '17) Oct 15 michigander 4
Eminem: Ignorant tool of the system Oct 11 peanut mm 1
looking for old high school friend (Sep '08) Oct 11 SwampMaster 10

River Rouge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

River Rouge Mortgages