Cass Corridor art movement more than ...

Cass Corridor art movement more than merely tough

There are 1 comment on the detroitnews.com story from Mar 18, 2013, titled Cass Corridor art movement more than merely tough. In it, detroitnews.com reports that:

That's the sound bite summary of the Cass Corridor movement, the remarkable artistic flowering that sprouted around Wayne State University in the 1960s and '70s. In this distillation, these Detroit artists were making nothing but rough, collage-like constructions, working that "junk aesthetic" with objects scavenged from collapsing factories.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at detroitnews.com.

Pete

Livonia, MI

#1 Mar 18, 2013
Tyree Guyton will remain the all time renowned master of junk art in Detroit and the Cass Corridor. Nobody knows how to hang an old pair of sneakers better.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Rouge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 min Not for Clinton 20,293
News 3-Year-Old Shot On Detroit's East Side; Police ... 2 hr Pop the Weasel 1
Kid rock 2 hr Pop the Weasel 2
News Own the Landmark Dairy Building from a 8 Mile a... 18 hr Pop the Weasel 3
Looking for a male Beagle to breed w/ my Beagle (Aug '12) Tue Tgraham68 26
News Strong communities require fixing Michigan's lo... Tue Ray 1
News Why I Hate Detroit Tue Pop the Weasel 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

River Rouge Mortgages