River Rouge: Animal shelter to stop using poisonous gas

May 23, 2008 Full story: Detroit Free Press

BY ZLATI MEYER * FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER * May 21, 2008 Animals in River Rouge have become a little safer.

Full Story
ALincoln

Redford, MI

#1 May 26, 2008
The animal control for this city has been doing this for years. There have been many compliants, but no one hears them. He is hiding behind the mayor and this is a cover up like always. Politics and Rouge go hand in hand for years. The innocent dogs, cats, and other animals he picks up are the ones paying the price for years. This fella has and will always do what he wants. He has skated before and will get away with this. The sad thing is, the city backs him up. Very sad.
Who me

Southgate, MI

#2 Apr 6, 2009
Where is your proof?
What are your facts?
I have been down there and helped out several times and have yet to see any of you "SO CALLED ANIMAL LOVERS" show up.

It sickens me that you want to make these accusations and drag a person down yet what are you doing to help?

There are a lot of us who ACTUALLY get dirty and go help out. Can you say the same for yourself?
Help out or shut up

Ecorse, MI

#3 Sep 11, 2009
Sure is easy to pass judgement on a man when you have no proof. The "innocent" dogs and cats you talk about are ones owners have left behind to run the streets and starve to death. What about all of the injured dogs left in the streets to die after a night of dog fighting? The RR animal control officer doesn't make policy he enforces it. If you've got a complaint take it up with the city officials -- put your energy into volunteering your time instead of running your mouth. Help out or shut up -- it's just that simple.
WTF

Redford, MI

#4 Jul 18, 2011
Help out or shut up wrote:
Sure is easy to pass judgement on a man when you have no proof. The "innocent" dogs and cats you talk about are ones owners have left behind to run the streets and starve to death. What about all of the injured dogs left in the streets to die after a night of dog fighting? The RR animal control officer doesn't make policy he enforces it. If you've got a complaint take it up with the city officials -- put your energy into volunteering your time instead of running your mouth. Help out or shut up -- it's just that simple.
This man is a heartless ass, just like all his inbread friends that run the city (sh#*hole) River Rouge. A bunch of do nothings and still get paid bastards like a simmilar city nearby. This city is due for a rude awakening. Karma's a bitch.
Old Time Wyandotte Punk

Haverhill, MA

#5 Jul 24, 2011
I remember when the river used to catch on fire in Rouge. Back then it was a rat city with corrupt politicians, with Ecorse and Wyandotte right behind them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Rouge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr Chuck 19,285
Police reports include confessions from Tucker ... (Jun '12) 5 hr Dee Vee 8
Flooding in metro Detroit a call to action on c... 8 hr Number One 4
Lawyer for Eminem's wife files response to divo... (May '06) 9 hr tinglecheese 9
Dwan Sims missing 4yr old 1994 cold case doesn'... (Jul '09) 10 hr Terry 110
Looking for a male Beagle to breed w/ my Beagle (Aug '12) 21 hr GianCarlo 10
Federal judges put a halt to appeals in Detroit... Mon AnalBead 2

River Rouge Jobs

River Rouge People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

River Rouge News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in River Rouge

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]