Editorial: Detroit must mimic NYC in crime fight

Dec 18, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Detroit News

Chief among those services is public safety, without which businesses and middle-class families will not take root.

Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Dec 20, 2013
reality is a crutch

Nashua, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2013

Forget that concept it won't work for Detroit.

I have been to new York, and can tell you first hand that New York has class, dignity, big heart and a soul.,

Detroit you have no class no dignity and no soul, heart what so ever.

Detroit is was it always was a burned out wasted hulk of a city.

Detroit is what you made it. what you voted for
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Howard City, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2013

Unions and govt ruined it..... Bring back Motown Records....... I would love to see the rhythm come back......
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
Unions and govt ruined it..... Bring back Motown Records....... I would love to see the rhythm come back......
The people of Detroit ruined Detroit. They listened to politicians that told them what they wanted to hear and they put them in office over and over again expecting something for nothing. Now you've got second and third generations wanting their piece of the pie they were promised. They want law and order but just no restrictions on their gangsta family members. They call the law and then won't let them do their job when they get there. They sit in filth and complain because no one will clean up around them . They let the unions choke the city and businesses until the well was dry. The city went broke and the factories went south. They accepted the drug culture early on because "everyone was doing it" and didn't realize it was killing neighborhoods one at a time. Not another penny should be handed Detroit until the people stand up and say they have enough of their own doing are willing to take a stand to rid their city of the two legged cockroaches. If not. let the damn place rot!
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Howard City, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text> The people of Detroit ruined Detroit. They listened to politicians that told them what they wanted to hear and they put them in office over and over again expecting something for nothing. Now you've got second and third generations wanting their piece of the pie they were promised. They want law and order but just no restrictions on their gangsta family members. They call the law and then won't let them do their job when they get there. They sit in filth and complain because no one will clean up around them . They let the unions choke the city and businesses until the well was dry. The city went broke and the factories went south. They accepted the drug culture early on because "everyone was doing it" and didn't realize it was killing neighborhoods one at a time. Not another penny should be handed Detroit until the people stand up and say they have enough of their own doing are willing to take a stand to rid their city of the two legged cockroaches. If not. let the damn place rot!
It sounds a lot like the people of Chile a few decades back when they voted in a Communist President then the coup came and Pinocet ruled and killed a ton of people....... Dictators suck.......
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
<quoted text>It sounds a lot like the people of Chile a few decades back when they voted in a Communist President then the coup came and Pinocet ruled and killed a ton of people....... Dictators suck.......
We need a totalitarian dictator appointed to rule over Detroit. If you're not either out looking for work or currently enrolled in a government program to teach unemployed or underemployed people a skill, then no welfare money, ZERO, NOTHING. ONE YEAR term in public housing unless you're enrolled in the same. If you're on the streets and aren't busy, you will be loaded in a truck and taken to the honey holes to clean up vacant property and street trash to keep busy. You will have picture ID papers on you at all times stating which borough you are allowed to travel in. Politicians who steal from the people he represents will stripped naked and thrown out in the streets after his trial to be dealt with by the people he stole from. Anyone thrown out of Les Gold's store will be put in a police car and driven to the city limits and put on the road of their choice, N,S,E,W, to somewhere else! Far fetched yes, but the current system isn't working so why not give it a try. Do I hear a second on that motion?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

River Rouge Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

River Rouge People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••