Detroit police release drawing of sus...

Detroit police release drawing of suspected rapist

There are 8 comments on the Detroit Free Press story from Jan 9, 2011, titled Detroit police release drawing of suspected rapist. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

Several women have been raped on Detroit's northeast side this month and police want citizens to be aware.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

Skeeter

Gaines, MI

#1 Jan 9, 2011
they're simply irresistable
DRIVER

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#2 Jan 9, 2011
I'm a Detroiter,and sick of the poor response from the police department.Here's my story cop pulls me over gives me a ticket (NO SEATBELT)even though seatbelt is on when officer TOWNSIL (3564)I fought the ticket thinking I had a chance,well that was wrong because (Magistrate SIDNEY BARTHWELL JR.)Well the so called magistrate who might as well be a Detroit cop sided with the officer (it's expected)but prior to my case five cops could not make it in that day each cop having around twenty cases.(Sidney) had all the violators stand up tell him how many charges they had and each person had a minimum of two,(Sidney) also explained that the officers could call violators back at their own discretion(normally no cop no charges),did I mention that (Sidney) was collecting for his pension the day I was there because there is a new 25.00 fee charged so if the cop decides to charge violators.Sidney's pension is looking pretty good.If the Detroit Police Department put this much enthusiasm in stopping crime and Magistrates like (Sidney)would dedicate their time to crime.Detroit would be a great city to live in.
Tony

Sterling Heights, MI

#3 Jan 10, 2011
Don't police realize that sometimes it's tough picking up chicks with no job and a felony record. Plus it's expensive buying dinner at McDonalds and cheap wine at the party store. Sometimes a little affirmative action is called for to close the deal.
Tony

Sterling Heights, MI

#4 Jan 10, 2011
DRIVER wrote:
I'm a Detroiter,and sick of the poor response from the police department.Here's my story cop pulls me over gives me a ticket (NO SEATBELT)even though seatbelt is on when officer TOWNSIL (3564)I fought the ticket thinking I had a chance,well that was wrong because (Magistrate SIDNEY BARTHWELL JR.)Well the so called magistrate who might as well be a Detroit cop sided with the officer (it's expected)but prior to my case five cops could not make it in that day each cop having around twenty cases.(Sidney) had all the violators stand up tell him how many charges they had and each person had a minimum of two,(Sidney) also explained that the officers could call violators back at their own discretion(normally no cop no charges),did I mention that (Sidney) was collecting for his pension the day I was there because there is a new 25.00 fee charged so if the cop decides to charge violators.Sidney's pension is looking pretty good.If the Detroit Police Department put this much enthusiasm in stopping crime and Magistrates like (Sidney)would dedicate their time to crime.Detroit would be a great city to live in.
I feel your pain. When the fine is $100, for example only, that $100 is divided up with a portion going to the state for administration, some to the court, and some to the city and so forth. They all see it as paying their wages so they will always find you guilty. People who were wrongfully ticketed are mixed in with the lot. The prosecutor and judge don't care anyway. They just want the cash. Be glad they only wrote you for a seat belt infraction that carries no points I believe. It's not fair, but we are stuck with it.
BoJoe

Royal Oak, MI

#5 Jan 11, 2011
I drawing reminded me of that smellie negroe panafrican thats on here from time to time!!!
DRIVER

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#6 Jan 14, 2011
Tony:I only wrote this to discuss the disgust I have with the entire "CITY OF DETROIT" from the police department on down.I had to mention officer "TOWNSIL" BADGE NUMBER (3564)and of course magistrate (SIDNEY BARTHWELL JR.)who by the way when he was an attorney had some issues??? if any body wants to look that up?and yes, your right, I am lucky that it was only the seatbelt ticket...I will be so glad when I move out of Detroit which will only get worse,I pay taxes for what? to this shithole lousy services a police department that just flat out sucks... City council that is another joke... Bing wants to shrink the city but he has to realize that you have to shrink it according to the number of people who live in it.If you have 500,000 people and shrink its services down to a city of 250,000 your going to have problems.God help anyone who has to live in or deal with Detroit.
Tony

Plymouth, MI

#8 Jan 15, 2011
DRIVER wrote:
Tony:I only wrote this to discuss the disgust I have with the entire "CITY OF DETROIT" from the police department on down.I had to mention officer "TOWNSIL" BADGE NUMBER (3564)and of course magistrate (SIDNEY BARTHWELL JR.)who by the way when he was an attorney had some issues??? if any body wants to look that up?and yes, your right, I am lucky that it was only the seatbelt ticket...I will be so glad when I move out of Detroit which will only get worse,I pay taxes for what? to this shithole lousy services a police department that just flat out sucks... City council that is another joke... Bing wants to shrink the city but he has to realize that you have to shrink it according to the number of people who live in it.If you have 500,000 people and shrink its services down to a city of 250,000 your going to have problems.God help anyone who has to live in or deal with Detroit.
The latest deal is to attract residents by paying them up to $25,000 to move to Detroit. The biggest part of that ($20,000) is a loan forgiveness program for buying a home. You could even buy many entire homes for $20K. Still, after paying $2,500 home insurance,$2,000+ auto insurance, and the city income tax, it won't take long to use up that grant and be paying forever after. It's a bad deal to live in an unsafe dump anyway and that's what Detroit will be for the near future.
Person

Detroit, MI

#9 Jun 15, 2013
The Detroit Police Department is LOUSY! Our car got stolen and they did nothing about it! We even asked if they can send a police to patrol on who was doing the robberies in our neighbor before our car's window got busted. They still did nothing. No wonder people are leaving Detroit. The Detroit Police Department is a joke.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Rouge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man charged with threatening Riverview church o... 7 hr Rose_NoHo 67
90% Approval Rating For President Trump 15 hr WATCHING LIVONIA 5
Black Racism Protected in Detroit 15 hr WATCHING LIVONIA 2
News Submit Photos: Worst potholes in metro Detroit 15 hr WATCHING LIVONIA 1
Detroit World Outreach - Ellis Smith really?? (Jul '17) Tue krtcoop 25
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Tue Tyrone Abdul Carp 21,440
Michigan Ave Feb 19 Honey 1

River Rouge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

River Rouge Mortgages