Review: Hudson Lofts
Posted in the River Rouge Forum
#1 Sep 12, 2011
"DO NOT RENT/LEASE THIS PROPERTY, NO MATTER HOW GOOD OF A DEAL YOU ARE OFFERED!!!!" This property has GREAT potential, but the management company, Boydel Development Compay is only interested in the botton line...MONEY. The buildings 4th and 5th floors are still under construction, and the first of us tenants just moved in the middle of August, and we are already organizing tenants meeting in an attempt to voice our concerns to the so far uncooperative property management company. Below is a list of just the general building complaints:
- Make shift lock on front lobby door.
- No buzzer or intercom system for visitors.
- Building leaking due to rain on all floors and in the stairwell, and the issue not being addressed re: provisions for buckets to collect rain, or mop of floor to avoid tenants slipping/falling.
- Inside Hallway lighting not sufficient, thus safety is an issue.
- No HOT Water!
- No designated trash area....Rodents (i.e. a LARGE Racoon has moved into the bldg on the 3rd floor).
- Promised off street secured parking behind locked gated parking lot and garage parking...No off street parking provided, and tenants are receiving tickets for parking on the street (30.00/day and no markings showing that you can't park on the street).
- No janitoral or housing keeping services for the common areas of the building (i.e. front lobby, hallway & stairways, or front of outside of building).
- No Mailboxes for tenants.
- No heat and no date for installation of heating units in individual lofts.
- No Air Conditioners (porperty advised tenants have to buy their own).
- No working elevator, broken 99% of the time.
- No phone service or cable/satelitte TV service in the building.
- No laudry facilities as promised.
This is just the common area concerns. Individual tenants have long list of issues inside their units like, leaking windows, no light fixers, no stove or refrigerator, boards where windows should be, plumbing issues, painting not done, etc.
It is understood that the building is still under construction, but when the Property Developement Company - Boydell Development Company, does not reply to your correspondence or calls for repair assitance, and the Leasing Agent - Gary Mexicotte, makes you promises of fixing issues, etc., but NEVER follows through, it becomes overwhelming stressful to say the least. Unless you like dealing with stressful situations where you live I would recommend you to stay away from Hudson Lofts, Detroit, MI. The property management of this real estate clearly does not have the best interest of its tenants in mind.
#2 Sep 12, 2011
Your long epistle proves what dopes/dupes you tenants are. Most of the complaints are observable "open and conspicuous" situations that you tenants chose to move in without them being addressed. You may still have grounds to void the leases and relocate. I know that is stressful and expensive. You might be successful in a financial remedy. If you have not done so, I suggest your group retain legal representation.
PS. I could not live there if every one of your concerns were addressed because sooner or later I'd have to leave the building.
#5 Jan 5, 2013
No it really is ridiculous living here. I woke up to water cascading from the ceiling down my wall. They do not have an emergency number so ur just s o l till the next day. Incredibly understaffed and a horrible place to live. Can't wait to move out.
#6 Jan 5, 2013
That's the beauty of renting. Most folks in this group are well-to-do home owners who tend to look down on renters. The MLK Apartment complex was recently featured in the news. That may be an option for you.
Add your comments below
|Metro Detroit man flying confederate flag||3 hr||WATCHING LIVONIA||7|
|Is Rexella Van Impe single||5 hr||Ricardo montobomb||1|
|Does anyone know what happened to Pebbles Medley? (Apr '14)||21 hr||Ricardo montobomb||7|
|john peppercorn the prophet||21 hr||Ricardo montobomb||3|
|Warren arrests may solve burglary spree targeti...||Mon||Amy Joy||2|
|Afghanistan heroin market up 3500% since US In...||Mon||Theo||1|
Find what you want!
Search River Rouge Forum Now
Copyright © 2017 Topix LLC