Sierra Club: Pollution 'human rights abuse' to poor, minorities in metro Detroit

There are 4 comments on the Apr 4, 2013, Detroit Free Press story titled Sierra Club: Pollution 'human rights abuse' to poor, minorities in metro Detroit. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

The City of Detroit Wastewater Treatment Plant at 9300 W. Jefferson, Monday, June 30, 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

Pete

Livonia, MI

#1 Apr 4, 2013
It was in the news again today. Air quality may well be a problem. What was funny though was today's interview with a young family in sight of the plant. The interview took place in the driveway. Everybody is standing around in a cloud of charcoal smoke from the barbeque they are using. Visibility was about four feet. The mother states, "I don't know what they're doing over there but we are always coughing and we want to know why."
Lisa

Salem, AR

#2 Apr 29, 2013
FK the Sierra Club.
mike

Akron, OH

#3 Apr 29, 2013
not to mention that poor people have never shown any incentive to clean up their own trash in the hood.
Sam I Am

Salem, AR

#4 Apr 30, 2013
mike wrote:
not to mention that poor people have never shown any incentive to clean up their own trash in the hood.
They are way to busy drinking beer taking drugs and killing each other on the tax payers dime. Killing each other not a problem.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Rouge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Genital Herpes 13 hr Meanie 21
News Detroit's Alice Cooper: 'You just can't shock a... 16 hr Kelly 4
News Truck caught on camera dumping in Detroit 17 hr Kelly 1
Jack Van Impe is dead (Mar '11) Sat elmo 477
News Detroit police pay battle heats up Fri Free Kwame 2
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Fri Hiawatha 19,847
Frozen Dog Apr 12 lewws 2
More from around the web

River Rouge People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]