Wayne County jail pods to move as dis...

Wayne County jail pods to move as disaster wraps up

There are 3 comments on the ClickOnDetroit story from Oct 16, 2013, titled Wayne County jail pods to move as disaster wraps up. In it, ClickOnDetroit reports that:

It sits out in the elements nearly $100 million over the $300 million budget [had they not stopped building].

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ClickOnDetroit.

kev

Toledo, OH

#1 Oct 17, 2013
It sounds like the state needs to be overseeing this county until proper procedures to erradicate wasteful spending r impplemented
Pete

Livonia, MI

#2 Oct 17, 2013
Despite how Bobby tries to pretend this will all work out, a $200 million loss is assured. A jail worth $100 million will be had for $300 million total.

All I saw yesterday was demolition of concrete structures. If they are in fact moving the pods, my guess is that they will eventually destroy them in seclusion at the Mound Road facility when cameras are not present. If so, this added $500,000 transportation to hide the pods is more waste. Bobby would parse it as saving money by not storing the pods.
kev

Toledo, OH

#3 Oct 17, 2013
Pete wrote:
Despite how Bobby tries to pretend this will all work out, a $200 million loss is assured. A jail worth $100 million will be had for $300 million total.
All I saw yesterday was demolition of concrete structures. If they are in fact moving the pods, my guess is that they will eventually destroy them in seclusion at the Mound Road facility when cameras are not present. If so, this added $500,000 transportation to hide the pods is more waste. Bobby would parse it as saving money by not storing the pods.
I seem to think the voters who put bobby in office have seen things that happened behinds the scenes that really show a big change is needed in the hierarchy of Wayne county gov't. Nixon knew his days were numbered.The same applies here hopefully.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Rouge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 32 min Ha Hair 20,932
Rexella Van Impe's 15 facelifts a SIN (Jul '13) 6 hr Judiann 129
als motorcycle repair 7 hr harley 1
What would be the best way to CLEAN UP DETROIT? (Sep '14) 11 hr ThomasA 229
News Sharia scare threatens religious freedom (Nov '10) 13 hr mikebank 16
News Metro Detroit woman scammed out of $703,000 On ... 14 hr WATCHING LIVONIA 2
News Have you seen them? 2 children missing out of t... 18 hr former democrat 1

River Rouge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

River Rouge Mortgages