Police settlement of suit doesn't add up

Police settlement of suit doesn't add up

There are 5 comments on the Detroit Free Press story from Aug 22, 2009, titled Police settlement of suit doesn't add up. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

Sound familiar? The City of Detroit makes two huge payouts to complainants without the knowledge or approval of the City Council.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

Runny

Zephyrhills, FL

#1 Aug 22, 2009
Being that its in the city,does anyone care ?
(I don't)
obskeptic

United States

#2 Aug 22, 2009
I care as much for the city as its residents do, and that isn't very much!
mee

Southgate, MI

#3 Aug 23, 2009
that is because they know they are guilty and rather that the truth coming out they just pay to keep things quite
Taco Bender

Stockton, CA

#4 Aug 23, 2009
mee wrote:
that is because they know they are guilty and rather that the truth coming out they just pay to keep things quite
I agree and they also had to pocket a pile of that 'loot' for themselves while they were dipping into that settlement money!!
Paul Kersey

United States

#5 Aug 24, 2009
Detroit Police are going to need to tighten up their game and do more without working cameras or witnesses. The law of unintended consequences might come into play.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Rouge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump Doesn't call White Mass Murders, Rapists ... 3 hr Lulz 7
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 7 hr Mark 21,718
Blacks behave like spoiled children. 12 hr WhiteSatan 6
Not another Republican President.. 13 hr WATCHING LIVONIA 2
Roseanne Barr, Jewish Hillbilly character just ... 13 hr WATCHING LIVONIA 2
Review: Downriver Cleaning Service (Nov '08) 16 hr Cleaner up Girl 4
Another White Mass murderer .Trump Tue Jim 1

River Rouge Jobs

Personal Finance

River Rouge Mortgages