Wayne: Allen Park voters OK millage f...

Wayne: Allen Park voters OK millage for police, fire

There are 1 comment on the Detroit News story from Aug 6, 2013, titled Wayne: Allen Park voters OK millage for police, fire. In it, Detroit News reports that:

Nine Wayne County suburbs were deciding school and public safety measures as well as shrinking the fields for mayor and city council seats In Redford Township, voters were to decide on 2 mills for a South Redford schools building fund, while Romulus, Taylor, Dearborn, Ecorse, River Rouge, Trenton and Hamtramck had mayoral and city council ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit News.

kev

Chicago, IL

#1 Aug 6, 2013
I remember taking a drive in august 1990 along west michigan near the lake north of I94. I saw a sign in someones yard in country said something to effect of " taxes, taxes, taxes sick of taxes!" That stuck with me. I think this rings true in alot of people. I talked to friend in cameron Missouri who told me his yearly taxes r $400. And he was complaining. Then i relayed how much taxes r around michigan in certain areas. For the people who have money to pay these taxes it might be ok. But what about single people who have to pay everything in household? I guess u can't fight city hall. Where is the headlee amendment relevant? Cities need more money. County is broke. Didn't they ever consider things when these ridiculous salaries, pensions,bonuses etc were being formulated? I feel that people who wanna donate to these bottomless pits should do so. But leave people who r struggling alone and not force them to pay.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Rouge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Construction has few blacks, report says (Aug '07) Sat MrsMrs90 613
Whistle Stop Pop Shop Jan 14 slmb4607 1
News 5 biggest shocks: What surprised us at the Detr... Jan 13 Christsharians on... 1
Jack Van Impe is dead (Mar '11) Jan 13 Rolliby 501
News The Rev. Samuel Turner Sr. Jan 13 Bishop Cheryl Myhand 1
News Making Bicycles in Detroit Is an Uphill Ride Aug '16 TRUMP SARCASM SUCKS 2
News Obama reduces sentence of Detroit-area man with... (Jun '16) Jun '16 Cordwainer Trout 10

River Rouge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

River Rouge Mortgages