WRIF hoopla haunts Drew Lane

Apr 24, 2008 Full story: The Detroit News 63

“I talked to a syndicator who thought it'd be a winner”

Once the king of morning radio, now he's the talk of it, as well as the subject of gossip in offices all around Metro Detroit. via The Detroit News

Full Story
TruthBeTold

Farmington, MI

#44 Mar 18, 2009
Right on the money with the whole stupid airplane bullshit...really, who gives a rats ass?

Mike is too shallow and limited to carry this show...I sometimes turn it on thinking it will be different today, then I quickly realize how foolish I was to expect anything better.

Drew is not coming back...whatever, I get that, but as far as Mike in the morning goes...no ah ah!
HazelTucker

Royal Oak, MI

#47 Mar 31, 2009
I think Drew and Mike will never be replaced, together there is no one better and never will be. The show is not the same without him but Mike still kicks ass. Drew might have left as a result of Mikes Farting, Knock it off Butt mic!!!
Telluride

Harrison Township, MI

#48 Apr 2, 2009
Yeah, there's little chance Mike could have started that gig at RIF and built up the huge following that Drew and Mike did together. Some of the funniest stuff I'd ever heard was from that show. The Andrew Cunnanan bit about Versace and the Perfect Storm parody. That stuff was incredibly funny! Mike was important to the show as a local guy with perspective and he's done a nice job since Drew left, but it's not as intelligent or "tears in the eyes" funny anymore. It was easy to tell that Drew spent alot of time researching and preparing for each show. It seems like they fly by the seat of their pants more now.(No pun) Trudy is still good( I always found her to sound so sexy when imitating a gay guy!) and Jamie adds a little more but it's not the force it was w/Drew.
Telluride

Harrison Township, MI

#49 Apr 2, 2009
1 other note; The thing about Drew being off for that long, extended time for his girlfriend seemed odd to me. I mean, to each his own, and everybodies different, but mos. of leave? How many of us could take mos off for an ailing spouse? My Mom had breast cancer and still cooked, cleaned and everything else around the house. What could my Dad do? Help cook dinner? She would rather he went to work for his own sake. Give him some time to take his mind off of things.
Drew Fan

Troy, MI

#50 May 28, 2009
Drew was on the air on May 13th for a Boston talk show station, and it was really enjoyable, a dude from detroit called in and Weasled in telling the screener he was from Boston, Drew immediately called him a weasle! LOL it was great Killer Kawolski was also on the show. Search on Drew Lane and WTKK to hear some of the show.
bs killer

Melvindale, MI

#51 Jun 24, 2009
Just heard yesterday that Drew is coming back to WRIF. The Drew and Mike show is back starting July 13th!
Looks like someone at WRIF finally woke up and smelled the crap that was being doled out on the morning show.
Now if only they'd get rid of Penthallow and Podell........
Johnny

Windsor, Canada

#52 Jul 3, 2009
Mike Clark kept the show at number one for the two years that Drew abandoned the ship...and did a dam good job of it.
How many people out there could jump in and keep the show even on the air let alone keep it at #1.
Not too many, if any !!

I think Mike has a few listeners that are jealous and further more the show should remain as "Mike In The Morning"
TruthBeTold

Farmington, MI

#53 Jul 3, 2009
Johnny wrote:
Mike Clark kept the show at number one for the two years that Drew abandoned the ship...and did a dam good job of it.
How many people out there could jump in and keep the show even on the air let alone keep it at #1.
Not too many, if any !!
I think Mike has a few listeners that are jealous and further more the show should remain as "Mike In The Morning"
That show sucked without Drew...which is why he is coming back...duhhh!

Mike was a so-so second banana at best...Drew pulled it all together. Mikes timing is way off, he interrupts everyone, his jokes are lame most of the time, and he just plain blows at running the program and keeping the tempo!

I used to lock and load on one show every morning, now I bounce from channel to channel trying to find a funny bit...with Drew back, I will not have to do this as much, unless Mike starts talking about freaking flying again!
Jake Matt

Windsor, Canada

#54 Jul 8, 2009
You are all full of crap.
Mike is the best and will always be !!
Government Foe

Dearborn, MI

#55 Jul 8, 2009
Jake Matt wrote:
That clearly states your limited intellect.
TruthBeTold

Farmington, MI

#56 Jul 8, 2009
Jake Matt wrote:
Come on...is this Mike in disguise?

Hey Mike...what kind of plane do you fly again...lmao!
Bbb 454

Rochester, MI

#57 Dec 10, 2009
WE need a pirate radio station like in the movie released this year. Yes, Detroit radio does suck. How do we fix it?
labean4

United States

#59 Aug 3, 2010
gdriver wrote:
on the road driving everyday in metro area mike has carried the ball just fine after losing half the show .mike and the morning boys make the work day possible with local and current events unlike all the other obama ass kissing so called shows who else gets those interveiws rock on dudes and i will keep laughing my ass off
Mike sucks its good to have Drew back. Mikes dumbass political comments are so completely off base and one sided i think its time to check him for dementia.
mike clark is lesbian

Saint Louis, MO

#60 Oct 8, 2010
They need to kick that no talent moron Mike Clark right off the show, and replace him with Trudi. She is the the only person on the show with a fragment of brain and Drew is the only one capable of pacing the show and doing interviews. Mike Clark is an anchor who farts into the mic every 3rd show and derails news stories and other aspects of the show with his uninformed moronic right wing rants. Arthur P probably has more of a handle on national politics and geopolitical issues than Mike the 62 yr old lesbian grandmother Clark.
cock of rock

Rochester, MI

#61 Oct 13, 2010
Podell Go away already.Please take Mike Clark with you.
tas

Troy, MI

#62 Jul 3, 2012
gdriver wrote:
on the road driving everyday in metro area mike has carried the ball just fine after losing half the show .mike and the morning boys make the work day possible with local and current events unlike all the other obama ass kissing so called shows who else gets those interveiws rock on dudes and i will keep laughing my ass off
MIKE CLARK douche bag clown pervert....
Sue

Farmington, MI

#64 May 8, 2013
Amy Hyes wrote:
First get your facts straight! Drew did not leave because of a Drug habit at all. His fiancee was very ill and Drew was simply burnt out after so many years of early Morning radio and success. Sometimes talent needs time to step back and re group. Lets say Drew does havea drug issue - he is WRIF's cash cow and they would be foolish to think they could fire him nor would they.
Paleasee The king of radio and one of the most talented men to grace the radio waves could never be fired duhhh! They would have done anything to keep him and I happen to know this fo a fact.
He resigned on his own terms period!
<quoted text>
Yeah.....Seems you were wrong effective May 18th 2013
Sue

Farmington, MI

#65 May 8, 2013
Jake Matt wrote:
AGREED !
Sue

Farmington, MI

#66 May 8, 2013
labean4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike sucks its good to have Drew back. Mikes dumbass political comments are so completely off base and one sided i think its time to check him for dementia.
Drew is good only for sports.
Randy

Mesquite, NV

#67 May 8, 2013
labean4 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've sure got old! I've had two bypass surgeries, a hip replacement, new knees, fought prostate cancer and diabetes. I'm half blind, can't hear anything quieter than a jet engine, take 40 different medications that make me dizzy, winded, and subject to blackouts. Have bouts with dementia... Have poor circulation; can hardly feel my hands and feet anymore. I can't remember if I'm 89 or 98. I've lost all my friends.

But, thank God, I still have my driver's license.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Rouge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
My mom and I are having sex 3 hr The Devil 8
Residents Say Scrappers Woke Them Up After Apar... 9 hr Pope Francis 1
Islam is woven into Michigan history 10 hr Mo Hammed 11
NAACP Symbolically Buries N-Word (Jul '07) 19 hr Dog Man 54
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 22 hr tcaud 19,486
Rouse Properties Executes Three H&M Leases at K... Nov 25 kev 1
Immigrants bypass Detroit for suburbs Nov 25 Brainwashed again 6
River Rouge Dating
Find my Match

River Rouge People Search