WRIF hoopla haunts Drew Lane

Apr 24, 2008 Full story: The Detroit News 63

“I talked to a syndicator who thought it'd be a winner”

Once the king of morning radio, now he's the talk of it, as well as the subject of gossip in offices all around Metro Detroit. via The Detroit News

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
tman

New Baltimore, MI

#1 Apr 26, 2008
the hell with you drew you damn crybaby,you dont want to get up early anymore boho bohoo,give the baby his bottle!!!!
Whatever

Lima, OH

#2 Apr 27, 2008
The show will suck without him!
Mike Walters blows as a front man, and was pretty bad as a second banana too.

Oh and didn't Drew want to change shifts because of his finance's cancer?

Drew was good in the morning, but would have been just as good in the afternoon too. Enough with that washed up Arthur-P and his insipid bu..bu..bu...baby crap!

I hate hearing this old moron yelling through the radio all the time and acting as if anyone cares! You are insignificant Art, retire already!
flint guy

Grand Blanc, MI

#3 May 4, 2008
Drew reminded me of an old dude up here names Dave Barber.

I will miss you drew , you are my J.P.

31/white male
danny

Brighton, MI

#4 May 10, 2008
drew paid his dues in detroit and made wrif alot of money they should of let him work whatever shift he wanted to. I cant believe his coworkers wouldnt back him since he is the one that got them there.
pat

United States

#5 Jun 11, 2008
the show sucks without drew, mike is a moron who doesnt have any original ideas. mark is monotone and shouldnt be allowed to speak on air.
tainted

Eastpointe, MI

#6 Jun 11, 2008
Drew left the wrif because of an oxi-coten addiction he cant kick. They gave him one extended abcense once to get over it but he fell of the wagon. So he was canned, end of Drew.
TruthBeTold

Lima, OH

#7 Jun 11, 2008
tainted wrote:
Drew left the wrif because of an oxi-coten addiction he cant kick. They gave him one extended abcense once to get over it but he fell of the wagon. So he was canned, end of Drew.
You are so full of shit your eyes are brown!
tainted

Eastpointe, MI

#8 Jun 11, 2008
lol, thats my story, im stikin to it
tainted

Eastpointe, MI

#10 Jun 12, 2008
This has been going on longer than that you mouse brains. You live in the moment and forget the past.It's been sveral years now.
tainted_is_retar ded

Columbiana, OH

#11 Jun 24, 2008
tainted wrote:
You are an uninformed, slandering, douche bag...!
mike babone

Ann Arbor, MI

#12 Jul 23, 2008
Mike Clark cannot succeed, he can hardly phrase a sentence. The stupid plane talk... idol talk ; lost talk. Doug Podell is the worst PD ever and as if wcsx wasn't shitty enough we got Podell programming for them.Hey! Doug could I hear sweet home alabama or maybe Start Me up or maybe on wrif
could i here some 80s gay music you were playing twenty years ago. Arthur you are as old as my Grandma now. Forget Baby! how about oldlady. Nothing sader then an oldman trying to hang-on.
Fester

Royal Oak, MI

#13 Aug 4, 2008
After all the e-misinfo, here's my take: Drew and Mike both followed the bad advice of mgt. and said nothing about what was going on, until it was too late. Drew's idea of moving the show to afternoons was too radical for detroit, and he wasnt as big as he thought to bump arthur p or anyone else. Mike and trudi are holding their own, but the show has lost its edge. wrif is still wrif, how many radio stations can say they havent changed their format? drew still blows, wrif still rocks! not hanna-mon-trendy, just consistent...
Hoppy

United States

#14 Aug 12, 2008
tainted wrote:
When you take "oxi-coten" do you get "coten mouth"? Learn to spell before you start sharing your ignorance with the rest of us please.
WRIF listener

Northville, MI

#15 Aug 27, 2008
Any word on when Drew will launch the new show with Skin?
masart

Rochester, MI

#16 Sep 3, 2008
Detroit radio has been suffering for a while. You really notice how bad it is when traveling to the north or out of state.

I hoppy I spelled everything ok for you.
zip

Roseville, MI

#17 Sep 7, 2008
tainted wrote:
I agree his mumbling and stmbling of words the last couple of years on air was very annoying!
RIFBLOWS

Lima, OH

#18 Sep 7, 2008
WRIF really sux with the "veteran" on air staff.

Doug Podel is a tool and a character of himself the way he broadcasts, "Got som reeealy good stuf cumin up", god he sux!

Then there is Art P, hes as old as dirt as far as radio goes. He is disgustingly grotesque in his whole chester the molester routine when he is hitting on the traffic chicks...uhhh yuck!
He is no longer relevant people!

Then to agree with some others, Mike is a real tool!
Who gives a rats ass about your stupid planes, or your opinion either. You have no sense of timing, and you dominate the freakin mic, not giving anyone else a chance to talk. YOU SUCK!
mikeblows

Sterling Heights, MI

#19 Sep 8, 2008
Mike Clark is horrible--with his cigarette induced laugh--HAW, HAW, HAW!!!!! He was always a "yes man" when drew was there, just agreeing with everything Drew would say. He knows nothing about anything except planes/flying.and it is so disgusting to listen to him kiss Mickey Redmond's ass during hockey season. Tries to make it sound like he knows sports--Please!!!!

Doug Podell and arthur P have got to go as well!!!!
Shutup

Ann Arbor, MI

#20 Sep 22, 2008
Damn, get a life! It's a radio show for Christ sake! Drew and Mike worked together for like 16 years- outrageously long in the entertainment industry. Drew probably just had enough of getting up in the middle of the freaking night for all those years. His family life was probably drifting by without him much of the time and that was that. It doesn't need to be about his back, drugs, cancer or any of that crap...just enough. The dude wants to enjoy his family. I have an awesome, gorgeous wife and two little girls and I would hate working those hours for a month, let alone years.....hell, I'd stay home every day if I could. The fact that Mike is hanging in there today is a credit to his courage he has as a performer and from what I've heard, the audience respects that and enjoys him. They're just guys with families (and a plane..and dogs) making a living like anyone else. I enjoyed them as you all did but things change - get over it.
gdriver

Roseville, MI

#21 Oct 1, 2008
on the road driving everyday in metro area mike has carried the ball just fine after losing half the show .mike and the morning boys make the work day possible with local and current events unlike all the other obama ass kissing so called shows who else gets those interveiws rock on dudes and i will keep laughing my ass off

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Rouge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Aryan nation ! 44 min Skeeter 3
Wind advisory in effect Christmas Eve 1 hr Skeeter 1
Home alone 1 hr Poetic Justice 1
Detroit woman caught smuggling marijuana to her... (Dec '11) 1 hr lefty72 7
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 7 hr Sheboon 19,565
I still love Kwame Kilpatrick; 7 hr Meanie 2
I want to die New Years Eve ? 7 hr Government-Foe 1
River Rouge Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

River Rouge People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

River Rouge News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in River Rouge

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News