auto deaths vs gun deaths

Posted in the River Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#1 Jan 9, 2013
I've read a lot here state something to the effect: "ban cars since they cause more deaths than guns"

I call BS.....

and here's a little data that questions this assertion:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201...

Altho I will say that this is truly apples & oranges (as Bait would like to say).

We truly need cars, we don't NEED guns....
bang bang little boys
nothing BUTT facts

Holden, WV

#2 Jan 9, 2013
heres some facts for you. it clearly show how most AMERICANS really feel about violating our 2nd amendment.

&fe ature=player_detailpage

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#3 Jan 9, 2013
nothing BUTT facts wrote:
heres some facts for you. it clearly show how most AMERICANS really feel about violating our 2nd amendment.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =_Wije5_zi1EXX&feature=pla yer_detailpage
I'd venture to bet a huge amount of $$ that MOST 'mericuns have no idea what the 2nd amendment is..
nothing BUTT facts

Holden, WV

#4 Jan 9, 2013
New Girl in Town_Ethereal wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd venture to bet a huge amount of $$ that MOST 'mericuns have no idea what the 2nd amendment is..
without the 2nd there will be no 1st....facts
nothing BUTT facts

Holden, WV

#5 Jan 9, 2013
which of the 57 states are you from NGIT?

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#6 Jan 9, 2013
nothing BUTT facts wrote:
which of the 57 states are you from NGIT?
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
I'm from the state of civility
Arrogant Shmuck

Louisville, KY

#7 Jan 10, 2013
The state of civility my eye ! No civil person would get on here and post some of the dirty sexual invitations you have given out to anyone who would accept them, nor would you post your racist remarks about the good people of Eastern Ky. BTW you have a sucko posting style. You just can't come up with one thing on your own that makes sense so you have to cut and paste. Mayvbe that should be your new name old cut n paste!
Arrogant Shmuck

Louisville, KY

#8 Jan 10, 2013
Hi everyone I'm the New Girl In Town

I hate Hillbillies and Rednecks with a passion

To trash them on here is my evr lastin

Pride, joy and my hearts' desire

Trashing Hilltards sets my mind on fire

And if you are brave enough to say I'm wrong

Gaytor Bait will call you a liar

While he's wearing my pink, sparkly thong !
You crazy

Somerset, KY

#9 Jan 10, 2013
Arrogant Shmuck wrote:
Hi everyone I'm the New Girl In Town
I hate Hillbillies and Rednecks with a passion
To trash them on here is my evr lastin
Pride, joy and my hearts' desire
Trashing Hilltards sets my mind on fire
And if you are brave enough to say I'm wrong
Gaytor Bait will call you a liar
While he's wearing my pink, sparkly thong !
Shudup dude and quit getting everything off topic!!
Arrogant Shmuck

Louisville, KY

#10 Jan 10, 2013
Sorry, matbe I'll make a thread totally devoted to dising NG. SORRY.
hello

Paintsville, KY

#11 Jan 10, 2013
not one thing that has been said make any scene about guns new girl i just want to say one thing about you i don't who you are but i think they have padded rooms for crazys like u at three rivers and if you don't no what that is it the crazy house
Arrogant Shmuck

Louisville, KY

#12 Jan 10, 2013
Just cruising around Topix having a little fun at NGs' expense.
WHEN

Lexington, KY

#13 Jan 10, 2013
New Girl in Town_Ethereal wrote:
I've read a lot here state something to the effect: "ban cars since they cause more deaths than guns"
I call BS.....
and here's a little data that questions this assertion:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201...
Altho I will say that this is truly apples & oranges (as Bait would like to say).
We truly need cars, we don't NEED guns....
bang bang little boys
I am good friends of the guy that lost his mom, dad, and only sibling in the car wreck on Christmas Eve to a guy that had been arrested many times and even drunk driving. He was driving this day on suspended license. He had been released early from jail. Do you think we need stricter laws concerning drunk driving? Would he have been any more dangerous if he had a gun with him?
WHEN

Lexington, KY

#14 Jan 10, 2013
This was the wreck in Knox county. Look it up!
Arrogant Shmuck

Louisville, KY

#15 Jan 10, 2013
I find it impossible to believe that guns are responsible for more deaths than cars as some people on here would have us believe. The only way you could manage the figures to support that argument would be to add casualties of war and that's not what the problem is . If you pit the figures for gun fatalities against car fatalities in a domestic situation you could never honestly say guns killed more people than cars.

Since: Jun 12

Wheelwright, KY

#16 Jan 10, 2013
The second amendment was put in place by our founding fathers to prevent government from abusing their power.
Looks like too little, too late.
If they could have seen into the future, seen the advancement of weapons from reloadable gun and power to fully automatic, I doubt the amendment would have been worded the way it is.
Cars do kill more people than guns. But in this day and age, cars are essential to most peoples survival. Guns are not.

Since: Jun 12

Wheelwright, KY

#17 Jan 10, 2013
And to be more specific, not every single car will kill a person. No one gets in a car thinking they are going to die. But take that same person and put them in a room with another stranger with a gun and see what their thought process is then.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#18 Jan 10, 2013
endsense wrote:
And to be more specific, not every single car will kill a person. No one gets in a car thinking they are going to die. But take that same person and put them in a room with another stranger with a gun and see what their thought process is then.
Finally another voice of reason.
who you foolin

Holden, WV

#19 Jan 10, 2013
endsense wrote:
And to be more specific, not every single car will kill a person. No one gets in a car thinking they are going to die. But take that same person and put them in a room with another stranger with a gun and see what their thought process is then.
is it the car that kills or the person being wreckless?
is it the gun or the person pulling the trigger?

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#20 Jan 10, 2013
who you foolin wrote:
<quoted text>
is it the car that kills or the person being wreckless?
is it the gun or the person pulling the trigger?
Could it be the dope head or drunk killing an innocent family of five?

Could it be a blown tire killing teenagers on the way home from school?

Could it be a redneck running a stop sign while texting?

....so what was your point again?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Remember Bill Witten acted like a sore loser wh... 4 min General Grant 16
Day Reads and Comments the OT - Wisdom Books (Jul '13) 5 min Day 767
Sinkhole forming under railroad crossing underp... 35 min Pat 10
Nancy Price for CountyJudge 1 hr hamer head 17
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr so true 131,417
Bill Witten's Fitness Level is the = big fat zero 2 hr photo op 7
Hammond Five is alive (Oct '11) 4 hr Dickens1 12,279
River Dating
Find my Match

River Jobs

River People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

River News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in River

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]