Lost Oak Park and River Forest High S...

Lost Oak Park and River Forest High School class ring returned ...

There are 27 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jun 11, 2009, titled Lost Oak Park and River Forest High School class ring returned .... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Jill Bakke was weeding her flower bed recently at her Oak Park house when she found a school ring from Oak Park and River Forest High School, Class of 1942.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Lauren

Chicago, IL

#27 Jun 12, 2009
What a heart-warming story... great to know that there are still good people in this world!! Way to go, Jill!
rae

Chicago, IL

#28 Jun 12, 2009
RIDude wrote:
<quoted text>
It's spelled RIGHT and either RUINING or RUNNING - and this relates to this story how?
I think Electric needs a Vacation
Kevin

Maywood, IL

#29 Jun 12, 2009
Don't hassle the lady for letting her daughter wear her ring. I discovered my mother's class ring in her jewelry box when I was in high school. It fit my pinkie. She let me wear it. I'm now 52 and she has been gone now for 10 years but the ring is still on my pinkie.
Barbara

Alsip, IL

#30 Jun 12, 2009
What a great story !! I keep waiting for someone/anyone to find my HS class ring !! Good to know there are still good people out there.
Bob

Chicago, IL

#31 Jun 12, 2009
How do stories like this make it into the paper? I agree it is a great story but who thinks to call the paper to let them know what is happening and then coordinating all the them to have the photographer there and such?
sue

Chicago, IL

#32 Jun 12, 2009
Kevin wrote:
Don't hassle the lady for letting her daughter wear her ring. I discovered my mother's class ring in her jewelry box when I was in high school. It fit my pinkie. She let me wear it. I'm now 52 and she has been gone now for 10 years but the ring is still on my pinkie.
Agreed. I went to the same HS as my mom. Her ring was beautiful and the class rings they offered us where ugly. She passed hers along to me, I wore it many years and was often complimented, fortunately I still have it.
Kevin

United States

#34 Jun 12, 2009
Great thing to do. Need more of these type.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

River Forest Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lyons, il politics (Mar '07) 3 hr Womens March 10,592
Gone but not forgotten (May '09) 5 hr Sant 745
Ex chief police of summit illinois Jan 14 For The Record 4
Melrose Park Businesses: We will never spend mo... (Feb '12) Jan 13 Lowest of them All 20
New Northlake chief Nissen is hated by his offi... (Nov '16) Jan 13 Psychology 15
radio silence Jan 12 WILDBILL 14
News Oakbrook Terrace water slides had good ride in ... (Jul '09) Nov '17 KSM2243 76

River Forest Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

River Forest Mortgages